Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

402 twin turbo mistake ?HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007 | 11:40 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by highpockets
Tuned with HPtuners,multiple logs,does it every time.I only have one with wideband on it,learned you dont leave the sensor in the pipe,unused !
So what do the logs show? What happens in the logs at transition?

Post up your hpt file, and a log file. You can do that right here, you don't need a host or anything. Just reply to this thread, and right below the "submit reply" button is another box titled "Additional Options". There's a button in there called "Manage Attachments". Press that, and it will allow you to add files from your hard drive as attachments to your post. Then we can all take a look and see if there's anything obvious.

Personally, I think it's in the tune, because of your description of how it blubbers/pukes as soon as you see some boost, and also your description of the piston tops.

Oh, and get a new sensor.
Old 08-22-2007 | 11:28 PM
On The Tree

I will post the log in the morn,its on my laptop.I am making progress,reduced the PE tables slightly and it will go to almost 5K now,about 5psi boost.I am thinking perhaps my PE tables are too agressive,flooding/too rich and its choking the engine,could explain why it runs so cool maybe ? 199 on a 100 deg day in the middle of the afternoon in the desert ? Oh,I see you are in St pete,is that goofy Tiger house still there ?
Old 08-23-2007 | 01:05 AM
Staging Lane

I vote for either your tune is way off, or your MAP sensor is crapping out on you. It should be sticking out like a sore thumb on your logs.

You do have a 2bar sensor right?

I have a friend that spent weeks fine tuning his timing and PE tables to help combat turbo lag. His car will now insta-boost with an STS setup.
Old 08-25-2007 | 11:40 AM
On The Tree

Default Updated !!

Got boost now !!! Kept coming back to the whooshing noise I was hearing,people said boost leak/BOV open.Dropped the center section on the exhaust,cats were a melted blob !!! took care of that little issue,reinstalled,went for a ride,OOOOHHH BOYYYYYY 17.5 psi at 80mph,sideways ! Note to self,when retesting,hook the wastegates back up ! All is well,I am a happy camper,thanks guys !
Old 08-25-2007 | 08:39 PM
TECH Junkie

sweet! NOthing like hitting boost and going sideways!!
Old 08-26-2007 | 12:18 AM
10 Second Club

Glad to hear you got it worked out, congrats!

Dan

Quick Reply: 402 twin turbo mistake ?HELP!!!!