Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Just about to turn the key on F1A LSX 427

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 04:55 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As has been mentioned, keep an eye on the inlet air temps. The twin intercoolers are going to get hot! Bob
Old 01-08-2008, 05:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds great to say the least! By the way that is one nice looking hood on there.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Updates?
Old 01-26-2008, 04:20 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Question

Originally Posted by BlkHwk
Updates?
Yes, any updates? Bob
Old 01-26-2008, 08:40 AM
Banned

must be a flop! prob not making the power it should or it is a cobbled mess and not running right! that is why we have not heard a thing in 3 months!just my guess!
Old 01-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Banned

i have a brand new epp fmic for sale if interested
Old 01-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Teching In

It is running but has not dyno tuned yet. That will happen after the dual disk and t56.com tranny(on order, 2-4 weeks wait) is installed. I don't want to chance hurting the clutch and tranny that is currently in the car. As you all know, you get more for used parts as opposed to broken ones.

On another note. The MT 3744R 315-35R-17 that have been one sale since ~Oct haven't been made much less ODOT approved yet. In mid-Jan when I checked I was told sometime in April now. I guess I'll just have to keep opening the boxes my ZR1s came in if I want to see them for a while. The car might get dyno tuned on the current z06/MT 275-40R-17 setup but it is looking like springtime before anything else.

Thanks for the interest. I'll update when I have anything else.
Don't lose your optimism platinum1. I'd also leave the guessing to the professionals.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Instigator
It is running but has not dyno tuned yet. That will happen after the dual disk and t56.com tranny(on order, 2-4 weeks wait) is installed. I don't want to chance hurting the clutch and tranny that is currently in the car. As you all know, you get more for used parts as opposed to broken ones.

On another note. The MT 3744R 315-35R-17 that have been one sale since ~Oct haven't been made much less ODOT approved yet. In mid-Jan when I checked I was told sometime in April now. I guess I'll just have to keep opening the boxes my ZR1s came in if I want to see them for a while. The car might get dyno tuned on the current z06/MT 275-40R-17 setup but it is looking like springtime before anything else.

Thanks for the interest. I'll update when I have anything else.
Don't lose your optimism platinum1. I'd also leave the guessing to the professionals.
GLAD TO HEAR BRO.I JUST POSTED THIS SO YU WOULD FINALY POST A UPDATE.I KNOW IT WILL MAKE GREAT POWER.WE ARE ALL PROCHARGER BROTHER ON HERE.I AM CURRENTLY PUTTING A F-2 HEADUNIT IN MY CAMARO WITH A 250 SHOT USING THE CORVETTE C-5 BRACKETS AND COG SETUP!
Old 01-27-2008, 09:27 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the update. I was just curious if you had gotten to any tuning yet and what your IAT's were like with the twins and F1. I had to get some WOT data logs on mine and after 2 hard back to back runs on a local rural highway my IAT's got up to 130 deg., but that was with D1SC and a little over 8psi. I was shifting a little under 7K so that should put my impeller speeds @ around 57k. I plan to crank it up to max and add meth when the weather warms back up. I think (or hope) the meth will keep my IAT's to a tolerable level.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:57 AM
Teching In

Default Six Speeds Inc anyone?

Originally Posted by platinum1
must be a flop! prob not making the power it should or it is a cobbled mess and not running right! that is why we have not heard a thing in 3 months!just my guess!
Not exactly. I don't know about anyone else's dealings with Six Speeds Inc. but they have been nothing short of a major dissapointment. My tranny was ordered ~ mid January of this year. Initial charge was on the 25th of January and the balance was charged on the 28th of January. Cool, right?
I should have had it the beginning of February at the latest. Wrong. It wasn't shipped until mid March even though it was paid for in full in January. There were weather delays, trouble with tracking, and then it was lost by the shipper. No big deal. These things happen I suppose. I even burned some vacation time in anticipation of seeing the tranny and clutch installed and dyno tuning the car.
So, Six Speeds said they would build another one ASAP and get it out with a different shipper. The new tranny shipped on the 7th of April. April 18th came and went and still no tranny. Two weeks to ship a tranny from Houston to Cincinnati? Next Friday it will have been exactly 3 months since the initial charge.

This is ridiculous and suprising for a major sponsor of many online communities. This may get moved to the Negative Trader Feedback forum or I may copy this over there if this situation isn't resolved right now.

Last edited by Instigator; 04-20-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:39 AM
TECH Junkie

that sucks big time! Definetly negative feedback material. They need to find a real shipper.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Teching In

Updates....for any that are watching. I know it has been a while.

Dual disc in with stock bellhousing.

Now...the fun part.

Believe it or not the high HP modified tranny is the one on the left.
The one on the right in plastic is a brand new stock T56 unit.
Notice the machining of the splines on the input shafts. The modified tranny's splines are nearly 1/4 inch shorter which explains why the dual disc would not disengage even with new adjustable master and slave cylinders. The fix? A McLeod bellhousing part # 8710-00 that moves the tranny back far enough. The tranny seems to be operating fine at this time and I love the new Hurst shifter PN 391-5060.

There were some issues with the injector driver and the injectors themselves. The driver was sent back and the replacement was a redesigned unit. The injectors were replaced with the F.A.S.T. 160lb./hr PN 3016008.

Airflow was suspect so some custom piping was fabbed. The top piece should eliminate any possible air turbulance that might have been present from using Procharger's air box and also eliminated 4 silicon couplers.

The bottom was also redone which provided a better place to mount the surge valve and eliminated 6 silicon couplers. New pic added.

The car has been to the dyno twice. 745HP and 800HP pulls. Broke the blower belt both times and didn't even come close to max boost levels. The blower is flexing under boost and the belt is walking off of the pulley. The fix?
Replace the aluminum Procharger bracket with a steel replacement from True Tech. I've been told I'll have it in ~ 2 weeks.

On the upside:

Air inlet temps are good with the help of a couple of nine inch fans on the intercoolers. Engine temps are great with the help of Bee Cool and Meziere.

Oil pressure is up there which was no real suprise with the primary oiling of the LSx block.

Other parts/items that had no issues:

Cadillac CTSv oil pan PN 12577901, Cadillac CTSv dipstick PN 12584737,
Cadillac CTSv tube PN 12584738, Trick Flow GenX 235cc/70cc 13.5° Heads PN TFS-3060T001-C03, Comp Cams stainless 1.75 roller rockers w/5/16 guideplates PN 13755-KIT, Vapor recovery system.

Hoosier Street Radials 335-35R-17 went on the rear. They fit with some modifications. A little persuasion in the obvious locations was required of course. The bump stops were relocated and I used Eastwood's fender-lip roller to prevent any cutting of the tires if/when the car bottoms out. I highly recommend that tool.

I'm sure I forgot something so I'll update more later.

Last edited by Instigator; 08-19-2008 at 11:09 AM. Reason: added pic
Old 08-04-2008, 12:09 PM
10 Second Club

It's nice to see there is another big cube blower car running around Cincinnati.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I couldnt get the mt dr's either and decided to go with the hoosier dr's. Where did you relocate your bumpstops too. I got the 315 hoosiers and they fit good. Dothe 335's stick out of the fender at all?

Quick Reply: Just about to turn the key on F1A LSX 427