Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My OFI kit Dyno results!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 08:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like it maxed out early and dropped off pretty significant by 6K. Any ideas on that?
Old 09-16-2007, 06:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Wow...very good results. What dyno are you using? Also would you mind if I used the pics of your car on my website?

Thanks Joel
Old 09-17-2007, 07:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It was a dynojet brought in by some place out of columbus OH.

As noted before the car was acting al ittle retarded on the dyno, and was breaking up a bit over 6K, it went lean (12.5) and started diving. It holds stead at 11.8ish on the street though.

It would have made like 720 and 750+ if it could have got enough load to hold 15 psi and if i would have richened it up on purpose for the dyno.

Joel, thats cool if u wanna use pics and #s etc... let me know if you need the orgional raws of any specific ones.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:56 AM
On The Tree

Awesome Car! I have been watching this thread for a while and Im a big fan of what youre doing with a near stock LS1. A good tune goes a long way. Thanks for proving that you dont need to spend thousands on forged internals, 6.0 iron blocks, and low cr pistons and heads to make 550+hp on a FI car. For tt427ls1, Its nice to see a sponsor pay attention to what people are doing with their product and supporting the industry. I love OFI kits and hopefully I will be a proud owner in the future.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Johawk
Awesome Car! I have been watching this thread for a while and Im a big fan of what youre doing with a near stock LS1. A good tune goes a long way. Thanks for proving that you dont need to spend thousands on forged internals, 6.0 iron blocks, and low cr pistons and heads to make 550+hp on a FI car. For tt427ls1, Its nice to see a sponsor pay attention to what people are doing with their product and supporting the industry. I love OFI kits and hopefully I will be a proud owner in the future.
Thanks for the props!

Yeah its not like this thing gets driven around on low boost and then turned up.... Its set on kill all the time, i pound the **** out of it every time the ket goes in the ignition and it doesnt do anything stupid. Maybe im just lucky? Not sure, i do know what im doing with the tune up on it... maybe that has alot to do with it... who knows.

The intercooler system works so well in this thing that it only rises 15* above ambient under a full 15 psi run on the dyno. And it stays at ambient or 10 * less with the methanol. I run 23* (could go more) total timing in boost regions and 30 degrees up to boost to help the turbo spool.

The engine acts the same w/o meth too on the same timing on 93 octane, its just a saftey net.

Its been my finding that a low CR is a crutch for inadequate intercooling and lessens the chance of knock due to not heating the charge as much during compression, but then you dont get the same kinda torque either you would with higher CR like mine.

I cant say anything bad about Joel at all!, hes helped me out with whatever i asked him to and its my fauly for being a little inpatient at first on the wait times... but in the end it payed off and ive got a 700 HP through a catback'ed daily driver that gets 23 mpg and is as docile as a cam only car and still has plenty of nuts under boost yet.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:57 AM
10 Second Club

Yep, Joel has been doing well by me so far too, should have my kit in a week or so if all goes accordingly . In fact, I'm sure I will get the kit before the S91 shows up and I ordered them at the same time...

Dan
Old 09-18-2007, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

Maybe you have a factory freak on your hands. 700hp is amazing for mostly stock internals, and like you said, the torque is definately there. I would be shooting for 600hp even, so I would probably be a little more conservative with the timing in boost. How many miles have you put on this set up... and you said it was on nitrous prior? did you rebuild the short block (pistons and hardware) before or after the nitrous? keep beating it and keep me posted. lol
Old 09-18-2007, 02:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very, Very impressive especially for a pretty much stock block
Old 09-18-2007, 02:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Johawk
Maybe you have a factory freak on your hands. 700hp is amazing for mostly stock internals, and like you said, the torque is definately there. I would be shooting for 600hp even, so I would probably be a little more conservative with the timing in boost. How many miles have you put on this set up... and you said it was on nitrous prior? did you rebuild the short block (pistons and hardware) before or after the nitrous? keep beating it and keep me posted. lol
Pretty much removed the direct port system and bolted the turbo on, the motor saw about 15 bottles worth of a 200 shot prior.

This thing is nothing exotic thats the cool part... And ive got about close to 2000 miles on it now with the kit. and about 1500 on it as a sprayed motor.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:30 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great numbers!! when are you hitting the track?
Old 09-18-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was gonna go tonight, but it ended up being 85 degrees today, not very condusive to FI horsepower. Ive got slicks and a 2 step so it should 60' now too!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:27 AM
On The Tree

Thats too bad. I want to see some time slips. Maybe next time. Do you, by any chance, know what issue of GM High Tech youre gonna be in yet? I dont subscribe anymore but I would like that issue.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I will post again in here when i know which month, Looks like within the next month or two.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sleeper is pretty much an understatement with this thing....

you and Sam with your street car bullshit, hahaha.

Quick Reply: My OFI kit Dyno results!