Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

LS1 fuel rails on LS2?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 fuel rails on LS2?

Well as Butthead would say to Beavis, this is a prolly a pretty "stupiddumbass" question...

I have recently parted with my ls1 from my project car, and have kept the trick flow fuel rails from it to possibly use on my 06 gto.?

Is this something i could do, or are they not compatable? I am not a mongoloid so if it requires to fabricate new brackets for the rails to bolt down with, i can do so.

Typically i would not ask, however with it being colder than a well diggers *** outside, id rather just ask and get a couple jerkoffs talking **** and maybe a cool dude saying yes or no than freeze outside taking stuff apart like a pilgram.

Any answer is much appreciated.

Cliffs Notes: I would be replacing the factory fuel rails with trick flow ones off a ls1 (along with the rest of the stuff id need to ditch most of the mini-dick stock fuel system under the hood), just need to know if the ls1 fuel rails will line up on the ls2's intake.

Thanks for any input.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:39 AM
On The Tree

damn, really? No one knows this?
Old 01-17-2010, 11:45 AM
TECH Resident

wont fit
Old 01-17-2010, 11:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think they will fit if you use a LS6 intake, you should already have LS6 243 heads so no fitment problem there.

I hear the LS2 intake is total junk anyways and that the LS6 will make more power. I think you will also have to use your LS1 fuel injector harness as well the plugs on the injectors are different but I think the harness will plug right into the LS2 harness in the same location as the ls2 fuel injector harness.

Originally Posted by RX666
Well as Butthead would say to Beavis, this is a prolly a pretty "stupiddumbass" question...

I have recently parted with my ls1 from my project car, and have kept the trick flow fuel rails from it to possibly use on my 06 gto.?

Is this something i could do, or are they not compatable? I am not a mongoloid so if it requires to fabricate new brackets for the rails to bolt down with, i can do so.

Typically i would not ask, however with it being colder than a well diggers *** outside, id rather just ask and get a couple jerkoffs talking **** and maybe a cool dude saying yes or no than freeze outside taking stuff apart like a pilgram.

Any answer is much appreciated.

Cliffs Notes: I would be replacing the factory fuel rails with trick flow ones off a ls1 (along with the rest of the stuff id need to ditch most of the mini-dick stock fuel system under the hood), just need to know if the ls1 fuel rails will line up on the ls2's intake.

Thanks for any input.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

**** i wish i would have known that before i sent the ls6 one out the other day. god damnit.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:06 PM
12 Second Club

OK, wow! Don't put the LS6 intake on your car. They only accept a 78mm TB, and I am not aware of anyone that makes a drive-by-wire 78mm TB. Your stock TB is a 90mm DBW.

Keep your rails, buy a FAST, and use the rails with the adapters for the FAST. I am running LS1 style injectors and rails on my LS2 with my FAST intake. There are also wiring adapters if you choose to go this route and use the EV1 (LS1) style injectors instead of the stock EV6 (LS2) style short injectors. You do not have to replace the intire harness.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:58 AM
On The Tree

you know, i just looked at that last night when i was messing with installing this headers nightmare. I figured that was incorrect info, i cant see how that manifold would flow worse, its way larger than the ls6.

Im not taking that thing off there till i get a fast intake though..
Old 01-19-2010, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Yes the rails and injectors will line up. The mounts for the rails wont. I just got done making a set of mounts to put LS1 rails on my LS2 intake and finished them up today.

Here are the rails on the injectors. I should have them coated tomorrow and installed, ill take some pics if you want.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

nice so the dude that answers my question has a flush 240 and my favorite wheels in his avitar. Talk about a win win.. Thanks bro!

Thanks to highvoltage too.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:57 PM
On The Tree

Not a problem sir.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If Your Going To Swap Intakes I Would Just Get The LS2 Ported. They Flow Just As Good As The LS6 Intake Would And I Believe They Don't Fall To Short Of The FAST 90. Not Only That But You'll Save A Few Hundred Bucks
Old 01-23-2010, 12:52 AM
On The Tree

getting a fast 92 then porting that. this is not for a ls6. i had a ls6 in my other car but moving these onto my ls2 gto.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RX666
getting a fast 92 then porting that. this is not for a ls6. i had a ls6 in my other car but moving these onto my ls2 gto.
Wasn't Sure About Your Budget. Ported FAST 92 Is Even Better
Old 02-10-2010, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Otto-813
Yes the rails and injectors will line up. The mounts for the rails wont. I just got done making a set of mounts to put LS1 rails on my LS2 intake and finished them up today.

Here are the rails on the injectors. I should have them coated tomorrow and installed, ill take some pics if you want.
I'm not sure about him but i'd like seeing some pics. I'm interested in seeing what was required to make this work.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:03 AM
Teching In

I really hate to bump a SUPER old thread, but I figured it was better than just making a new one that asks the same question.

I have a 5.3 with an LS2 Intake and I have 120lb LS1 Injectors.

Im buying aftermarket rails, they HAVE to be -8AN since I already have all the other fuel parts (lines and fittings).

The only ones I can find for an LS2 are -6. LS1's though have the -8 I need.

There are only a couple threads that mention the aftermarket Rails bolting to a LS2 Intake. THIS is all that I am worried about, not the harness or any of that stuff. Otto pointed out above that aftermarket LS1 rails wont line up to an LS2 Intake. The problem is there are some companies saying that their Fuel Rails fit LS1-LS9.

Can someone point me in the direction of the adapters to make AFTERMARKET LS1 RAILS fit onto an LS2 INTAKE?
Old 12-02-2012, 08:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

The rails themselves fit the injectors and spacing fine

Difference comes with some oddball injectors use a different sized upper O-ring, so you may be off to the parts store to buy the other size. This isnt always the case though

You WILL have to make new angle brackets to hole the rails to the intake as the LS1 to LS2 bolt pattern is different. Dont fret as its very simple and can be done with common garage tools and a piece of aluminum from Lowes

Good luck trying to buy adapter brackets from a sponsor...
Old 12-02-2012, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

from what I can tell the fast 90-92 is the same price as the 102. So why even bother with porting.

Quick Reply: LS1 fuel rails on LS2?