Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

NINETRES big D*ck turbo cam video

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 02:12 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DanZ28
What rings and what are the gaps? Have you busted open the filter yet? So the difference between a race and street motor is the bearing clearance regardless of the application, i.e NA, FI, nitrous?

My problem is i would get locked up if I drove it on the street, so the dyno is an only option for me .
I drive my car on the street almost everyday. I leave the cut-out open 90% of the time (mostly because it rattles when its closed a bit).

The rings are the weisco rings that came with the pistons. Elky might remember the gap. I have not taken the filer off yet.......but you don't even want to know what Rick @ Synergy said when I told him about the "break-in" debate in this thread.......lol
Old 04-25-2008, 02:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rick is gonna be floging mine right after the first start up, so i hope it didn't contradict that . I'm taking my cue from the folks next door to Rick that built my motor.

I was just curious to see what your gaps were compared to mine. I also consider a 900 hp motor a race motor so not sure where the distinction gets seperated between race and street and why you set clearances up accordingly. I understand the FI apps usually get more clearance than NA, so I thought that was a given on an FI motor regardless of street or race. Just trying to learn here is all. Is the clearance difference pretty much for break in then?
Old 04-25-2008, 09:40 AM
9 Second Club

Rick is gonna be floging mine right after the first start up, so i hope it didn't contradict that . I'm taking my cue from the folks next door to Rick that built my motor.
He didn't say it was a bad thing......if that's what you were worried about. He just said there are more than one ways to skin a cat.......in some other, hilarious words. Back before I had my motor built he said some great things about the shop next to him
Old 04-25-2008, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

weaksauce...
Old 04-25-2008, 11:22 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ninetres
He didn't say it was a bad thing......if that's what you were worried about. He just said there are more than one ways to skin a cat.......in some other, hilarious words. Back before I had my motor built he said some great things about the shop next to him
No, im not worried about anything, lol. Like I said, the folks next door been doing this for a few decades so they know whats up and they have more than one way to do a break in too, just depends on what it is.

Anyway, nice car and congrats on getting it going again and done right this time around, time to enjoy now .
Old 04-25-2008, 12:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryan K
The absolute best way to break in a motor is full boost to 6000 rpm. Period. The only componet in a modern engine that gets "broke" in is the rings and they will only seal under full load...

All the shops I know will break in a motor by building it then strapping it down to the dyno and going for it.

Ryan K.
thats what I did with my motor and she runs better than ever!! Just change the oil after the first couple hundred miles and then again after 1500 miles and once again after 3000.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:37 AM
Launching!

Top ring was .022 second ring was .026.

Some extra clearence in the second ring so if it does get past the first ring it wont hit the second ring and turn back around and blow the top of the piston off.You would rather have it push past the oil ring a bit rather then truning back around and lifting the piston.And yes i know the crew next door to rick bad *** ****.I sometimes race with them at sac.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks for the spec's Elky, now i need to find mine but those gaps look familiar. You going to Sac tonight?
Old 04-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Launching!

Well, when it comes to a pissing contest everyone wants to get their dicks out!!!
Sean, car sound pretty frackin sick. Bet you can't wait to see 17#'s or so!!! She should be a handful of nastyness!! BTW fired up the 408 last night, she's a fat pig right now gotta go get a base tune for the beatch.
Jay
ps howdy Mr. Pesident!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:02 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by nz12's
Well, when it comes to a pissing contest everyone wants to get their dicks out!!!
Sean, car sound pretty frackin sick. Bet you can't wait to see 17#'s or so!!! She should be a handful of nastyness!! BTW fired up the 408 last night, she's a fat pig right now gotta go get a base tune for the beatch.
Jay
ps howdy Mr. Pesident!
NICE! Hows she sound? Nasty I bet.

I am only gonna run 10, MAYBE 14psi. I'm tired of lifting heads. Car is going back in the shop tomorrow for the ST80, and meth kit. Then in a couple weeks its off to synergy to get the full tune!!!! Do I need to set you up with my tuner?
Old 04-29-2008, 02:53 PM
10 Second Club

ninetres, what psi did you lift heads at before?
Old 04-29-2008, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

interesting thread.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:40 PM
9 Second Club

ninetres, what psi did you lift heads at before?
14....but they were patriot heads, and I was making a butt load of power on good ol 91 pump.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:05 PM
Launching!

sweet im glad you got her running now get the numbers and times so i know what to expect....that way i can get my **** together and quit procrastinating....also im about a 30 minute drive from synergy so come by and ill buy you a beer,and then we can put mine together....lol
Old 04-30-2008, 01:46 AM
Launching!

yeah, going on vaca for about two weeks. My son is going to do the breakin while I'm gone. Yes, she is going to be a beast, Shay put a good combo together and it rev's like a raped ape!! 7 grand, five hundred + n/a. Should be fun!!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:31 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by tha joker
sweet im glad you got her running now get the numbers and times so i know what to expect....that way i can get my **** together and quit procrastinating....also im about a 30 minute drive from synergy so come by and ill buy you a beer,and then we can put mine together....lol
I might make like a 3 day vacation out of it. I want the drivability tune to be nails. If I stick around for more than a day, We'll have to meet up so I can show you how a REAL boosted car runs
Old 04-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ninetres
I might make like a 3 day vacation out of it. I want the drivability tune to be nails. If I stick around for more than a day, We'll have to meet up so I can show you how a REAL boosted car runs
yeah and ill have my own boosted beast soon enough..i cant wait to get back to the track again,and just let me know when your in town...

Quick Reply: NINETRES big D*ck turbo cam video