Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Unsolved mystery!!! 01 z28 problem plz help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unsolved mystery!!! 01 z28 problem plz help!!!!

I know this post probably has been posted a million times, or maybe i am in the wrong post thread.. but take a look, i bet you'll have no answer either!

Alright so i just uncovered my password for LS1tech over the pile of dust since 05' lol and haven't had any problems with my car since (that'd be a big lie)! But this one has seemed to STUMP! and i mean STUMP everyone i come into contact with, or ask... Mechanics with 25-30yrs experience, FORGET IT! Starter & alternator repairs, nothing! Auto part stores, ha joke.. Even wal-mart! imagine that! You name it! I've asked!! Now i am coming to you guy's.. THE BEST AROUND!!

The problem: 01 Z28 will not start!!! Starter is good, car turns over... I have been jobless for a year so my car has just sat for months at a time, back in Dec. of 09' it would take bout 3-4 cranks to start, then 5-8 cranks, then just went dead!
Solution: NOT FOUND!
Results: I have tried everything man, from charging my 4-5 yr old Red top optima battery, having it tested at wal-mart (good battery). To having a friend run a diagnostics with his 10k Snap-on computer to find the problem, nothing throwed or gave there! So i ripped out the alternator and had it tested, needed a new regulator, replaced it, and still won't start!!!! Dude i am stranded and do not know what to do! Please help!

IS IT THE FUEL PUMP???

End result: MY CAR IS HAUNTED!!!
Only thing i haven't tried is handing my baby over to a Chevy dealership and having them charge me out the A-hole!!! NO FUN!!!!

Please help.. The big car show ROD RUNS in Pigeon Forge, TN is next week, I would love to have it up and running by then! I appreciate every comment or concern! THANKS
-Trey

P.S. I AM DESPERATE lol
Old 04-07-2010, 04:55 AM
Launching!

I just had the same problem with my car and it turned out to be one of the ground wires on the back of the driver side head had broken off, I fixed the ground and it started right up, you might wanna give it a try.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude u dont even know if ur fuel pump is working or not! check it check ur fuel pressure check the fuel filter there are million things u can check! if ur pump is working fine pull a plug see if it has any spark if not then its ur cranck sensor i kinda feel its ur sensor lol u might wanna check for a spark if u have good fuel pressure...good luck
Old 04-07-2010, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

Naw i checked the fuel pump already and it prime's... Thx
Old 04-07-2010, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

is there a way to find these wires on the so called head? dude i am so lost lol wtf is a head? and where is a diagram?? I kno absolutely nothing about cars so don't take it personnel..
Old 04-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Alt
TECH Resident

Dude, how about you stop posting in several sections with the same post dude. Hey dude, http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+a+cylinder+head+dude
Old 04-07-2010, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Alt
Dude, how about you stop posting in several sections with the same post dude. Hey dude, http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+a+cylinder+head+dude
Yo dude, like totally dude, i swear dude.. why don't u stop stalking me dude!!!
Seriously, you have nothing else better to do then to follow me around on my posts writing **** that has absolutely nothing to do with the ?'s!!!

Haha.. i love my fans tho.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe if it were a crank of cam sensor it would be throwing a code. I told him in his other thread a few things to check out and try out. Hopefully he will try those few things out.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSrookiekid
Yo dude, like totally dude, i swear dude.. why don't u stop stalking me dude!!!
Seriously, you have nothing else better to do then to follow me around on my posts writing **** that has absolutely nothing to do with the ?'s!!!

Haha.. i love my fans tho.
Seriously though....you have received answers regarding this problem in your other post. Have you even worked the "steps" outlined in the other thread?? Don't answer that...please just delete this thread.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

Go ahead : D i got 5 others lol
Old 04-08-2010, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

Have you checked that you have fuel psi and flow at the schrader valve? You nearver say if you tried anyone's suggestions, You just blow everyone off and start another thread.

Good luck not getting banned
Old 04-08-2010, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

oooohhhhhhhhh im so scared dude.. its not like u can't make another one like i already did! see u around ********!
Old 04-09-2010, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

TROLL...or ignorant mama's boy without a clue that needs somone to hold his hand untill he pulls his head out of his all-too-often raped and kicked ***. Yeah, probably the latter. LOL
Old 04-09-2010, 05:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not trying to be an ***, but if you don't know what a cylinder head is, you should probably just take it somewhere to get fixed rather than try to figure it out yourself. You may just make it worse IMO.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

You cant help those who wont help themselves. He dident want to buy a fuel psi gauge, but hasn't even checked to see if gas squirts out when you push in the shcrader valve. Time to take it to GM.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:11 AM
On The Tree

Fixed it!!!!! Whhoooooo hoooo!!!!

Thank you everyone for your help and concerns!!!
Old 04-11-2010, 12:45 AM
On The Tree

What was wrong, we want to know? no gas?
Old 04-11-2010, 01:20 AM
On The Tree

Yea guys, no gas! for sure!! haha wtf? um thanks to all who wanted to help.. and the others who had stupid ideas like a rat stuck in the MAF (with a clear lid intake, i think thats impossible) um, if i knew there was gas in the fuel rail, what good is it not knowing the psi?!?!? but yes, after getting enough time away from work and my busy schedule, i checked the fuel rail, sprayed starter fluid (for a spark, not poring gas down the TB u idiot! sure thats safe!) and got it to crank over, fully charged the battery, and tried switching the ignition relays from my Z71 truck, and it STARTED right up!!

So thank u guys... i had a couple suggestions of an ignition relay.. i knew it could be about 30 possibilities though... but its all figured out for $8.99!!! from Autozone lmao!
Old 04-11-2010, 01:31 AM
On The Tree

Um and who ever said they wouldn't trust 3month old gas??? Now that my car runs.. the gas has had no effect and runs smooth... smells fine, and the engine sounds great! Gas will usually only expire over a years time, depending on how much oxygen it is exposed to.. since its been sitting in my gas tank, 3months isn't going to have much effect on it...
Old 04-11-2010, 02:11 AM
Staging Lane

glad you got it running