Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Racetronix hotwire MISSING PARTS WTF!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Racetronix hotwire MISSING PARTS WTF!?!?!

Guys-

I'm in the middle of a HUGE build. I'm really close to getting my new drivetrain back in the car, and I decided to get some wiring done while everything was out.

I went to install my racetronix hotwire kit (bought new in packaging privately) and it's missing a connector!

If anyone's installed a racetronix kit and is familiar, it is a 2-wire connector (in the install pics it shows "62 PED". This is when you un-pin the factory gray, purple, and black wires and pin them into the supplied racetronix connectors, then hook them up (PNP). I have 2 1-wire connectors and NO 2 WIRE CONNECTOR!

I could be done wiring this by now if I had the part.

I need some FAST help. 1) I need to know where I can get one of these connectors, or 2) a phone contact for racetronix, as the only way to get ahold of them on the site is e-mail (hopefully someone knows somebody at racetronix's #). I've already e-mailed them and told them what I need.

I appreciate the help, I'm 1 week and 2 days away from dyno time, and still need to get my new drivetrain back into the car. I'm SO close, and can't afford hangups like this. Thanks-

-Brett-
Old 07-19-2010, 01:43 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by qc97z
Guys-

I'm in the middle of a HUGE build. I'm really close to getting my new drivetrain back in the car, and I decided to get some wiring done while everything was out.

I went to install my racetronix hotwire kit (bought new in packaging privately) and it's missing a connector!

If anyone's installed a racetronix kit and is familiar, it is a 2-wire connector (in the install pics it shows "62 PED". This is when you un-pin the factory gray, purple, and black wires and pin them into the supplied racetronix connectors, then hook them up (PNP). I have 2 1-wire connectors and NO 2 WIRE CONNECTOR!

I could be done wiring this by now if I had the part.

I need some FAST help. 1) I need to know where I can get one of these connectors, or 2) a phone contact for racetronix, as the only way to get ahold of them on the site is e-mail (hopefully someone knows somebody at racetronix's #). I've already e-mailed them and told them what I need.

I appreciate the help, I'm 1 week and 2 days away from dyno time, and still need to get my new drivetrain back into the car. I'm SO close, and can't afford hangups like this. Thanks-

-Brett-
We already sent you a reply...

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 07-19-2010, 05:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You sent me a vague reply asking me for pictures of my stuff. I've clearly spelled out what is missing. Please send me the connector I'm missing. I already said I'd pay for it if I have to, and will pay for fast shipping. I don't want to cut up a perfectly good kit to splice wires directly.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:08 AM
TECH Junkie

This would be a great time for Racetronix to step up and go the extra mile. I hope Racetronix can do this; I have supported their products for years and I hope to do so for many to come.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by koolaid_kid
This would be a great time for Racetronix to step up and go the extra mile. I hope Racetronix can do this; I have supported their products for years and I hope to do so for many to come.
Agreed. I hear nothing but great things about the products they sell...but I hear bad things about support and lack of documentation/instruction. I can't tell you how many threads are out there of people wanting install instructions.
We'll see what they do. If they don't respond back to this thread or my e-mail by 5PM today, I'll have to figure something else out, and will probably create a negative feedback thread. Like I said before, I don't have time for these kinds of hangups, and will cut and splice if necessary...I just shouldn't have to, especially when I offer to pay for the missing part and pay to ship it overnight.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Agreed. I hear nothing but great things about the products they sell...but I hear bad things about support and lack of documentation/instruction. I can't tell you how many threads are out there of people wanting install instructions.
We'll see what they do. If they don't respond back to this thread or my e-mail by 5PM today, I'll have to figure something else out, and will probably create a negative feedback thread. Like I said before, I don't have time for these kinds of hangups, and will cut and splice if necessary...I just shouldn't have to, especially when I offer to pay for the missing part and pay to ship it overnight.
We replied to your e-mail on a Sunday night at 10:30PM (within a few hours of your e-mail) asking for a picture of your parts so we can determine what is missing from your kit. This is the best way to avoid having to send out parts a second time in case you are in error. There have been product improvements over time depending on the manufacture date of the harness. This is for your benefit!

It is nice to see you on the forum trashing our support and making threats of NFB while at the same time we are trying to help you!!!

Typically parts claims are limited to the original purchaser with an invoice within a specified time frame. You are not the original purchaser and you did not provide an invoice number. That being said we are still willing to help you provided you supply us with some basic information and a picture.

We require the following:
  • bar code build date and tester name
  • picture of the parts you did receive
  • name of original purchaser / vendor with sales order number (if possible)
The FLT1 harness comes with full color instructions.

>WEB SITE<
Old 07-19-2010, 02:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I understand that the FLT1 harness comes with full color instructions, as I referenced in my original post.
I'm not trashing your support, I'm trashing the fact that you said in your e-mail "we will determine what is missing for you". I'm not stupid, I know exactly what's missing.
When you have full color instructions and 2 of a part you only need 1 of, and you don't have something pictured in the instructions, it's easy to add up.
And I applaud you for replying late on a Sunday night, that's definitely a thumbs up for you. However, a "no bullshit" company that people claim you to be wouldn't ask so many questions, wouldn't assume someone is stupid, and send the part out (especially if the person is willing to pay for it). It would be my mistake if you sent parts out and they were the wrong parts...because I would have requested the wrong ones, and that's on me. I understand you're trying to be accurate, but you're also WAY overcomplicating the process. And, I referenced EXACTLY what part was missing, and referenced the exact step and the exact wires that go into said part. Neither one of us should be wrong with that caliber of information, unless we're both brainless, which I highly doubt.
As far as what you "require", I told you in a reply e-mail that I didnt' have time to take photos of everything, and that it was already 3/4 installed on the car (I didn't run anything outside the car, i routed everything in the cabin). I'm in the middle of a serious build, and am running out of time quickly. When someone is willing to pay for a part and pay for over night shipping...ship it! End of story.
Long story short, I'm going to buy a weatherpack connector set at a local store, clip the female end of yours off (that i'm missing the male counterpart to) and re-pin. Problem solved.
I'm not filing any negative feedback, but it might be wise to trust people and listen to them a bit more. It could make issues like this become non-issues in a big hurry.

Last edited by qc97z; 07-19-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I understand that the FLT1 harness comes with full color instructions, as I referenced in my original post.
I'm not trashing your support, I'm trashing the fact that you said in your e-mail "we will determine what is missing for you". I'm not stupid, I know exactly what's missing.
When you have full color instructions and 2 of a part you only need 1 of, and you don't have something pictured in the instructions, it's easy to add up.
And I applaud you for replying late on a Sunday night, that's definitely a thumbs up for you. However, a "no bullshit" company that people claim you to be wouldn't ask so many questions, wouldn't assume someone is stupid, and send the part out (especially if the person is willing to pay for it). It would be my mistake if you sent parts out and they were the wrong parts...because I would have requested the wrong ones, and that's on me. I understand you're trying to be accurate, but you're also WAY overcomplicating the process. And, I referenced EXACTLY what part was missing, and referenced the exact step and the exact wires that go into said part. Neither one of us should be wrong with that caliber of information, unless we're both brainless, which I highly doubt.
As far as what you "require", I told you in a reply e-mail that I didnt' have time to take photos of everything, and that it was already 3/4 installed on the car (I didn't run anything outside the car, i routed everything in the cabin). I'm in the middle of a serious build, and am running out of time quickly. When someone is willing to pay for a part and pay for over night shipping...ship it! End of story.
Long story short, I'm going to buy a weatherpack connector set at a local store, clip the female end of yours off (that i'm missing the male counterpart to) and re-pin. Problem solved.
I'm not filing any negative feedback, but it might be wise to trust people and listen to them a bit more. It could make issues like this become non-issues in a big hurry.
Too many people on these forums think they are an expert to the point of knowing more than the companies who design and build the product.

Let's say for example the connector, terminal design, gauge of wire or seal dimensions changed through the production history. Would you know this? This may impact the part number we send out. This is why we have bar codes and dates on the harnesses so we can track changes. Things are not as simple as many laymen assume.

Please understand that our warranty does not extend to product which has been altered by the end user.

>WEB SITE<

Last edited by Racetronix; 07-19-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I understand production and design changes...I'm a manufacturing engineer. But the fact still remains, the gage of the factory wiring on the vehicle that you have to un-pin and re-pin into the connector won't change. That being said, I understand what you mean.
I also understand that I no longer have any sort of implied warranties of any kind because I modified the harness. I ended up cutting and using spade connectors (rubber insulated, and taped).
I won't spread any bad words about your company to others, and if I need something in the future, I still may consider buying from you. You make a good product, and I'm sure thousands would agree.
I needed a quick fix in a big hurry, and in this case, you weren't able to come through. I'm sure (I hope) this was an isolated incident, and in most cases, you're able to support issues like this effectively. Thanks for your quick responses to e-mails and posts.