Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

boost referenced fpr

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default boost referenced fpr

Hey guys I have a aeromotive fuel pressure regulator on my 02 turbo ss I just installed my fuel system. But do not have the computer in the car because its getting tuned right now. But while I was waiting on my computer to come back I decided to pressure test my system. I turned the key and heard the fuel pump kick on and had a small leak so I know the pump is working. I fixed the leak and tried again but nothing shows up on the gauge. Maybe I did something wrong with the fpr I'm new to them and really know nothing about how the work. My fuel system is dual walbros one running of the 12v switch the other off a Hobbs switch. They both have -6 feeds to their own high flow fuel filters after that they go to a y block into an -8 feed line to the fuel rails which are aeromotive with a -6 crossover then the fpr is on the end of the fuel rail in the return line which is -6 all the way to the tank. I also did remove my stock fpr in the tank. I didn't have the car running when I checked the gauge since it has no computer but I figured I should still see pressure right?

I dunno please help

Thanks!
Old 07-22-2009, 04:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The way you have it sounds right, not sure why you aren't getting pressure. Make sure you change the tables for your boost ref reg in the tune.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Could it be my gauge messed up?
Old 07-22-2009, 06:23 PM
11 Second Club

Or you don't have it set right. When my key is turned and the fuel pumps prime I think it goes to 45ish psi. Then when its started it goes to 58psi
Old 07-22-2009, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's the thing I know nothing about it lol

Should I losen the jam nut and play with the adjustmen screw?

Also if that does work what do I wana set it at? Since it is boost referenced and all

Thanks!
Old 07-23-2009, 12:43 AM
11 Second Club

The computer turns on the fuel pump, no fuel pump, no pressure. To add to this, Aeromotive fuel pressure regulators bleed the pressure off very fast after the pump is shut off. So, you need to check the fuel pressure with the ecu in the car with the pump running.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nah the computer has nothing to do with mine. the wire from the pump is running dirrectly to the fuse box in the ign. plug in so when the key is on the pump is on. i messed with the adjustment screw and still nothing not even a blip. i think its my gauge so ima go get a new gauge and try that.

who is runing a aeromotive fpr in their fuel system?
Old 07-23-2009, 02:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02anti_vnm
nah the computer has nothing to do with mine. the wire from the pump is running dirrectly to the fuse box in the ign. plug in so when the key is on the pump is on. i messed with the adjustment screw and still nothing not even a blip. i think its my gauge so ima go get a new gauge and try that.

who is runing a aeromotive fpr in their fuel system?
Sounds like the gauge then if you are manually running the pump. I have an Aeromotive regulator on mine, I have never had a problem like you describe. The only thing is the pressure bleed down after the pump stops.

Is there gas in the tank, haha Jk.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah lol

Aite I'm going to try to describe this...

If your looking at the fpr your looking at the gauge side the right side of the fpr is attached directly to the end of the drivers side fuel rail at the front of the engine right by the throttle body it is connected via a -6 female/female adapter. The bottom fitting on the fpr is capped of via a -6 cap and the return comes out of the left side with a -6 90 and runs back to the tank. All of this is if your standing at the drivers side fender looking at the side of the engine you'll see the front of the fpr where it says aeromotive and has the gauge. Hope that makes a good enough picture so I don't have to take a pic lol

Do I have it installed right?

Thanks for your help guys!
Old 07-23-2009, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think you have the return line off one of the pressure lines which would be wrong, and will make it bleed off all psi. can you post a pick?
Old 07-24-2009, 12:39 AM
11 Second Club

The bottom of the regulator is the return port. Take the cap off and move the return line to it, and move the cap to the open port. That should fix your problem.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sweet! I got it fixed I did like yall said put the return line on the bottom and capped off the side works great!

I'm an idiot thanks guys!
Old 07-24-2009, 05:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sweet! I got it fixed I did like yall said put the return line on the bottom and capped off the side works great!

dam!

good thing u caught it before you cranked the motor!
lolz!
Old 07-24-2009, 06:56 PM
11 Second Club

Well I just assumed that you had the return on the bottom since you said it was -6. The only port on my regulator is -6. Sorry for the hold up, I would have said something about it.