Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Any good single/twin corvette turbos?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 11:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any good single/twin corvette turbos?

I got a C5 corvette and really haven't seen many turbo kits out there and i wonder why. The most known turbo for the corvette is prolly a LPE but their kits run from 30-50k which is a little to expensive i think even tho the results are amazing i don't got the type of cash to blow 50k for a TT corvette when the corvette costs 50k brand new . Any of you guys know some sites or some shops that got some good turbo kits for C5s around 5-10k. I wonder why all the ricers seem to be able to get any turbo to work for them so easily but us american muscle guys have a hard time.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Any good single/twin corvette turbos?

customer service sucks (thell screw you any chance they can)
but you might try turbotech, very affordable
www.turbotechnologyinc.com

they have a well devoloped twin kit for the C5
Old 06-16-2003, 11:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey smokin, when you upgrade from the t60 turbo to the t76, do you have to change the flange on the turbo header? My friend told me it's a different type of flange from the compressor to the header.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

when i got my used turbo kit, it already came with the T-76, i personally never had the T-60

I do beleive if you use Turbonetics turbo, you can interchange them. You could call turbonectic for verification.

There is a rumor that the turbotech's T-76 is actually a T76/60 hybrid with the T-60 exhaust housing, this is not verified. I called turbotech once and asked them this, but they told me its a true T76, although im not sure id believe every thing they tell me. If i did id have the $50 they owe me.
Old 06-16-2003, 01:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

try the halltech twin turbo kit...now that would be sick... http://www.corvettec5.com/Twinturbo.cfm that would be my dream kit if i had a c5 and was going the turbo route
Old 06-16-2003, 03:40 PM
Teching In

Turbo tech doesn't have a price listed anywhere on the site for a C5 twin turbo set up. The only C5 twin turbo thing on the site is a bunch of pics that says its still being made.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:43 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

I followed a website address of a sweet *** 454SS pickup someone posted on the boards one day. Induction Concepts They're in the process of building twin turbo setups for C5s and Fbodys. From what I saw and read on their site they seem to be pretty high quality kits and I can't wait for them to come out. They don't give many specifics on the LS1/LS6 kits but they do for the Mustang 4.6 kits. Check out the site, I've never seen or heard of their site until a few days ago. Of course we all know the difference between "in development" and on the market, guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Rob
Old 06-19-2003, 10:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe Cerra racing makes an affordable single turbo kit.

Well I guess if anything for a Corvette is affordable. Just the name marks up price two fold! LOL

Quick Reply: Any good single/twin corvette turbos?