Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

How many of your are running SD all the time?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008 | 12:13 AM
TECH Veteran
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Silver_TransAm
I had to go with a sd tune from Nelson Performance in San Antonio so my cam would idle smoother while in gear and with a/c on. I love the sd tune better than with the MAF, more power and more consistant. Drove it from texas to georgia and back with no problems what so ever, still using the IAT. I would recomend it for anybody with a good size cam on the street and of course it is a must for FI.
I'm surprised you made it from Texas to Georgia on one of Allen's tunes. Lets just say he puts a LOT of faith in knock sensors. I decided to tune for myself a few years ago BECAUSE of him. My first clue that I didn't want him tuning my motor was when he cut the wires to my electric fans, then asked if my truck normally ran with the temp gauge pegged. My second clue was when he cut the vac hose to the bypass on my whipple SC and asked why I only ran 4"s of boost. He is nothing more than a hack with ls1edit.
Old 06-13-2008 | 01:03 AM
Banned

I am gonna run the new shop car SD full time. I ditched the HPT for BS3. Figured what the hell. I am gonna keep this car. May as well do it right the first time. Now I need to actually finish it.
Old 06-13-2008 | 08:26 AM
9 Second Club

I am OLSD full time. Got 7500 miles on mine since March 1st which includes trips to the mountains in GA and ALA.
Old 06-13-2008 | 09:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mightyquickz28
Well, I've been battling a alleged lean o2 (drivers side only) for the past few days with my brand new setup. I have a custom turbo specific Bryan Herter PCM for less tune. I bought 2 new O2 sensors today and new plugs, gapped to .035 and installed them. Crap. Same 160 BLM on the drivers side. I think it's the hotside myself. I'd pulled all the plugs last night to look at the 'lean' condition affect on them. Imagine my surprise when these plugs with maybe 20 to 30 minutes of run time looked black, heavily sooted and wet. That's why I thought it might really be a bad O2. So, I used my LT1 edit and changed Bryans Turbo tune to SD and uploaded it. Now it runs so much better. It still seems to be fairly rich. I shut it off then tried to crank it but it was hesitant to start. Did you guys have to do any attendant changes to the overall tune other than just specify it's now to be SD? Also, I've read this thread and wondered, what all is involved in migrating to a 2 Bar or 3 bar?
Thanks!
LT1? cz28.com has a good thread about doing SD on a LT1...bit different than doing it on a LS1
Old 06-13-2008 | 11:10 AM
7 Second Club
20 Year Member

Changed the camaro to 2 bar back when the 2 bar OS for HPT came out. Also just converted the GTO over to 2 bar.