Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Out of fuel... Big high imp or AEM Versafueler w/ low imp

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Out of fuel... Big high imp or AEM Versafueler w/ low imp

I am out of injector with my turbo setup on E85. Currently there are 83's in there. I have been told I could run a low impedance injector with an AEM Versafueler or just buy the big 210lb high impedance injectors from FIC on here. I think the low imp and AEM route would obviously be cheaper but will it work with the stock PCM and how streetable? If so anyone have some feedback going this way? Is it streetable? I haven't seen much feedback on the new 210lb injectors so I am kinda weary and spending that much money and they may not be very streetable. I am trying to keep this car 100% streetable. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by AutomagicLS1; 09-21-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lows are more streetable as long as you have a good tuner.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:13 PM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

How far out of fuel are you? Those 83# Siemens/Mototron (I'm guessing?) will handle alot of fuel pressure, so one option is to raise the pressure up but still that's not going to give you much more than you have.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:21 PM
7 Second Club

Received 303 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by AutomagicLS1
I am out of injector with my turbo setup on E85. Currently there are 83's in there. I have been told I could run a low impedance injector with an AEM Versafueler or just buy the big 210lb high impedance injectors from FIC on here. I think the low imp and AEM route would obviously be cheaper but will it work with the stock PCM and how streetable? If so anyone have some feedback going this way? Is it streetable? I haven't seen much feedback on the new 210lb injectors so I am kinda weary and spending that much money and they may not be very streetable. I am trying to keep this car 100% streetable. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Just looking at your turbo and your cubes I would probably suggest 120lb injectors with a versafueler. Low impedance injectors usually snap open quicker and are more responsive at lower pulsewidths than high impedance injectors with peak/hold driver boxes. I think 120lb injectors would suffice and I wouldn't recommend going with a larger injector than is necessary since it can introduce minimum pulsewidth issues, etc. My stock cube turbo motor idles clean at stoich with 120lb injectors and the versafueler but it is riding pretty close to the minimum pulsewidth already even with E85 and still goes slightly rich on decel even at 1.0ms.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LSxPwrDZ
How far out of fuel are you? Those 83# Siemens/Mototron (I'm guessing?) will handle alot of fuel pressure, so one option is to raise the pressure up but still that's not going to give you much more than you have.
Base pressure is 58 PSI + boost ref reg, IDC is ~115-120% if we try to turn the car up past 15lbs. Currently the car is running twin 255s, stock lines, stock rails. Not sure on HP numbers yet, but my guess is ~750rwhp. We could jack the fuel pressure way up, but it really needs more injector along with a change in lines/rails.

Future plan for the fuel system is tripple intank 255s, -8 line, rails. Just haven't made a decision on what direction to go with injectors.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:30 PM
7 Second Club

Received 303 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxxMitchell
Base pressure is 58 PSI + boost ref reg, IDC is ~115-120% if we try to turn the car up past 15lbs. Currently the car is running twin 255s, stock lines, stock rails. Not sure on HP numbers yet, but my guess is ~750rwhp. We could jack the fuel pressure way up, but it really needs more injector along with a change in lines/rails.

Future plan for the fuel system is tripple intank 255s, -8 line, rails. Just haven't made a decision on what direction to go with injectors.
83s aren't going to get close. Definitely need the three 255s, -8 line, rails with 120lb injectors.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:04 PM
FormerVendor

We use the VersaFueler with great results. let me know if I can help you setup a fuel system to support what you need.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:58 PM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you watched the fuel pressure under load? With stock fuel rails and lines I don't see your rails holding pressure with the injectors you have. Losing fuel pressure will falsely make you think you need bigger injectors.

Just trying to troubleshoot from a different perspective. I'd do the fuel lines and rails before I swapped injectors. Twin pumps will supply alot of fuel with the right feed and return.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you want to sell the 83s send me a PM

Quick Reply: Out of fuel... Big high imp or AEM Versafueler w/ low imp