Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

3.4 Whipple Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 02:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the delayed reply, I'm working out of state now and am just getting setup in the temporary apartment.

Car gets great gas mileage on the highway, upwards of 22 on long trips. After my first week of work down here I took the Amtrak up to Wilmington to pick the car up. With only 400 miles on the odometer since the new build I drove it 250 miles down to Richmond Virginia and it rode great.

Heat soak isn't an issue with this blower. I have an upgraded heat exchanger and the blower is actually underspun since it's got a larger than stock upper pulley for pump gas. It's a very efficient setup and makes great power. Once I get some free time I'll strap it down to the local Dynojet with the tune turned up for pump. As is it already made 634/607 on pump and that was with timing pulled and cutting off at 5900.

Thanks bad94sup, glad your 'vette is nice and lowered now, hope that Vararam made a difference.

Toxic, I'd throw another 4.6 DOHC Eaton setup in the '70 except they don't fit with the shock towers. Now an LS1 fits with ease....

I'll get some ET/MPH numbers as soon as I have a free minute. Unfortunately the car will not pass tech. No bar, no cage, no plans on getting either. I won't be going for my license this year, far too busy. And there will never be a 'chute on the car.

On pump gas I won't need most of that, but towards the end of the summer when I get the car back up north, I will be putting the larger crank pulley on it and turning it up to 30psi possibly a 50 shot to keep it cool.

Quick Reply: 3.4 Whipple Build