Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

No fuel pressure after boost reference regulator install

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009 | 01:33 PM
11 Second Club

Default No fuel pressure after boost reference regulator install

I got the hold downs and I got everything on today. I don't have fuel pressure now. I turn the key, I hear some "priming" the gauge moves a tad and drops down to zero, I crank it and nothing happens. The passenger side rails get the feed, goes around the back and up the driver side where the regulator is mounted. The bottom port goes to the return. I removed the stock fuel pressure regulator in the tank.

I used the evap as the return. All I had to do was remove that part and run the line there correct? Or am I missing something, well obviously I am, there's no fuel pressure. I bought the rails and regulator used, so I don't have the instructions for the regulator to see if there is something simple. Let me know if you guys have any ideas.
Old 02-22-2009 | 02:03 PM
11 Second Club

I forgot to mention that I have the reference coming from the housing on the turbo. I already changed the IFR and offset to reflect for the regulator. The gauge plain and simple says 0 after its primed and barely moves when it is priming.
Old 02-23-2009 | 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

did you take the regulator out of the tank... That will be critical.
Old 02-23-2009 | 02:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sevanseriesta
did you take the regulator out of the tank... That will be critical.
Yea, its out.
Old 02-23-2009 | 04:47 PM
On The Tree

Did you put a block off plug in the place where you removed the factory regulator? If not you are just pumping fuel out of the spot where the factory reg was. This would give you no fuel pressure.
Old 02-23-2009 | 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I did not do that, I did something different... Mine is not blocked off and drains into the tank, but I think I did something near the T-block in the back
Old 02-23-2009 | 06:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by C5Fire
Did you put a block off plug in the place where you removed the factory regulator? If not you are just pumping fuel out of the spot where the factory reg was. This would give you no fuel pressure.
I didn't. You wouldn't happen to know what size cap as far as pipe threads fittings? I also don't know which lines to switch around and which one to vent for my 98 application. I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Old 02-23-2009 | 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think it is a 1/8th NPT if I remmeber correctly.
Old 03-01-2009 | 11:16 PM
On The Tree

1 take stock fpr out of tank
2 the brass t where the fuel filter is remove the line that goes back to the tank and plug the t
3 at the fuel sender switch the evap with the line you removed from the t. evap is now your return and the other one becomes the vent. i wish i could draw it for you but thier is a diagram floating around in here.

P.S if the stock fpr in the tank wasnt removed you would have to much fuel press and you wouldnt be able to adjust it at the rail.
Old 03-02-2009 | 04:43 AM
11 Second Club

Sorry I forgot to post this in this thread:

I got it running and set the fuel pressure. Just so everyone knows, its a 1/4" NPT fitting to block off the T. I had to use alot of thread tape so it wouldn't leak.

I took out the pump to look inside and see what was what. Feed and return are obvious, then there are two ports for the evap. I capped the one with some cylinder underneath it and ran a hose down with a breather on it for the vented one. Now I have more fuel at idle since I have a steady 58psi. Rich as hell at idle now, 11.0-11.4

It's raining here so no logging for me. I'll have to wait until tomorrow I guess.
Old 03-04-2009 | 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
Sorry I forgot to post this in this thread:

I got it running and set the fuel pressure. Just so everyone knows, its a 1/4" NPT fitting to block off the T. I had to use alot of thread tape so it wouldn't leak.

I took out the pump to look inside and see what was what. Feed and return are obvious, then there are two ports for the evap. I capped the one with some cylinder underneath it and ran a hose down with a breather on it for the vented one. Now I have more fuel at idle since I have a steady 58psi. Rich as hell at idle now, 11.0-11.4

It's raining here so no logging for me. I'll have to wait until tomorrow I guess.
I think your fitting if off, this appears to be what is needed......https://ls1tech.com/forums/9701115-post5.html
Old 03-05-2009 | 05:05 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by maxgee
I think your fitting if off, this appears to be what is needed......https://ls1tech.com/forums/9701115-post5.html
OR you can spend 3 bucks at a local parts store and use thread tape and you save 30 bucks or so including shipping (not sure how much it costs). Not like anyones going to see that. That is the correct fitting since it should use an oring, but the 1/4 npt plug works just fine.
Old 03-05-2009 | 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
OR you can spend 3 bucks at a local parts store and use thread tape and you save 30 bucks or so including shipping (not sure how much it costs). Not like anyones going to see that. That is the correct fitting since it should use an oring, but the 1/4 npt plug works just fine.

just putting the info out there incase you wanted to know..or if others wanted the info
Old 03-06-2009 | 02:04 PM
On The Tree

ya i used tape not leaks

Quick Reply: No fuel pressure after boost reference regulator install