Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Twin turbo trans am build

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007 | 12:37 PM
Banned

I suppose your right. It really wasn't over budget. The estimate kinda dissolves when so much stuff is changed and added on the fly. Anyhow, I can't wait till tuning is done. In the first 15 minutes on the dyno it picked 100hp from when I last drove it. It really moved then. Its going to be an animal now!
Old 08-30-2007 | 01:34 PM
TECH Regular

oh give me a break... who the **** are you kidding... nothing was changed on the fly except the plan to build log manifolds instead of equal length headers, which was SUPPOSED to SAVE money. Everything else was exactly as planned... all the parts, all the processes... o, and the k-member change

don't make excuses for the labor more than doubling what i was quoted to expect. And until this point, I havent' complained publically about the rediculous cost - enough is enough

edit: the rear end was the only other thing that was done on the fly... the reciept for my rear end said it was 33 spline axels and it was found that they're 30... but i was plannign on getting a whole new diff and gears anyhow, so i guess that's not really a change either.
Old 08-30-2007 | 01:53 PM
TECH Junkie

oh ****...
Old 08-30-2007 | 02:56 PM
Banned

eh, well if you can't please some one with that much work and parts for under 12k total then you my friend are very had to please. Just do me one favor and try to crack a smile when you roll down the road next to a Ferrari or something of the likes.
Old 08-30-2007 | 03:19 PM
On The Tree

For gettin reamed, you took that pretty well. Plus, if I'm not mistaken I saw you Silverado SS video and you looked and sounded bad *** to me. I did like your work on that. If you have time, check out the build I did.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/741491-03-silverado-ss-76mm-build.html
Old 08-30-2007 | 08:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SonofaBish
oh give me a break... who the **** are you kidding... nothing was changed on the fly except the plan to build log manifolds instead of equal length headers, which was SUPPOSED to SAVE money. Everything else was exactly as planned... all the parts, all the processes... o, and the k-member change

don't make excuses for the labor more than doubling what i was quoted to expect. And until this point, I havent' complained publically about the rediculous cost - enough is enough

edit: the rear end was the only other thing that was done on the fly... the reciept for my rear end said it was 33 spline axels and it was found that they're 30... but i was plannign on getting a whole new diff and gears anyhow, so i guess that's not really a change either.
Sorry to hear you are having problems with your builder?
Old 08-31-2007 | 09:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlackySS13
For gettin reamed, you took that pretty well. Plus, if I'm not mistaken I saw you Silverado SS video and you looked and sounded bad *** to me. I did like your work on that. If you have time, check out the build I did.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741491

I remember looking at that truck a while ago. I thought I posted in that thread. Anyhow, looks pretty nice. It brings back some memory's.

Sometimes when projects start to snow ball people understand its the nature of the custom fab beast, sometimes they don't. There is no reason for me to make condescending remarks. I just try to do the best job I can. I know we did a killer job and for the work he got, its the deal of the century. Your gonna have a hard time finding a place that when told funding is being cut still finishes the job.
Old 08-31-2007 | 09:06 AM
Teching In

Did you figure out the pressure drop problem? I'm looking into running dual weldons this time since they are self priming and can be mounted above the cell (aka stock tank) I'm thinking 2 walbros just weren't enough for that much fuel, they'd be fine if he had larger injectors but those things are just way too small. Time to step up to 2x what he has
Old 08-31-2007 | 09:53 AM
Banned

You could tell a considerable difference of the two -6 lines just by trying to blow threw them. That must be remedied before the pumps can be condemned.
Old 08-31-2007 | 10:04 AM
Teching In

So what's the plan from here then? Are we fixing it and going back?
Old 08-31-2007 | 10:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlueMeanieTSi
So what's the plan from here then? Are we fixing it and going back?

Thats what I'm hoping for.
Old 08-31-2007 | 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

bish

i sent you a pm on fueling

so you dont make the same mistakes i did.. fueling can be expensive do it right and once.

slap as much fueling to that sucker

and run its on boost pressure...
Old 08-31-2007 | 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by domination
You could tell a considerable difference of the two -6 lines just by trying to blow threw them. That must be remedied before the pumps can be condemned.

-6 as your feed!!!!!!!

oh my friend upgrade upgrade upgrade
Old 08-31-2007 | 11:35 AM
Banned

twin -6 that Y into -8. Coming from dual 255lph walboro in tank pumps. Its not sumped.
Old 08-31-2007 | 11:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SINISTER
-6 as your feed!!!!!!!

oh my friend upgrade upgrade upgrade
If we ran -6 as a feed we would not have a pressure drop problem, we'd run out of fuel trying to tune yes, but not a pressure drop.
Old 08-31-2007 | 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If we ran -6 as a feed we would not have a pressure drop problem, we'd run out of fuel trying to tune yes, but not a pressure drop.

one of the pumps are taking a dumb..im gonna guess

same this happend to me when i had the intank set up

was out runing like a raped ape..

then fuel drop and the one crapped out..

i went to a sumped and twin external..-8 all the up to the rails..

one pump constant one pump on hobs set to kick on at 6 psi.

some have had good luck with that twin set up and others havent..

sammy and i re did my about 4 differn times till finally went external.

all i see left and right is those pumps crapping out

add an inline pump just for *****..you can borrow one off my car there real easy to get to.

was the tank full??

do you know if those pumps have interal check valve?? that one may of gotten back flushed?

Last edited by SINISTER; 08-31-2007 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-31-2007 | 12:24 PM
Teching In

It isn't completely dead or we woudlnt have gotten 600whp, I haven't heard of anyone making 600whp on a single 255. If it is a pump it's dying not dead.

I'm switching to twin weldons next year with -8 all the way, not because of fuel issues but leak issues. We'll see what happens.
Old 08-31-2007 | 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

as far as the walbors not being enough i doubt that was the case..

mightymouse was running 900 hp on two walbors for a long time..
Old 08-31-2007 | 12:44 PM
Teching In

Here's the difference tho, we were trying to get around the fact his injectors were too small by raising pressure. I dont' think 2 walbros was supporting the flow we needed at the pressure we needed. Like i said, larger injectors would allow us to lower pressure but keep increased flow.
Old 08-31-2007 | 12:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here's the difference tho, we were trying to get around the fact his injectors were too small by raising pressure. I dont' think 2 walbros was supporting the flow we needed at the pressure we needed. Like i said, larger injectors would allow us to lower pressure but keep increased flow.
what size injectors is he useing??

i didnt read that part.. please tell me there at least 60lbs

pressure should be right about 60-62 with a 1.1 referance

Quick Reply: Twin turbo trans am build