Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Almost 700 rwhp with 10.5 psi APS TT kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 08:03 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Not going to turn the boost up just yet. Going to try and be consistent with the Pinks race coming up this Friday. They Ill turn it up a bit more. Wont even try 18 psi without the APS revised high boost ducts. Kit runs very well. I have zero leaks and drivablity is done. Only thing is my car runs a little on the hot side with the ac on. And we havent got to summer yet. But I allready have a good idea of how to tackle that when the time comes
Lets hear this good idea!~

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 03-02-2008, 08:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Not going to turn the boost up just yet. Going to try and be consistent with the Pinks race coming up this Friday. They Ill turn it up a bit more. Wont even try 18 psi without the APS revised high boost ducts. Kit runs very well. I have zero leaks and drivablity is done. Only thing is my car runs a little on the hot side with the ac on. And we havent got to summer yet. But I allready have a good idea of how to tackle that when the time comes
if my car runs hot with the AC I am going to be so pissed off
that is the reason that I pulled the PTS kit off to start with
I drove last night and noticed that it was about 10 degrees warmer than the PTS kit when going down the road
does it run hotter when you are moving or setting still
the PTS kit did fine when I was moving but it ran hot with the ac when it was sitting in traffic
Old 03-02-2008, 10:04 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I knew it was going to be a possible issue where they mounted the IC by the time the air gets to the Radiator its already hot. Found a fix on my cars and seems to work good right now. Glad your happy with every thing JM!
Old 03-02-2008, 10:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well guess have a few options..swap out radiator but not sure if aftermarket rads are thicker and if will still fit in there. Notice eldebrock makes a new higher flow waterpump.
Of course go to 160 stat and set fans to come on sooner. And not sure if there is room for any pusher fan or other fan in there. Guess have to see what is needed and be watching to see what you guys have to do if anything. My car is street car don't want no overheating problem. Last summer my 99 ta started overheating pretty bad it it turned out it was just a plastic bag that got sucked up between condenser and rad.

Oh that stuff redline water wetter can drop temps a bit also.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:18 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Yeah I knew it was going to be a possible issue where they mounted the IC by the time the air gets to the Radiator its already hot. Found a fix on my cars and seems to work good right now. Glad your happy with every thing JM!
what is the fix that you found

I was running cooler before my turbo exploded but I had water wetter in and it was about 20 to 30 degrees and last night was about 55 or 60
Old 03-02-2008, 10:48 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
Well guess have a few options..swap out radiator but not sure if aftermarket rads are thicker and if will still fit in there. Notice eldebrock makes a new higher flow waterpump.
Of course go to 160 stat and set fans to come on sooner. And not sure if there is room for any pusher fan or other fan in there. Guess have to see what is needed and be watching to see what you guys have to do if anything. My car is street car don't want no overheating problem. Last summer my 99 ta started overheating pretty bad it it turned out it was just a plastic bag that got sucked up between condenser and rad.

Oh that stuff redline water wetter can drop temps a bit also.
I am running a 160 T stat and I was running 194 to 198 at 70 MPH on the interstate
I turned the heat on wide open and it dropped down to 185 in about 5 miles
I will eventually put a 2 core radiator ane maybe a high flow waterpump
Old 03-02-2008, 11:40 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Superman09
Lets hear this good idea!~
Im probally going to put a LT1 rad with A4 connections for my tranny. Relocate my tranny cooler.

Originally Posted by Darren P
if my car runs hot with the AC I am going to be so pissed off
that is the reason that I pulled the PTS kit off to start with
I drove last night and noticed that it was about 10 degrees warmer than the PTS kit when going down the road
does it run hotter when you are moving or setting still
the PTS kit did fine when I was moving but it ran hot with the ac when it was sitting in traffic
Relax it has seen a MAX of 194 F with my electric water pump setup. Of course this is at a outside temp of only 85 to 90. You have to expect more heat with a 402 AND FAT *** INTERCOOLER in front of it.

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Its working well. I am getting a little tired of waiting for this high boost duct.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:38 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Darren P
what is the fix that you found

I was running cooler before my turbo exploded but I had water wetter in and it was about 20 to 30 degrees and last night was about 55 or 60
I'd have to post pictures, and that is asking alot of me right now cause of my work schedule which is everyday until we startup and hoping this week we will have oil in and start circulation (Refinery). If you see it you will see the idea behind it, but basicly it deflects the air off of the FMIC and away from the radiator and condenser.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:15 PM
11 Second Club

any new info? Now that its starting to get into the 80s here I assume its the same there how is the cooling?
Old 03-30-2008, 12:24 PM
9 Second Club

Car runs the same. A little hot with the AC on. A little hot to me is 205. 10.17 last time out. Ill get around to working on more boost very soon. Its raining here and it sucks! Ill take it out in April with more boost and meth. Should be fun As I said in another thread I am working on my house right now.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

WOW . . . .

I just spent the last few hours reading this thread from the start.

Nice numbers there mate.

Any updates? I see your sig says 9.9@140

cheers

Quick Reply: Almost 700 rwhp with 10.5 psi APS TT kit