Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

TT GTO Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 07:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks very nice bro, way to do it right and save up and not do it right away instead of half assed. Keep it up looks
Old 01-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mick your crazy dog, just wanted to say hey i havent talked to you in a while.

Ryan
Old 01-29-2008, 12:58 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Josh @ KYTP
Nice looking build. I like the DP idea. Make's good use of the available space. Good thinking.
If you look at an engine bay with no accessories and only a motor for 3 hours eating pizza your bound to come up with a creative way to make sure you dont have to sell the turbos you bought because they are too big. We just looked at the engine bay for hours trying to design this setup, and it came out great! My hat goes off to my boys at Transmission Physicians.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TrakDay
If you look at an engine bay with no accessories and only a motor for 3 hours eating pizza your bound to come up with a creative way to make sure you dont have to sell the turbos you bought because they are too big. We just looked at the engine bay for hours trying to design this setup, and it came out great! My hat goes off to my boys at Transmission Physicians.
yeah so much more well thought out vs joel's ofi GTO pos kit
Old 01-30-2008, 02:29 PM
9 Second Club

Just got an update from Fernando!!!

Downpipes are done. Wastegates are in place. All exhaust work is complete.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

That looks really sharp, really nice car!
Old 01-30-2008, 06:55 PM
TECH Resident

Very cool build.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:11 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwnTrboCE
Very cool build.
That means a lot coming from the Ohio Boys! I'm just trying to get within a second of you guys!

When will I be lifting my heads and pushing water on my setup?

I have the upgraded L19 studs on ET240cc heads on my 408 iron block. I went with a little higher compression, 9:1... Im hoping she can hold enough to get me 8s without any issues regarding lifting the heads. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 01-30-2008, 08:01 PM
TECH Resident

Are you just running MLS gaskets? Any o-rings?

Looking at your radiator...where do you plan on returning the steam ports from the heads? I would advise getting another crossover tube for the rear ports or running the LS1 "I" shaped tube. If it will fit under that intake. If you make an expansion tank like the one on my TA. You don't have to worry bout pushing the water out. It just pushes the steam.

I don't think you'll have any trouble running in the high 8's without pushing... Tune will have a lot to do with that though. But if your going to want to stay within a second of us your going to have to lean on it a little harder.

Hope to see it in person the week we'll be in FL in October.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh quit hagging from the Ohio boys *****! Truck manifolds suck and so do they.....

hahahahah j/k.

The build looks bad ***!
Old 01-30-2008, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looking at your radiator...where do you plan on returning the steam ports from the heads? I would advise getting another crossover tube for the rear ports or running the LS1 "I" shaped tube. If it will fit under that intake. If you make an expansion tank like the one on my TA. You don't have to worry bout pushing the water out. It just pushes the steam.
Any good pics of the expansion tank setup? does it have to be mounted higher than the engine? what size lines? etc.

Thanks
Old 01-30-2008, 08:59 PM
TECH Resident

I would say at least half of it has to be mounted higher than the steam ports on the heads. I have -4 lines coming off each steam port. A -10 coming off the bottom of it to fill into the radiator. And a -6 overflow coming off under the radiator cap. This is the best pic I have of it installed on the car.
Attached Thumbnails TT GTO Project-0615072017.jpg  
Old 01-30-2008, 10:02 PM
9 Second Club

I would say at least half of it has to be mounted higher than the steam ports on the heads. I have -4 lines coming off each steam port. A -10 coming off the bottom of it to fill into the radiator. And a -6 overflow coming off under the radiator cap. This is the best pic I have of it installed on the car.
Great... I may pm you when we get everything ready so we can go ahead and do this on mine as well!
Old 01-30-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

so you have 4 or 2 #4 lines running to the tank and then a -10 running from the tank to the radiator? So no lines run from the head crossover coolant lines directly to the radiator? Basically the expansion tank is a pass through.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ABeasst
so you have 4 or 2 #4 lines running to the tank and then a -10 running from the tank to the radiator? So no lines run from the head crossover coolant lines directly to the radiator? Basically the expansion tank is a pass through.
I have all 4 steam ports connected. They merge together and have 2 going into the top half of the tank. Yes, the -10 takes the water coming out of the head ports and returns it to the radiator. The tank is only filled half full when the motor is running. When the heads lift, the air comes out of the steam ports and into the top half of the tank. When the pressure builds the air is pushed out and into the overflow can.

TrakDay, no problem...
Old 04-17-2008, 11:09 AM
10 Second Club

Any times yet??
Old 04-18-2008, 12:11 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ArklaTexan
Any times yet??
Still working on it... We got the wrong fuel fittings 3 different times and just got a set of the wrong fitting to make our steam ports for the heads! The motor comes out next week to tap the oil pan and run the brake lines. After that we should be starting it within a week or 2. Then I will be out getting times. I'm hoping for 8.5s when its all done though!
Old 04-21-2008, 09:13 AM
Teching In

How much boost you planning to run ?
Old 04-21-2008, 12:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds good man. Keep us updated.

Kyle
Old 04-21-2008, 01:07 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by blazingfast
How much boost you planning to run ?
No particular number... Just whatever it takes to squeeze out the times I want the car to run! I tried to build a very efficient setup and take extra precautions wherever I could. I'm hoping the big heads and bigger cubed motor will allow for less boost psi paired with making big HP.

Quick Reply: TT GTO Project