Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

160lb injectors, high vs low impedance

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 12:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1NOVA
Oh boy, here we go again. Does anyone have ACTUAL data that shows that they have had problems using the Bosch injectors as is from FIC without the matching that ID does
Sigh. No one ever said they've had problems with them. Once again. THE ISSUE IS FIC AND OTHERS CLAIM THAT INJECTOR DYNAMICS SELLS THE EXACT SAME PRODUCT, JUST MORE EXPENSIVE this is NOT TRUE. The product that ID sells is an injector made by Bosch. Bought from Bosch. Those are the only similarities between the ID injectors and the other vendors.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:48 PM
8 Second Club

Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by rx_treme
That's like Microsoft sending their customers to the Apple website for drivers. No thanks.
Well, technically not the same. Neither FIC or ID manufacture the injectors, nor to they do ANYTHING that physically alters them. All they do is buy a batch, flow them (Not goig into the whole dynamic vs static debate) and group injectors based on similarities. (Caused by production variances from the OEM, who in fact built all of them.)
Old 06-28-2011, 12:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastrx7turbo
Sigh. No one ever said they've had problems with them. Once again. THE ISSUE IS FIC AND OTHERS CLAIM THAT INJECTOR DYNAMICS SELLS THE EXACT SAME PRODUCT, JUST MORE EXPENSIVE this is NOT TRUE. The product that ID sells is an injector made by Bosch. Bought from Bosch. Those are the only similarities between the ID injectors and the other vendors.
How many injectors that are in high hp street cars are balanced to the standards that ID's are? Overkill maybe? Not stirring the pot, just wondering.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AgFormula02
Well, technically not the same. Neither FIC or ID manufacture the injectors, nor to they do ANYTHING that physically alters them. All they do is buy a batch, flow them (Not goig into the whole dynamic vs static debate) and group injectors based on similarities. (Caused by production variances from the OEM, who in fact built all of them.)
More misinformation. The injectors ARE modified. They are serialized and ran on a flow bench. Then they are matched together. The other guys don't touch the injector, they run a group of them into graduated cylinders and then "match" them that way.

If you are happy with the wide ( and well documented) range of flows from Bosch, then by all means, buy injectors from brand X. Injector Dynamics caters to more discerning customer and tuners who know what they're doing.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:13 PM
8 Second Club

More misinformation. The injectors ARE modified. They are serialized and ran on a flow bench. Then they are matched together. The other guys don't touch the injector, they run a group of them into graduated cylinders and then "match" them that way.

If you are happy with the wide ( and well documented) range of flows from Bosch, then by all means, buy injectors from brand X. Injector Dynamics caters to more discerning customer and tuners who know what they're doing.
Please defined your use of the term "Serialized". Do you mean a specific serial number is added to them? Just want to clarify if that is what you define as modifying an injector.
Running an injector on a flow bench is not modifying it. It simply helps in determining the characterisitcs of that specific injector. Again, not a modification.

Guess when it comes down to it, a serious tuner will rely on EGT temps and AF ratios as the primary indicator of how an injector is performing. Process Output data seems to be the most importat factor in getting desired results.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Staging Lane

how stupid are we guys.. We have been buying unserialized injectors. ****, no wonder i can only go 10.3 with perfect drivabilaty. I wish i knew about this serilization, I would have shelled out the extra 500 for that in a heartbeat. I'm saving up so for chrismas I can get me some. And how do you know what everyone else does? Stop it already.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AgFormula02
Please defined your use of the term "Serialized". Do you mean a specific serial number is added to them? Just want to clarify if that is what you define as modifying an injector.
Running an injector on a flow bench is not modifying it. It simply helps in determining the characterisitcs of that specific injector. Again, not a modification.

Guess when it comes down to it, a serious tuner will rely on EGT temps and AF ratios as the primary indicator of how an injector is performing. Process Output data seems to be the most importat factor in getting desired results.
yes, they serialize each injector with its own flow bench reading. All I'm going to say is that the injector is physically modified. Tony at T1 can explain this all better than I can.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98transbum
how stupid are we guys.. We have been buying unserialized injectors. ****, no wonder i can only go 10.3 with perfect drivabilaty. I wish i knew about this serilization, I would have shelled out the extra 500 for that in a heartbeat. I'm saving up so for chrismas I can get me some. And how do you know what everyone else does? Stop it already.
I guess reading and spelling isn't in the curriculum over there in NY, is it sir? How about some spell check? I'm not going to continue to argue with you over and over like an insane person. You bought inferior injectors and are not only proud of it, you are quite smug about it. Congratulations.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Staging Lane

I guess reading and spelling isn't in the curriculum over there in NY, is it sir? How about some spell check? I'm not going to continue to argue with you over and over like an insane person. You bought inferior injectors and are not only proud of it, you are quite smug about it. Congratulations.
No enlisting in the Army and defending your *** was my priority at 17. Sorry I never went to college but I know a rip when I see It and most others do too. Im done with you and your stupid comments,
Old 06-28-2011, 01:45 PM
On The Tree

Nice try, dip-****. This is 6th grade reading comprehension. I spent 6 years in the Air Force, so spare me the "I'm defending you" bullshit. I know you're done, because I'm so far ahead of you both intellectually and grammatically. Have a nice day, sir.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Staging Lane

Nice try, dip-****. This is 6th grade reading comprehension. I spent 6 years in the Air Force, so spare me the "I'm defending you" bullshit. I know you're done, because I'm so far ahead of you both intellectually and grammatically. Have a nice day, sir.
And buy the way air force man why dont you own american cars? all riceburners. Figures
Old 06-28-2011, 01:57 PM
On The Tree

Old 06-28-2011, 02:14 PM
8 Second Club

yes, they serialize each injector with its own flow bench reading. All I'm going to say is that the injector is physically modified. Tony at T1 can explain this all better than I can.

Thanks for the input. Guess I will stand by and wait. Until then, it seems that each vendor tries to sell batches of injectors which they group together by decreasing variances.
I have yet to see, or understand, how any vendor would have more resources to control PRODUCTION variance more than the OEM.
All what the vendors are doing (until shown otherwise) is test the injectors and group them based on variances. No physical change (Other than stamping a serial number) is being done. That is why they both tout the importance of their matching process. (Be it static or dynamic) Ultimately, you are paying a premium for a different (Maybe better, I don't know) form of matching.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:14 PM
7 Second Club

Having a 10 second RX7 and a car running over 190mph, you of all people should see the value of perfectly matched injectors. It's great that the brand "X" injectors flow "X" amount at 80% duty cycle, but what about idle? What about the rest of the entire RPM band?
ive done probably 30 cars on petrol, 10 big power methenol cars and countless E85 cars that have had a mixture of bosch and ID injectors, and you know what, i cant tell the difference the so called dynamic balancing does..

they all idle perfect, they all drive perfect, the methenol cars the egt's are always good across the range of cylinders or rotors,

i have had all the methenol and E85 ones on my flow bench to check them and they are always spot on.

this dynamic flowing stuff only came around in the last year or so, before that was everyone getting second rate injectors?? no you just worked with what you had so why should it be any different now?
Old 06-28-2011, 10:18 PM
7 Second Club

More misinformation. The injectors ARE modified. They are serialized and ran on a flow bench.
thats a good lot of mis information on your behalf... i have a set of 4 ID's here and a set of 4 bosch ones and there is ZERO difference to the injector, so the injectors are not modified.

here is a pic for you, 2 bosch and 2 ID's, you tell me which ones are which?

Old 06-28-2011, 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 10sec_rx7
thats a good lot of mis information on your behalf... i have a set of 4 ID's here and a set of 4 bosch ones and there is ZERO difference to the injector, so the injectors are not modified.

I would say its the 2 with the serialization done by the injector dynamics Hewlett-Packard 5710-A dual-column gas chromatograph with flame analyzation detectors.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

If you knew what you were talking about, you would know that the 1600's and 2000's have a different type of pintle, which does not get modified in the same way that the others are. They are still batched and matched together just the same.

Last edited by onefastrx7turbo; 06-28-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

ive done probably 30 cars on petrol, 10 big power methenol cars and countless E85 cars that have had a mixture of bosch and ID injectors, and you know what, i cant tell the difference the so called dynamic balancing does..
I'm confused at this statement. Are you saying you can't tell the difference between perfectly matched injectors and stock injectors which are only matched at their peak flow rates? You're kidding me, right?

this dynamic flowing stuff only came around in the last year or so, before that was everyone getting second rate injectors?? no you just worked with what you had so why should it be any different now?
Well, to be honest most ECU's couldn't do anything with the data that Injector Dynamics has anyway, so it would have been for nothing. As ECU technology increases, so does the other technology. To your point, cars used to run on carburetors, now they are direct injected. Are you saying that since we had old technology, there's no real benefit to using new technology? The reason people "worked with what they had" was because they had no choice. But, I guess you're right. Let's get rid of supercars because they are new technology and we don't need it; we got by just fine before that. Corvette ZR-1's are stupid, new technology.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:55 PM
Staging Lane

I'm confused at this statement. Are you saying you can't tell the difference between perfectly matched injectors and stock injectors which are only matched at their peak flow rates? You're kidding me, right?

Well, to be honest most ECU's couldn't do anything with the data that Injector Dynamics has anyway, so it would have been for nothing. As ECU technology increases, so does the other technology. To your point, cars used to run on carburetors, now they are direct injected. Are you saying that since we had old technology, there's no real benefit to using new technology? The reason people "worked with what they had" was because they had no choice. But, I guess you're right. Let's get rid of supercars because they are new technology and we don't need it; we got by just fine before that. Corvette ZR-1's are stupid, new technology.
just one question and then I'll be satisfied.
SO you are saying that unless you use a injector dynamics injector, one that is matched this special way, that the tunes will be inferior or impossible?
so heres the question, why does GM use a out of the box injector and run them in their flagship ZR1 and Cady CTSV. You would think that the engineers at gm would insist on using these special magic serialized injectors from ID. So would Mercedes AMG And Ferrari. Why would they buy inferior Bosch injectors when they can get ID's. If they won't buy them they must know that all this hype is something that ID made up. ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT THEY and YOU ARE NOT FOOLING ANYONE. They are just trying to justify why they cost twice as much!!! A good tuner can tune a car perfectly with any good set of injectors. I wish some would chime in here, Have a good night! And please don't answer back that my grammar is bad, no one is interested in that. They are interested in an honest answer
Old 06-29-2011, 12:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98transbum
just one question and then I'll be satisfied.
SO you are saying that unless you use a injector dynamics injector, one that is matched this special way, that the tunes will be inferior or impossible?
so heres the question, why does GM use a out of the box injector and run them in their flagship ZR1 and Cady CTSV. You would think that the engineers at gm would insist on using these special magic serialized injectors from ID. So would Mercedes AMG And Ferrari. Why would they buy inferior Bosch injectors when they can get ID's. If they won't buy them they must know that all this hype is something that ID made up. ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT THEY and YOU ARE NOT FOOLING ANYONE. They are just trying to justify why they cost twice as much!!! A good tuner can tune a car perfectly with any good set of injectors. I wish some would chime in here, Have a good night! And please don't answer back that my grammar is bad, no one is interested in that. They are interested in an honest answer
LOL. You're more of a dipshit than I thought originally. I painfully read through your post here, and the answer is simple. The reason GM and other MASS PRODUCING OEMS don't use specialized injectors is because they are MASS PRODUCING cars. When you are MASS PRODUCING something you can't use individualized parts like that. It's the same reason OEM's don't tune each vehicle individually; there's no time. GM, Dodge, Honda, Nissan, etc all know that they have a relatively large window in terms of injector flow rates from their OEM suppliers. To combat this, they simply tune the programs slightly rich to compensate for the variable flow rates of the injectors. Plus, the last time I checked, most OEM's dont use 1000, 1600 or 2000cc injectors for gasoline applications.

FYI, The new Noble M600 uses Injector Dynamics injectors as an OEM injector supplier.

Quick Reply: 160lb injectors, high vs low impedance