Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Just about to turn the key on F1A LSX 427

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 07:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just about to turn the key on F1A LSX 427

LSX 427 & F1A about to come to life. Injector driver, Snow Perf Meth kit, vapor recovery system, too much to list, etc. completed & in. Waiting on fuel line fittings to feed the A2000. Enjoy...

Last edited by Instigator; 08-04-2008 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:02 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks great! It looks like you're going to run the F1A with twin intercoolers. I see you have the snow performance methanol kit, just watch your inlet air temps. Bob
Old 10-21-2007, 08:30 AM
9 Second Club

Nice project.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
It looks great! It looks like you're going to run the F1A with twin intercoolers. I see you have the snow performance methanol kit, just watch your inlet air temps. Bob
Thanks. I will.

Originally Posted by Tiago
Nice project.
Thanks.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:54 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sould be a monster lets see the results!
Old 10-21-2007, 10:31 AM
10 Second Club

Surprised your using twin intercoolers and a FAST intake? Looks amazing though, post up the results when you get them!
Old 10-21-2007, 12:30 PM
TECH Regular

Very cool. I am curious to see what your IAT's are like. I have a 427 with D1SC nearly maxed out and ATI twin intercoolers. I am still in the tuning stage and have only been gettin in the boost in short spurts, but my IAT's are good so far.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Holy cow man, I was about to post up a thread asking about a setup like this.. I'm very curious how it will perform.. What size injectors are you using?? The only difference with the one I'm gonna build is that I'm gonna run a FMIC, ETP 6 bolt heads, and a GMPP intake with intake elbow... I'm wanting something that is very streetable but makes good power on pump gas... I'm not looking to break any records (right now) just want a good reliable setup and it looks like this setup will be a good go by for me...Let us know how it runs...

BTW keep an eye on that FAST Intake... I hear they are notorious for having problem with sealing under boost... Other than that it looks like a solid setup... Good job sir...
Old 10-21-2007, 02:36 PM
Banned

Default nice

This is the car featured in a GM High Tech Performance mag a while back right? Love the car and now love the new setup minus the FAST and twin intercoolers, but it's the owner's choice. Awesome car man.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

very nice set up. i dont know a lot about blowers, but i would've thought someone to run that kinda cube would run an F2 or something. looks clean
Old 10-21-2007, 06:13 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

Old 10-22-2007, 06:22 AM
Teching In

I'll post all of the results when I have them. I'm anxious as well. I'm not too concerned with the FAST and LQ9s. It should breath well enough and be stout enough for the street/strip. The CAM card is in the car with all of the other documentation so I'll get the specs later. The F1A will probably not be running at max. Simple pulley changes as you all know but, if anything catastrophic ever happens then the LSX has more cubes to grow and then a pulley change on the F1A to match will be a simple task. Just planning ahead is all. Thanks for the comments, it has been a project for sure.

And, yes this was the car in HPP in May '05. I didn't own the car then, only since Feb '06. To see all I have done or have had done click on the Mecham/Custom Paint in my sig.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:01 AM
11 Second Club

WOW Man that is sick setup post the result ASAP.
I think you need A Bigger intercooler with that setup

EPP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Oh and the car look awesome.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:10 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looks like a sweet build just confuses me. twin intercoolers would seem like a restriction. and all that sweet high dollar stuff u have on that motor and u used a patriot head? would have expected to see an etp or afr head. still very curious to see how the monster runs
Old 10-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
looks like a sweet build just confuses me. twin intercoolers would seem like a restriction. and all that sweet high dollar stuff u have on that motor and u used a patriot head? would have expected to see an etp or afr head. still very curious to see how the monster runs

We'll see about restriction on a boosted setup, but I doubt it will be much.
The intercoolers in this kit are larger than the usual F-Body kit twin setup, or so I have been told.

As far as the heads...
It was either going to be TFS or Patriots. Desktop dyno flow numbers were close enough to go with the Patriots for half the cost. Plus they already had everything needed for a 600+ lift cam. But, this is all still speculation at this point isn't it? If I hit the numbers I want what difference does it make?
Old 10-22-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Instigator
The intercoolers in this kit are larger than the usual F-Body kit twin setup, or so I have been told.

As far as the heads...
It was either going to be TFS or Patriots. Desktop dyno flow numbers were close enough to go with the Patriots for half the cost. Plus they already had everything needed for a 600+ lift cam. But, this is all still speculation at this point isn't it? If I hit the numbers I want what difference does it make?
Nice setup man, looks killer, and I agree if you arent going for an all out max effort build and can hit the numbers you want then why pay all the money for a premium head?
Old 10-22-2007, 04:16 PM
TECH Addict

Looks good, interesting to see what she'll put down. Heads aren't as important with FI unless going all out extreme. My 408 being built right now is getting some ported stock 317's on it. Let us now how it go's
Old 10-23-2007, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

good luck with the #'s tht you want, I also do not like the thought of twin intercoolers on that setup expecially since you can do a FMIC for under 400 if you do everything yourself
Old 10-25-2007, 08:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Should have went with the tfs heads since they have a thicker deck. How much boost do you plan on running?
Old 10-25-2007, 09:18 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Instigator

As far as the heads...

flow numbers are really only part of the equation and not incredibly important on a boosted application as compared to a n/a. one. i was more or less reffering to the thicker head deck which would aide u as im sure u will be running a good chunk of boost with an f-1 and overall just a superior design. like i said im sure its going to make killer power though and im curious to see it.

Quick Reply: Just about to turn the key on F1A LSX 427