looks great man!
Old 05-02-2007, 02:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good keep us posted!!
Old 05-03-2007, 08:56 AM
blownerator

Is there any reason you are grabbing the IAT's at the inlet. I assume that is what I am seeing, correct me if I am wrong. The Magnuson NEEDs the IAT in the manifold to read discharge temps.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:49 AM
Staging Lane

Nice, your gonna be so happy when its all done, mine was just finished about a month ago, it does everything maggie promised, I've never had that much horsepower with such good manners. Stock my car made 324 rwhp after the maggie and exhaust 477 rwhp @ 7psi, and you can always make more psi. ENJOY!!
Old 05-03-2007, 10:01 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nicely done, I wouldnt mind having something like that for a driver.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brian@JPA
Is there any reason you are grabbing the IAT's at the inlet. I assume that is what I am seeing, correct me if I am wrong. The Magnuson NEEDs the IAT in the manifold to read discharge temps.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:39 PM
TECH Veteran

They decided to go from there on my IAT's since I am only running 18* of timing and a 160 T Stat. During tuning they had no issues with this way as Ed explained to me and no KR, and it has yet to go over 210. If it hurts it or damages my bottom end so be it, I got another one in my garage. If someone wants it that way I am sure he will do it. Worked fine on my C5 with the procharger at 10-12 lbs with a stock bottom end, but then again the blower was before the IAT guage as well. He has had no issues with this method, so I am sticking to it for now. This is one of those debates that can go either way, its not my area or experiance so I will go with Ed I trust him on this. Honestly, I have no reason to change this for now, if there is an issue then I will try it the other way later on. Its not that hard to change later. I understand you think its a better way with you experiance, to go with the IAT's in the manifold. To an extent I agree, I even questioned it when I saw it that way myself. I am not pushing my car to its limit like some. We will push it to see what it can do on the dyno do but this is my daily driver. And we will back it down to be in a simple safe area. I will bump the boost with a smaller pulley for the track later this fall.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BadMonkey
They decided to go from there on my IAT's since I am only running 18* of timing and a 160 T Stat. During tuning they had no issues with this way as Ed explained to me and no KR, and it has yet to go over 210. If it hurts it or damages my bottom end so be it, I got another one in my garage. If someone wants it that way I am sure he will do it. Worked fine on my C5 with the procharger at 10-12 lbs with a stock bottom end, but then again the blower was before the IAT guage as well. He has had no issues with this method, so I am sticking to it for now. This is one of those debates that can go either way, its not my area or experiance so I will go with Ed I trust him on this. Honestly, I have no reason to change this for now, if there is an issue then I will try it the other way later on. Its not that hard to change later. I understand you think its a better way with you experiance, to go with the IAT's in the manifold. To an extent I agree, I even questioned it when I saw it that way myself. I am not pushing my car to its limit like some. We will push it to see what it can do on the dyno do but this is my daily driver. And we will back it down to be in a simple safe area. I will bump the boost with a smaller pulley for the track later this fall.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BadMonkey

I agree with Damon
Old 05-03-2007, 11:29 PM
TECH Addict

I REALLY wish I had the money to do that to my car. I would in a second as that's the best type of blower, at least it's the kind I personally like the best.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

very nice, I am looking at doing the same setup in my car. looks awesome.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:43 AM
On The Tree

damn nice !!
Old 05-11-2007, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

how much has it effected your mpg?
Stump pulling torque would be soooooo nice to have.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:46 PM
TECH Veteran

As long as I stay out of boost I should not loose too much MPG. In my C6 with the Magnacharger and Kook Headers I got 27 MPG in it on the highway. I figure with the cam heads and maggie I should be mid 20's. Right now my car is getting a 9" with 3.90 gears so I had to hold of on the driving till that is done. Plus I am going to be out of town all next week, by next week end it should all be done. Seats installed, rear, dyno springs etc.

Damon
Old 05-12-2007, 02:40 AM
10 Second Club

wow almsot make me want to seel my prochager!
Old 05-12-2007, 01:04 PM
TECH Junkie

When you try and find out why the cruise controll is not working I know mine was not working once after a clutch install because there is a little switch on top of the clutch pedal under the dash that lets the computer know when the clutch pedal is pressed and it turns off the cruise control you might want to take a look at that switch and see if it is releasing. Might be an easy fix there. Gook luck car looks sweet!
Old 05-12-2007, 04:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks I will look into it. Amoung a few other things as well.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:09 PM
FormerVendor

I'll check out that clutch switch for you, we should be driving the car again by midweek, I'll keep you poste.

Ed
Old 05-12-2007, 11:12 PM
TECH Regular

Ed u have a pm please respond,Thanks sorry for the hijack
Old 05-12-2007, 11:37 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by marine02ss
Ed u have a pm please respond,Thanks sorry for the hijack
Sent one back Rudy, thanks

Quick Reply: My Magnacharged SS almost done