Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Speed Inc. procharger F1A results 800rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008 | 01:17 PM
8 Second Club

Very nice work Frasier! Can I ask what the pulley combo was? I don't know what all talk about 19 psi is? That's damn good going through that huge intercooler!

Thats a super safe combo with that cam and compression-I can't wait to see how my 402 does with 10.1 cr and a cam with 14 to 18 degrees more duration!

Again, very nice work guys-as always!
Old 01-31-2008 | 02:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by eb02z06
Very nice work Frasier! Can I ask what the pulley combo was? I don't know what all talk about 19 psi is? That's damn good going through that huge intercooler!

Thats a super safe combo with that cam and compression-I can't wait to see how my 402 does with 10.1 cr and a cam with 14 to 18 degrees more duration!

Again, very nice work guys-as always!
thanks eh

Pulley combo, SDCE 7.250/3.70

heres a few pics of the induction

Old 01-31-2008 | 02:42 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

Nice numbers, is the car fairly quiet?
Old 01-31-2008 | 03:20 PM
Banned

i am currently in the process of putting a f2 with a cog setup and a 250 shot on my z.i will keep u posted
Old 01-31-2008 | 03:52 PM
Coal Mining Director

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Nice numbers, is the car fairly quiet?
With four mufflers, I'd say that's a safe bet.
Old 01-31-2008 | 04:46 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ABeasst
I'd love to see you put a F1A on your car @ #19, make over 900, and have it live ON THE STREET. Its not going to happen. He sacrificed a lot of power to make it run safely on the street.

Why wouldn't it live? I doubt I could run 19# on pump gas, but I also doubt I'd need 19# out of an F1A to make 900 RWHP.

My C.R. is very very similar as well. My car was also designed to run safely on the street, 93 octane and a safe tune. I'd like to hear how quiet this car is, any video? I had 3" exhaust on my car too at the time it was dyno'd, it was relatively quiet. I only had 2 mufflers though. Now I have a 4" exhaust with 1 magnaflow. I can honestly say I do not have my cam specs, but my car idles at 800 RPM very smoothly and makes good vacuum, so I doubt its too crazy.

Post some video of this thing, I bet that blower sounds just evil. I know my D1 sounds alot better after opening the intake up.
Old 01-31-2008 | 05:04 PM
Banned

it sounds like a table saw at idle if you really wanna know

think the vortech bypass valves contributes to that
Old 01-31-2008 | 05:30 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Well I thought they were great results my black car is running the same pulley combo now. Before it had a 4" blower pulley. It made 880rwhp for the previous owner said it was around18psi @7K. I'll have it on the dyno very soon to find out where I am at now since fixing a few things. I have a very simular intake setup on mine. Also I am running 93 no methanol injection currently. I have one on order though. Another great job by the Speed inc... guys.
Old 01-31-2008 | 05:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Question

Originally Posted by Fraser@SpeedInc
This car is M6

Bear in mind numbers are though a 3" corsa catback.
At that level approximately how much is to be had switching to a 3.5 inch exhaust from a 3.0?
Old 01-31-2008 | 06:13 PM
On The Tree

any chance at getting a video clip of that? dont think i have ever heard of a car making that much power and having it be that quite. kinda goes against what most people want?
Old 01-31-2008 | 06:36 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TS6

Again, not trying to say my car is better, or my builder is better, just curious is all.
We have-

370ci, 19psi boost, 801rwhp

You have-

408ci, most likely alot more cam-

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....5&postcount=43

14psi, 757rwhp

Dyno #'s from a 4l60 and locked converter are not substantially lower than an M6 car.

Comparatively speaking, everything seems copasetic to me.
Old 01-31-2008 | 06:48 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by INTMD8
We have-

370ci, 19psi boost, 801rwhp

You have-

408ci, most likely alot more cam-

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....5&postcount=43

14psi, 757rwhp

Dyno #'s from a 4l60 and locked converter are not substantially lower than an M6 car.

Comparatively speaking, everything seems copasetic to me.

I need to get my cam specs, it doesn't seem like alot of cam to me, but thats just speculation. I guess I'm just thinking that with an M6 and better air inlet (and subsequently higher boost I suppose) I'd be really close to 800.

Besides, if you listen to the "pros" here engine size doesn't matter.

That wasn't a jab at the Speed Inc guys, rather the guys who keep insisting that larger engines don't make any more power on a given blower vs. a smaller engine. I felt that needed clarification.

So do you guys think the LSx block was necessary at this power level, or was it just used to give additional durability should he up the power level?

Fraser, I never thought of the sound being like a table saw until you said that, and it does seem like it! But its a very angry, fast, limb removing table saw....
Old 01-31-2008 | 07:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TS6
So do you guys think the LSx block was necessary at this power level, or was it just used to give additional durability should he up the power level?
The customer had one shipped to us.

I didn't recommend an Eagle 3.622" crankshaft either, said a stock crank would be fine.

Thats his prerogative, and it obviously wouldn't negatively impact the build.
Old 01-31-2008 | 07:11 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TS6
I need to get my cam specs, it doesn't seem like alot of cam to me, but thats just speculation. I guess I'm just thinking that with an M6 and better air inlet (and subsequently higher boost I suppose) I'd be really close to 800.

Besides, if you listen to the "pros" here engine size doesn't matter.

That wasn't a jab at the Speed Inc guys, rather the guys who keep insisting that larger engines don't make any more power on a given blower vs. a smaller engine. I felt that needed clarification.

Fraser, I never thought of the sound being like a table saw until you said that, and it does seem like it! But its a very angry, fast, limb removing table saw....

Take 2 identical combinations except one is larger displacement. The larger displacement setup will make more power at the same boost level. (or require less boost to match the power of the smaller engine).

If you maxed out the compressor on both combinations you would likely hit a wall at a similar power level, as any given compressor can only move a certain amount of air, but the larger engine will still require less manifold pressure to get there.

The LSX block is not a requirement for this power level. Fraser knows the details but I believe the customer requested the use of the block so he would not be limited in the future.

We've built many cars that make over 1,100 rwhp with production iron blocks but above that level I think the LSX or Warhawk block with 6 bolts/cyl is the way to go.
Old 01-31-2008 | 07:13 PM
8 Second Club

I think this is a super safe build that can live forever, come on 8.8 CR, baby cam?
I don't know what the issue with 19psi is-that's just from the tiny cam.

Very nice work guys!

Old 01-31-2008 | 11:08 PM
9 Second Club
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by eb02z06
I think this is a super safe build that can live forever, come on 8.8 CR, baby cam?
I don't know what the issue with 19psi is-that's just from the tiny cam.

Very nice work guys!

+1

This combo probably provides a very tame idle and could tolerate pump gas at a little lower boost level and still make over 700 RWHP.

Good to see Prochargers aren't a problem for you guys.

Super clean install by the way. Seems everything coming out of your shop is top notch.

Nice job!
Old 01-31-2008 | 11:13 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

I think it's rather impressive. Especially for having 4 mufflers. I still don't understand why you'd spend the money on a LSx block, use 4 bolts heads, and only 370ci, but I guess that's what they wanted.
Old 02-01-2008 | 11:07 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

TS6 cubes make a difference. I made 754rwhp a few years ago with my old blower setup, 21.5 psi, TH400, 8:1 346ci, not locked, great flowing exhaust. If I had a 408ci I'd make the same power at like 15 psi.
Old 02-01-2008 | 11:39 AM
TS6
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by INTMD8
Take 2 identical combinations except one is larger displacement. The larger displacement setup will make more power at the same boost level. (or require less boost to match the power of the smaller engine).

If you maxed out the compressor on both combinations you would likely hit a wall at a similar power level, as any given compressor can only move a certain amount of air, but the larger engine will still require less manifold pressure to get there.

The LSX block is not a requirement for this power level. Fraser knows the details but I believe the customer requested the use of the block so he would not be limited in the future.

We've built many cars that make over 1,100 rwhp with production iron blocks but above that level I think the LSX or Warhawk block with 6 bolts/cyl is the way to go.

Jim, I'm going to put that quote in my sig! Bigger is always better, but there are still guys here who will argue that with me. If that wasn't the case we'd all be boosting Briggs and Stratton motors and making a zillion HP.

When you guys use a production iron block making big power what precautions do you take to hold the heads down? Are the LSx and Warhawk blocks fixing the head problem? I would have gone LSx but it wasn't available when we built mine and I have no patience.

Given your knowledge of these setups, what do you think I could expect with the minor upgrades I've done since my car laid down 757? I have put a new inlet on (4"), opened the exhaust a little, and thats it I think. I'll have it dyno'd again come spring, but I'm just curious.
Old 02-01-2008 | 12:49 PM
FormerVendor

We just use regular MLS gaskets and ARP head studs with the 1100+rwhp production iron blocks. Closing in on 1200rwhp they always start to push water so we just keep them backed off and don't run them with that much boost.

We just now recieved the LSX 427 that will be going into our shop car and while it's not running yet I fully expect to be able to run much more power with the standard MLS gaskets and 6bolts/cyl arrangement.

As far as your car, it's just a guess but you should be able to achieve your 800rwhp goal with the improvements you made.

Quick Reply: Speed Inc. procharger F1A results 800rwhp