Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel system info needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fuel system info needed

I'm needing some fuel system info for my Mustang LS Conversion (5.3 and 4L60E). Stock motor, maybe with a cam for now, probably will get a shot of nitrous down the road . I always like to do it right the first time so I don't end up doing it again down the road. From my build thread:

Picked up a cheap LS1 Intake

Any particular aftermarket fuel rails better than the rest? I see them on Ebay all day for less than $100/set. Was curious if those were any good or not? I'll be running them with the rest of the fuel system I already have most of.

Magnafuel MP-4303 pump and Magnafuel dual fuel pump relay setup.

Filters

Aeromotive (from Fast system) 13101 regulator

Aeromotive (from Fast system) Y-Block

Also already has in tank pick-up with AN fittings, and braided line all the way to the motor and back to the tank.

Also curious how everyone is hooking their aftermarket fuel rails up. With the Ford 5.0L, it was setup with a braided line from tank to Y-block, where it split and sent a line to the rear of each fuel rail. Then a line came off of each rail into the two sides of the regulator, with a single return line going back to the tank.

Is this the recommended setup for a LS motor? Thanks in advance for ant help you can provide.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nobody?
Old 10-28-2012, 11:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have a flow curve on that pump? (data)
talk to Lonnies or Nasty N8 or both for fuel rail. Either can set you up with all the -AN lines & braided tubing you will need.

as far as injectors some 36# on that size motor with a wet nitrous shot should do you fine. you could go 42# but what power are you looking at making and what all is done to the 5.3L ?

Also curious how everyone is hooking their aftermarket fuel rails up. With the Ford 5.0L, it was setup with a braided line from tank to Y-block, where it split and sent a line to the rear of each fuel rail. Then a line came off of each rail into the two sides of the regulator, with a single return line going back to the tank.
mine is a single feed to the drivers side front of the rail, loop to other rail in back , from passenger rail to fpr, return out of fpr.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here are the basic specs in the pump. Mine is the top one, MP-4303

Old 10-28-2012, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Found this on Yellow Bullet

Independent test of Magnafuel MP-4303
100 micron sock inlet
-10 feed, -8 return
13.8v dc

158.4gph @ 40psi
148.2gph @ 50psi
137.4gph @ 60psi
126.0gph @ 70psi
114.0gph @ 80psi

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa

as far as injectors some 36# on that size motor with a wet nitrous shot should do you fine. you could go 42# but what power are you looking at making and what all is done to the 5.3L ?
I have no idea what power I'm looking at making. I was putting a new motor in, and was doing a tubular k-member too, so what better time to make the jump to LS right? It's purely just an extra car. Not a daily driver, but I do drive it on the street a lot. Plan for now is to get the 5.3 put in, along with maybe a cam. Get it back to where I can drive it, and add to it as I go. I'm switching from the truck intake to a LS1 intake I picked up cheap. I'm need fuel rails anyway, so was just checking to make sure the $100 ones on EBAY aren't junk before I buy them.

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
mine is a single feed to the drivers side front of the rail, loop to other rail in back , from passenger rail to fpr, return out of fpr.
Is that the most common setup?

Last edited by TxFireman1972; 10-28-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

With all the parts shown above that I already have, except for fuel rails that I need to buy, this is how I'm planning on running my fuel system. Anyone else running it this way? I know some say it is overkill to go parallel, but I already have the parts, and would never need to redo it. Comments? Suggestions?

Old 11-16-2012, 04:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those rails are junk I have seen them split just putting the fittings in the end. I would not trust my fuel to that. That pump is also entire over kill and will create a ton of heat cycling back to the tank several gallons a minute. I would really tame it down for the relatively stock motor all you need is a cheap Walbro and a single Universal swap kit we offer for LS motors in other cars. I could set you up with an entire system for over 600whp for about $500 setting that pump and parts up will be thousands before it is done.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
Those rails are junk I have seen them split just putting the fittings in the end. I would not trust my fuel to that.
That is not my picture, or my fuel rails, as stated in the beginning of the post. I do already own all of the parts in the original post in this thread. I was only asking about the parallel setup.

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
That pump is also entire over kill and will create a ton of heat cycling back to the tank several gallons a minute. I would really tame it down for the relatively stock motor all you need is a cheap Walbro and a single Universal swap kit we offer for LS motors in other cars. I could set you up with an entire system for over 600whp for about $500 setting that pump and parts up will be thousands before it is done.
The pump I already own, and it is already on the car. I was running it on my Ford motor with the Vortech, with no problems. I'm not looking to buy any parts, I'm wanting to know about the best way to run my fuel lines to my fuel rails.

Quick Reply: Fuel system info needed