Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

14.5:1 Compression single 106MM

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1INSANEGTO
Although we did have a vavle cover leak the other weekend Billy you find the fix for that?
Not yet but should be an easy fix...The bolt that goes through the VC is and 1/8 too long and is bottoming out before it graps the cover and pulls tight!

I've got too get up there tomorrow and take my carb off and re jet and change fliuds n such!
Old 01-16-2008, 01:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Pretty good stuff in this thread. What will "NEVER WORK" for some is because people don't want to think and research for themselves, just go by what others have said. I'm on the verge of deciding what fuel to run for '08, and IF I could make 1000-1100FWHP on a single set of 160s I might just try that to start with, so I dont have to worry about driving another set of injectors. I had to get rid of some weight this winter, and the intercooler and stuff was the only logically way to get it at this point!

The only thing that "bothers" me about going to methanol is that I only have 9.5:1 motor.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Frank02L
Pretty good stuff in this thread. What will "NEVER WORK" for some is because people don't want to think and research for themselves, just go by what others have said. I'm on the verge of deciding what fuel to run for '08, and IF I could make 1000-1100FWHP on a single set of 160s I might just try that to start with, so I dont have to worry about driving another set of injectors. I had to get rid of some weight this winter, and the intercooler and stuff was the only logically way to get it at this point!

The only thing that "bothers" me about going to methanol is that I only have 9.5:1 motor.
You'll still be fine with 9:5:1 if it is true...Alcohol is very forgivable on timing and Detonation and like a good Spark and will run when its way fat also...Just don't lean one out....
Old 01-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Launching!

who cares run more boost!!!
Old 01-16-2008, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 88GT&69ss
who cares run more boost!!!
If its fat lean it out with more boost
Old 01-16-2008, 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Since you said something about spark, should I run a hotter plug than I've been running? What about the gap?
Old 01-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Since you said something about spark, should I run a hotter plug than I've been running? What about the gap?
No, Maybe I should have said Stronger Spark, lol A cold plug is Fine and my gap so far is .030 and may have too go lower with more boost and power etc...

I run NGK but the Autolite has a cross over number for it and is about .50 cents more.. So NGK it is... Now all this I posted is for a Forced Induction....Running a warmer plug on an reg alky set up will still work fine...
Old 01-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Teching In

If its fat lean it out with more boost
Simple fix huh.....
Old 01-16-2008, 04:49 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MustangBilly
Too all my Brothers on here that I haven't met in person but will talk too you the same on here as in real life...You can run Alky on the Street and love it...

We ran a SBF down here with a Ron Toilet Injection and was vary street Friendly in a 13:1 motor and had a plate uder that but never needed it!

Befor you say about it burning 2x as much...Almost yes but not quite and averaged a little less than 116....Going too town and back was great...Long drives,no or had too have a follow vehicle with extra fuel carried...

This car ran great with it!

heres a pic of the Rons ....
You can find those set ups rather cheaply on ebay. That's what I was thinking about running when I was talking about it. Then I learned they don't work with boost.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
You can find those set ups rather cheaply on ebay. That's what I was thinking about running when I was talking about it. Then I learned they don't work with boost.
Yes you can sometimes..

No they don't but do great on the street and works good with a plate!

Now thwe one on my car is a Blow Thru Carb on alky from C&S and will work but cost about 7-800 more.....
Old 01-16-2008, 06:41 PM
TECH Resident

I'm still running colder plugs left over from my nitrous stuff. Gap is down to low 20's. when I get it down to the 13:1 static range I'm sure I will be able to open them up a little.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool. On C16 and Q16 I was running NGK BP7s at .028. I guess I can tighten them up if necessary.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:43 PM
Launching!

Cool. On C16 and Q16 I was running NGK BP7s at .028. I guess I can tighten them up if necessary.
so what are we waiting on frank? u have the pump now.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:35 PM
TECH Resident

Frank,

With a 9.5 static compression ratio you most likely won't have to reduce the plug gap at all. On Methanol you could most likely run as much boost as your turbo is capable of. The key to Methanol is it will reduce your intake temps approx 3 time lower than gasoline is capable of.

The biggest issue I had was supplying enough fuel to feed the horse power levels I'm shooting for in the future. With as rich as a 4.5:1 afr, mechanical fuel pumps are almost an absolute. Conventional regulators also have a hard time returning enough fuel at low rpm with EFI. In my case I run a 7 gpm Waterman mechanical pump with an additional poppet valve set 10 psig higher than my regulator to control fuel delivery. Traditional blown alcohol guys don't typically run regulators and use restrictors and bypasses to control fuel delivery.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:42 PM
Launching!

ya he bought an aeromotive belt drive, I cant remember the reg. part number but its a tall skinny one. Thanks for your help on things, we only have 1 efi (methanol) guy here local to talk to. and he stays busy.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:34 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

14.5:1 Compression single 106MM on alcohol. Views, thoughts, Ideas?

Before anyone says it can not be done I have a friend running 13.5:1 compression and running twin 76's with carb blow through alcohol setup. Power comes on so crazy its unreal.

My thoughts on this is instant spool.

Cheaper cost. No Intercooler needed, No water Pump needed, No Radaitor needed. Cheaper fuel cost: Alcohol is 4-4.50 gal vs 7.00 gal race fuel.

Ci would be stock bore but with a filled block. IE All water passages filled with block cement.
I would be interested in watching the dyno vid.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:42 AM
TECH Resident

ya he bought an aeromotive belt drive, I cant remember the reg. part number but its a tall skinny one. Thanks for your help on things, we only have 1 efi (methanol) guy here local to talk to. and he stays busy.
That would be the right arrangement with the belt driven pump. I ended up with a cam driven Waterman pump at 7 gpm at Dave Riolo's suggestion. Those blown alcohol guys are into over kill. I wanted a pump to support over 2000 hp whether I get there or not, so I ended up with a pump that would support over 3000. The Tall skinny Aeromotive is close to the Aeromative pro regulator that I'm using. If your using a 3.5 gpm pump, that regulator would most likely return enough fuel at idle. If you want any detailed info drop me a pm.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

We are trying to locate who was vid taping during the 3 pulls. I was busy watching the bowls and made sure they were staying full. Another one of our friends was watching the AF meter and Billy was doing the pedel and watching the boost gauge. TEAM WORK
Old 01-17-2008, 07:00 AM
Launching!

We are trying to locate who was vid taping during the 3 pulls. I was busy watching the bowls and made sure they were staying full. Another one of our friends was watching the AF meter and Billy was doing the pedel and watching the boost gauge. TEAM WORK
LOL yeah ...and i was just sitting back watching! That car is fun to watch! Spools super fast!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 88GT&69ss
LOL yeah ...and i was just sitting back watching! That car is fun to watch! Spools super fast!
Did you see the guy video taping by the doors over there by Jeff?

Quick Reply: 14.5:1 Compression single 106MM