Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

QMP kit w/67mm,Mustang dyno=500rwhp.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 11:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PSJ, Im going back to the track on April 27th. Its a sunday and their having slicks only from 9-5. Im probably going to get kicked out again like last week for the whole no cage thing.

Rob, I was hoping you would chime in. Yes this is Mikes kit and its working great! My only issue with the kit is that the rear primary on the log has developed a crack. It was on the dyno and at the track with the crack and it did fine. Its just an annoying exhause leak. Im going to fix it this week. I was thinking of putting a 76mm on this setup.

Is there a 76mm that is the same physical size of my 67mm. Its already a close fit with the 67.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SPRAYED 01
Rob, I was hoping you would chime in. Yes this is Mikes kit and its working great! My only issue with the kit is that the rear primary on the log has developed a crack. It was on the dyno and at the track with the crack and it did fine. Its just an annoying exhause leak. Im going to fix it this week. I was thinking of putting a 76mm on this setup.

Is there a 76mm that is the same physical size of my 67mm. Its already a close fit with the 67.
Yea, the cracking was an issue early on with the original kits. Not re-directing the blame, but fact is, we ordered the manifolds in a much thicker grade stainless from the beginning. But the company we hired to produce the manifolds chose to use their more common, thinner stainless without asking us. Hence, the cracking.

So best bet is, when you remove it, take it to a good Tig welder and have him "beef up" all of the welds on it. Make sure he bolts it down and doesn't overheat it, so as to warp it.

Also, if it's cracked now, you're losing boost. So be aware that when you repair it, you'll need to adjust your boost accordingly.

Regarding a larger turbo, you can slip a T76 p-trim right into the .96 ar housing you have now. You can do that without even removing the kit. Did it many times.

Good luck at the track!

Quick Reply: QMP kit w/67mm,Mustang dyno=500rwhp.