Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Will this work? Fuel line question

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Will this work? Fuel line question

This is the setup I'm running. I'm putting it in a '37 Chevy so I'm really wanting to go for the absolute minimalist approach.

I've been trying to research how the fuel lines run on LS motors. Is there any way I can run one fuel line up to the fuel rails and split it into a Y that would enter the back of each fuel rail and have a plug on the front of each rail or is it absolutely necessary that the front of the rails connect.

I don't want to run lines into the front of the rails, I prefer to come from the back of the motor.

I'm basically looking for the cleanest, most simple setup possible.

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 05-21-2012, 09:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it doesnt matter how they are hooked up as long as you have fuel presure on the rails..

and i hope your running a non retrun fuel system like vettes have.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:14 PM
Teching In

u can run the corvette filter/regulator setup it has a return comin out of it so ull only have one line goin up front, this is actually the setup I'm gonna run on my LS mustang..I have everything needed cept lines and fittings, hopefully someone will chime in and post a diagram so u can see what I'm talkin bout and so I can see exactly what fittings I need!! lol

Ps part number for that filter is 3737 napa auto parts have it for like 35 bucks and supposedly it's been flow tested and good to 600 HP? It's actually a cool setup for swaps like ours!
Old 05-21-2012, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So to make sure I am 100% on this, this quick diagram I made would work fine for my setup?

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 05-21-2012, 10:06 PM
Teching In

Lol awesome diagram!(non sarcastically) that's for real pretty cool. Idk what the charco and rollover valve are but other then that yulp that's how mine will be except I'm gonna run a cross over line on front of my rails
Old 05-21-2012, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hehe, yeah, I love MS paint for some quick diagrams on the intrawebs.

This is going to be a daily driver so the rollover valve keeps the fuel from coming out in case of a roll over and the charcoal canister filters the smell of gasoline from the vent tube when the car is parked in a garage.

I see most people running a crossover line. Why is this needed? What would be the advantages of connected the front of the rails with a line?

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 05-22-2012, 10:14 AM
Teching In

Ahhh I gotcha!!

And as far as the crossover line that's actually a good question, I was just gonna do it cuz the rails I got have the fittings in em already and I see everyone else runnin it...I'ma keep an eye on this thread and see what people say!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetteman61
I see most people running a crossover line. Why is this needed? What would be the advantages of connected the front of the rails with a line?

Thanks,
Brandon

Old 05-22-2012, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OK, I see. I didn't realize there was a setup available without some type of return line.

Why don't people run the setup I mentioned more often? I never see pictures of it that way but it seems that it would really clean up the engine compartments. My guess is that the more "cluttered" setups work better for high horsepower, which is mostly what the pictures of cars on this site have.

Brandon
Old 05-22-2012, 12:51 PM
FormerVendor

Your diagram is fine for up to about 550rwhp NA. We do very similar kits for swaps. I can add the "Y" for you. http://www.nastyperformance.com/shop...fuel-line-kit/

Quick Reply: Will this work? Fuel line question