Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Need Help!!! Is there a certain method to splice a new injector plug into the harness

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help!!! Is there a certain method to splice a new injector plug into the harness

I had an injector pigtail break and i got a replacement from gm. What is the proper way to splice this in because theres only two wires and they are both white. Which wire goes where?
Old 10-13-2010, 01:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe you would rather pull the pins from the body
and reinsert them to the new shell? What broke?

If not, I'd orient the bodies the same, mark the wires
appropriately, solder & heatshrink.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

Well the problem is that I have already had someone splice the new connector in and well i am just not sure that it was done right bc the piston on that particular cylinder lean out and burnt up so now i am rebuilding the motor! The part that broke was the black part so it wouldn't stay on all the way even with the clip in
Old 10-13-2010, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

I am trying to figure out if that had a factor in it leaning out on that cylinder or if it was possibly in the tune! Any ideas?????
Old 10-13-2010, 10:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Were the wires crimped in, soldered, connected some other way?

Personally, I would buy just a connector housing, and 2 new pins, then I would run the wires from the cars harness into it, and crimp the pins on like the original wires were without splices mid-wire. Injector wiring is a pulsewidth...one side see's ignition switched 12 volt power, the other side grounds through the PCM with a pulsewidth modulation that controls fuel...a shitty splice can affect the quality of that ground as well as the quality of the PWM signal, and could affect fuel.

I am not sure which side of the injector needs to see 12V (don't think it matters, but not sure)...however, if you look at the other 7 injectors, you will see they all have a pink wire...thats the power wire, the other wire will be different colors depending on the cylinder number. I would make the new one the same as the other 7 in that regard.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:32 AM
On The Tree

I will have to check that out and thanks alot for the help and advice Mike454ss!

Quick Reply: Need Help!!! Is there a certain method to splice a new injector plug into the harness