Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My APS TT dyno results & info

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ws6calledSadie
keliente,

You say your running a stock 4l60e, as of right now my car is in the shop getting a

walbro twin fuel pump system,
the APS system
the vig 3600 triple lock up,
and the Level V 4l60e,

you said your going to run your stock tranny til next year (or til you need a new one im sure lol) once i get my car back ill give her a little street pounding and play around and if you want to know what i think of the tranny i would be more than happy to share it with you. wont be back til late may or early june cuz im still in Iraq. but i would like to talk to you one on one about your set up cuz other than the parts mentioned above im running all stock. Oh and not to forget... Wicked Clean ride keliente i envy you for now lol

Zac

Yeah I don't think it will last til next year either, lol. This week I am going to do more scanning and hopefully narrow down the 2-3 shift issue, whether it's the trans or the converter. If it's just the converter I'll send it in for restall and go on my merry way. If it does end up being the trans, I'll probably just enjoy the car as it is and pick up a trans in the fall. I plan on going with a Level 5, either RPM or FLT. Tough decision and I haven't made it yet!

Originally Posted by WARPNOVA
keliente, very nice and most impressive, I can only hope that I do so well. Did you happen to get anymore pictures of the UMI K-member and the fit with the turbos, ducts, and so on? How much did you need to reclock the compressor side and are the inlet ducts or discharge ducts being pinched.
The ones I posted are the best I have of the k member vs. turbo fit. My camera is kind of crappy in low light situations, so I took a lot of pics that aren't useable

The fit is good, though. I had to clock the driver's side turbo very minimally. None of the inlet or discharge ducts are being pinched. On the driver's side it is slightly tight and covers up access to one of the k-member bolts, but it's not really a big deal. I was very pleased with the quality of the UMI k member.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sux I would have liked to of seen more close up pic's of the whole install but I understand the camera thing. Wasn't until I bought the wife a new camera for her birthday did we finally get a good camera. And I defiantly believe I will be going with the UMI k-member now, as it just looks tougher and living here in pot hole paradise I known my suspension will be taking a beating, and I really don’t want to brake a k-member. Thanks for the reply and help, once again awesome job and I hope you continue to drive it like you stole it. Enjoy
Old 04-22-2008, 01:06 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Hugger Z
Looks nice keliente. The cars are definitely a LOT of fun with the turbo's. I always get a grin on my face hearing them spooling up. It's hard not to lean into it just to hear them. But by then I am usually WAY over the speed limit. I get there so much faster now! It's crazy.
tell me about its hard not too some times DR tires are not helping any more LOL
Old 04-22-2008, 01:09 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by COD02SS
Am i the only one disappointed with the numbers? It's not making anything down low. What kind of turbo's? GT35R's? Maybe i'm the only one who would like more low end torque. For a stock engine only running 8 psi.. I would have used GT28R's for a lot quicker spool
if my turbos spooled any faster it would just spin tires faster alillte lag helps unless you run just slicks
Old 04-22-2008, 01:56 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by tomz28
if my turbos spooled any faster it would just spin tires faster alillte lag helps unless you run just slicks
Very true.............you need big sticky tires if you run a lot of power below 3000 rpm.

Peter
Old 04-22-2008, 09:22 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WARPNOVA
That sux I would have liked to of seen more close up pic's of the whole install but I understand the camera thing. Wasn't until I bought the wife a new camera for her birthday did we finally get a good camera. And I defiantly believe I will be going with the UMI k-member now, as it just looks tougher and living here in pot hole paradise I known my suspension will be taking a beating, and I really don’t want to brake a k-member. Thanks for the reply and help, once again awesome job and I hope you continue to drive it like you stole it. Enjoy
Thanks for your reply! That's why I picked the UMI too. I wanted something beefy for a job so important.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:30 AM
Teching In

Very nice install!!! You said DR with stock suspension, what are your 60ft times? It looks like it is grabbing pretty good!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 09:00 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Hustler00
Very nice install!!! You said DR with stock suspension, what are your 60ft times? It looks like it is grabbing pretty good!!!
My 60's are in the low 1.60's. I'm still trying to learn how it likes to be launched best. The night I went to test and tune it was packed, so I didn't get a whole lot of practice. Currently I'm just leaving off idle.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:27 AM
TECH Addict

Nice write up. Sleeper for sure. Makes me want a kit like this
Old 04-29-2008, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

How hard was it to install the engine w/ turbos on it from underneath?

I was originally thinking that with the turbos mounted, you would not be able to install the engine from underneath.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:50 AM
Teching In

That is freakin awesome with stock parts!!!! I am jealous. It is amazing what some cars will do with hardly any work(other than your turbos) that others cant with alot of work.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:11 AM
Launching!

Good races there. Do you not have any 1/4 mile passes yet?

If you dont mind me asking, how much was your tune? Just want to compare to what I have been quoted locally. PM me if you do not wish to post here.

Thanks,

Fil131

Quick Reply: My APS TT dyno results & info