Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

New Aeromotive 340 in tank pump

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 05:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98cobra
Hopefully Aeromotive will chime in on this. If I have to send the pump back to them and still wait a month for a pump I will be really %^*#&#!

Have you tried calling them to discuss before venting your frustration on the internet? Call, and ask for Brett Clow.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wkdivr
Have you tried calling them to discuss before venting your frustration on the internet? Call, and ask for Brett Clow.
Doesn't matter. Even if the problem gets resolved, the rest of us deserve to know.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

To the OP: 98cobra –

It’s unfortunate that there has been trouble with a new 340 Stealth pump. We apologize for any inconvenience you’ve experienced, but frankly we’re both surprised, and concerned to hear about your problems here, in the public forum, first. As far as I know we (the Aeromotive Tech Dept.) have not been contacted by you or your installer to discuss either the problem you’ve had or why it may have occurred.

For the record: Aeromotive has a 1-year warranty policy and a standardized procedure processing it, including contacting the Aeromotive Tech Department for technical assistance and to obtain an RGA (return goods authorization) for warranty inspection and processing. The Warranty Policy and Procedures are provided with the installation instructions, included in the package with each 340 Stealth Pump, and are also available on our website at www.Aeromotiveinc.com by clicking on the “download installation instructions” link on each product page. The customary turn-around on warranty is 3- working days or less.

If your pump qualifies for a warranty replacement (has failed due to a defect in materials and/or workmanship) we will replace it promptly, we do have product reserved for processing warranty replacements. On the other hand, If your pump has failed due to improper installation/application (which appears possible based on the installed images you have posted), we will assess your situation and determine what can be done. Note: Aeromotive has historically extended a helping hand where possible to customers experiencing self inflicted problems, but we reserve the right to approach these situations on a case-by-case basis.

Of course, any non-warranty assistance we provide is predicated on being contacted by the customer, and their openly explain what has happened, including details of any potential installation irregularities. Then an application is made for an RGA and the product is returned for examination and consideration. It’s not uncommon for us to extend help to someone that is honest with us up front and who commits to resolving installation and applications problems in exchange for our providing replacement products at little or no charge.

We are open to discussing your application and the problems you’ve experienced. We will certainly replace your fuel pump should the failure be due to defect in material and or workmanship. Further, we will consider your situation and make every effort to assist you, even if your failure is not our fault, but this will be entirely up to you and how you approach the situation. You will need to contact the Aeromotive Tech Dept. at 913-647-7300 and ask for either Brett @ ext. 109 or Jared at ext. 110.

Note: From the installation images that were posted, it appears there may have been an attempt to install the Stealth 340 pump in an application not listed in our application guide. We understand that there is a desire to apply a pump with this performance potential to many vehicles outside of those for which it is recommended. However, there are reasons why not all vehicles/applications are compatible/supported.

It would seem to be “common sense” that, when an attempt is made to use any product outside of it’s recommended application, the responsibility for success or failure rests entirely on the shoulders of the installer/end user. We are not apposed to someone experimenting with our products to see if they can solve problems that are “outside the box”. However, if the experiment goes bad, we don’t believe its either fair or appropriate to have Aeromotive or it’s products bashed for it.

Please let us know how we can help.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

This is exactly why I posted this right off the bat. The pump was installed in a cts v, which has a BIGGER sock then the aeromotive comes in, the return line feeds the bucket directly so the bucket can never be sucked dry. Explain how that would cause the pump to fail? Right off the jump you guys are looking for a way out.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

And when I bought this pump aeromotive had NO cars listed as applications. So since you are going for this loophole right away, can I have a refund for the pump I purchased with only offset / inlet specifications? Since that's what YOU had it advertised as?

Last edited by 98cobra; 04-14-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:28 PM

Dear Mr. 98 Cobra,

For the public record, in simple terms, here’s what we’re saying:

Aeromotive warrantees its product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for 1 year from the date of purchase.

We are happy to help anyone who has purchased an Aeromotive product and is having difficulty, and typically will even extend help to those who’ve created their own problems by way of misapplication of the product, but his is strictly at Aeromotive’ discretion.

We have not seen your pump, nor have you contacted us to discuss your application or the problems you’ve experienced. Instead, you’ve chosen to bash Aeromotive in a public forum, without even giving us a chance to work with you, which is frankly ludicrous and calls into question your real intentions.

If you don’t contact us, apply for a RGA and submit you pump for warranty consideration, we have no way to assist you. We suggest you stop bashing us publicly and attempt to get help with your problems by contacting us directly. If you do not do so, and continue to slander the company without cause, we will then take the appropriate action to stop you.

Its your call sir.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Take action against me because the product I purchased from you failed? Great customer service. Please pm me what documentation you need from me and where to send the pump to. And I am pretty sure this is an open forum, and not aeromotive.com, so I can discuss what happened.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am putting a 340 in my 02 z 'cause racetronics will not anwswer me about my 4 week late order with them so I am putting together an "experiment" myself. Did you put enough holes in the canister that houses the pump...if not the pump would not be immersed in fuel all the time...the return line would not be consistent enough with enough fuel flow in all conditions to keep pump wet and pulling fuel. Just some thoughts.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ChucksZ06
I am putting a 340 in my 02 z 'cause racetronics will not anwswer me about my 4 week late order with them so I am putting together an "experiment" myself. Did you put enough holes in the canister that houses the pump...if not the pump would not be immersed in fuel all the time...the return line would not be consistent enough with enough fuel flow in all conditions to keep pump wet and pulling fuel. Just some thoughts.
I agreed. I did desame way..

I have used multiple brands of fuel pumps and all of them failed. it just depends what it is your try to do with your setup.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:13 PM
TECH Resident

Am I missing something? I don't understand what the problem is with Aeromotive other than the pump failing? Why did you come in here and post this about the pump without even consulting them first?

He clearly states that they will warranty the pump if it is in fact faulty. Go through the proper steps to try and get the pump warrantied and see what had happened. Everyone is sitting here bashing Aeromotive for their faults when they did nothing wrong.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:22 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ChucksZ06
All F99 systems are in stock so there is no reason why a true order via our web store would take 4 weeks. We usually ship the same or next business day. If you ordered a pump via a dealer and they are hanging you out to dry let us know so we can follow up on it.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 04-15-2011, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

I asked for aeromotive to pm me instructions on where to send the pump to....
Old 04-16-2011, 11:42 AM
TECH Resident

I think ill wait a few months before ordering one
Old 04-17-2011, 09:18 PM
TECH Addict

so will these pumps be offered with the venturi nipple for the 99-02 f-body bucket? or will you be forced to cut the bucket?
Old 04-18-2011, 09:54 AM

Dear Mr. 98 Cobra

We’d be happy to issue an RGA to inspect your fuel pump. The easiest way to set this up is to call the tech line at 913-647-7300 ext. 109 and speak directly with Brett or myself. If you prefer, send an email to: tech@aeromotiveinc.com including your full name, shipping address, daytime phone and a link to this thread. With this information we can issue an RGA you can use to return the pump.

If I may suggest, let’s start this out with a telephone conversation. If you cannot make a long distance call, we’d be happy to call you, just include the phone number you’d like us to use and a appropriate time frame to call in your email to us, if that’s more comfortable for you.

To be clear, we have no intention of disqualifying any warranty claim just because a product was used in a vehicle or fashion that is not in our normal application guide. In fact, we expect this will happen more than once, especially with the Stealth 340 pumps. Being involved in new applications is part of how we get exposed to new opportunities, and we appreciate that. However, if someone is considering deploying this pump, or any Aeromotive product for that matter, in a way that is not clearly recommended by us, we would suggest (actually we expect) that the party would contact us first to see if we have any technical feedback pro or con, or any alternate recommendations.

In some cases, we may be able to support an experimental application both with inspection and testing of the OE components involved and even suggest if modifications could be made to ensure performance and service life. In the event we’re involved and there’s a failure, we don’t quit, rather we attempt to determine the cause and develop a solution. On the other hand, we may say it is definitely not recommended, or something which we’re not interested in being involved with, and we would explain the reason. From there a person would obviously be on their own.

In the case of a Cadillac CTSV and our 340 Stealth in-tank pump, we do not have a lot of working knowledge about the OEM fuel system and the fuel pump deployed in the stock tank. Frankly, we’d like to know more about this vehicle, they have additional performance potential, and we would be interested in seeing the OEM fuel basket and fixtures to better evaluate both now they work and their suitability for use with the Stealth 340. Of course, this is something we’d normally cover in a telephone conversation or email, which we’ve yet to have, so consider it FYI.

If you want to work with us, we are more than willing to work with you. It’s part of who we are and how we do business. I’m only sorry that you did not give us an objective opportunity to show you that. In fact, we are still waiting to hear from you, from here it’s your move.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Email sent. The black line in the bucket is the fuel pump line. The return line feeds the bottom of the bucket with a flapper check valve. The plastic connector to the right gets connected to a line coming out of the other side of the fuel tank, that pulls fuel into the bucket to keep it full as well. The cts tank is a hump assembly, it is using the fuel flow from the pump to pull fuel from the other side. The bucket has two measures to keep it full of fuel. I was running a 500 wheel horsepower naturally aspirated setup.

Last edited by 98cobra; 04-18-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TransWS6Am
so will these pumps be offered with the venturi nipple for the 99-02 f-body bucket? or will you be forced to cut the bucket?
??????
Old 04-18-2011, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^ I asked that question long time ago too. Unfortunately the answer is no. Looks like the racetronix pump is still the only decently functional alternative.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Aeromotive Fuel Systems

However, if someone is considering deploying this pump, or any Aeromotive product for that matter, in a way that is not clearly recommended by us, we would suggest (actually we expect) that the party would contact us first to see if we have any technical feedback pro or con, or any alternate recommendations.
So if someone wanted to put this pump into an older car while doing a swap, what would you recommend?
Old 04-19-2011, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RedVertTA
^^^ I asked that question long time ago too. Unfortunately the answer is no. Looks like the racetronix pump is still the only decently functional alternative.
well that sucks! Maybe racetronix can put the nipple on it like they do on the walbro.......
until then it looks like ill stick with the racetronix pump.

Quick Reply: New Aeromotive 340 in tank pump