Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

dual inline pumps?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default dual inline pumps?

im planning on running dual inline 255lph pumps on my LSx fox body, i was gonna run one pump to each speed inc rail, and out the other side of the rail to a 13101 reg and back to the tank...will i have any issues with this?

at this point one pump would probably be enough, but i only wanna do the fuel system once

also can you use these rails with a truck intake?....i dont see why you couldnt, just make your own hold downs, but figured id ask
Old 10-24-2008, 11:13 AM
FormerVendor

Run the pumps together for a single feed line. Too much variation in pumps to get the same volume to each rail. The rails can work with some modding of mounting.

Nate
Old 02-18-2009, 06:25 PM
12 Second Truck Club

if you have a inline pump that flows say enough for 1000hp would you need a better intank pump? or would it get to a point where it would just suck fuel through the intank pump?
Old 02-18-2009, 07:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should never try to run a big inline pump in series with an intank setup.

Either run a good intank setup or an inline, never both.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Lonnies Performance
You should never try to run a big inline pump in series with an intank setup.

Either run a good intank setup or an inline, never both.

Ive heard of guys running a walbro 255 intank and then a bosch 044 inline is that not a good thing to do?
Old 02-23-2009, 08:33 PM
12 Second Truck Club

thats what i've read all over the place. every body that sells these say its output rises with the help of like a walbro intank pump. http://www.jayracing.com/index.php?main_page=faq second ask question.

Last edited by 4.8T; 02-23-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:21 PM
11 Second Club

When i used to drag race Honda's there were a couple guys using an inline with an intake too. Can anyone say for sure whether it is a good idea or not?
Old 02-23-2009, 10:13 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everyone has an opinion.

2 different pumps have different operating curves & will not always properly work together. Personally I would never feed a big pump with a small pump.

As an engineer I gave you my opinion, I would not do this on a customer vehicle or my own.
Not saying that you shouldn't, just that I wouldn't.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dark_dementshun
When i used to drag race Honda's there were a couple guys using an inline with an intake too. Can anyone say for sure whether it is a good idea or not?
As a aftermarket fuel pump sales / tech guy, I vote bad idea. Not to say that it hasn't been done that way for years, but its still wrong. Think of it this way -- if either pump fails, you can not push or pull (draw) fuel through the failed unit. If it is "inline", there will be no fuel moving in the system.

There are true "boost pumps" available that are used in aircraft applications, where fuel can actual flow through with no restriction, but when you hear the cost you'll probably change your mind rather quickly.

Good Luck in your plumbing..............
Old 02-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Staging Lane

Ooops, I should have clarified my post. If you are utilizing two separate pickups and running two inline pumps and then "Y'ing" back together to feed the engine -- OK (not ideal but it'll work). But I'm with Lonnie -- small in tank (or out of tank for that matter) feeding another (equal to of larger) pump, that's bad and should be avoided.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:35 PM
12 Second Truck Club

i understand what you guys are saying. but to say that if one pump fails your screwed that goes for anything. if you only have one pump and it fails your screwed too so that a nulled opinion in my opinion.

i'm trying to figure out how to set up my fuel system so i don't have to run a 1/3 tank or more all the time. if i have to put any holes in my bucket for my Tahoe the bucket is at the back of the tank. so if i have to back up a hill i'm screwed lol.

Quick Reply: dual inline pumps?