Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Want to Eliminate intank regulator!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 10:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Want to Eliminate intank regulator!!

How do you eliminate the intank regulator and run an external under the hood? I'm tired of this fuel pressure dropping issue!
Old 10-17-2013, 02:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Remove the pump from the tank.
The regulator is held in place by the spring clip. Push off the spring clip from the fuel pump module the regulator will fall off.
Attached Thumbnails Want to Eliminate intank regulator!!-img_1009croped.jpg   Want to Eliminate intank regulator!!-img_1010croped.jpg  
Old 11-12-2013, 09:06 AM
On The Tree

can someone explain how to completely do this, from removing the stock one and installing the underhood, with how toos and wheres etc.... ive tried to find this and get mixed results.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:44 AM

Default I understand what you're trying todo

Originally Posted by foxls1
can someone explain how to completely do this, from removing the stock one and installing the underhood, with how toos and wheres etc.... ive tried to find this and get mixed results.
I just became part of this forum because of this post. I have a 08 turbo altima and i putting a aftermarket pressure regulator in. I am doing it within the next couple days. From what I have planned is install the aftermarket first. By cutting the line before the fuel rail and mount and connect the hoses. Start the car and set your regulator at the stock pressure. Next pull your pump out. This is where I need help... if I remove the regulator what will return the extra fuel because pumps run the whole time. So I think you have to run a return lime back right? To stop pressure build up and burn the pump?
Old 03-04-2016, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Name:  FuelSysMod.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  29.1 KB
Old 03-05-2016, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Majestic9C1
So after several hours in my shop last night. I found out this is impossible to put a adjustable regulator on my altima... it is not just a static pump that runs all the time... there is no regulator at all. I took the pump apart and checked every line from the pump to my rail and it is not there.... so what do I do?
Old 03-05-2016, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

ohh yeah that diagram is for an Fbody not an Altima
Old 03-05-2016, 08:05 PM

Oh I see. Do you know If that needs to be a tune to change my fuel pressure? Or does anybody know if I do!
Old 03-06-2016, 08:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Back to the OP first post, "I'm tired of this fuel pressure dropping issue!"

Regulators dont often drop fuel pressure intermittently.

I'd be looking at the fuel pump, or an electrical issue with the fuel pump.

I'd install a fuel pressure test gauge and tape it to the outside of the windscreen.
Drive the car and monitor the fuel pressure under load as well as static and also check that it holds pressure when shut off.
Bring the results back here.

I'd say that if you change your fuel pressure, you will need to tune it some how.

Why do you need to change the fuel pressure?
Old 03-06-2016, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by RixTrix
Back to the OP first post, "I'm tired of this fuel pressure dropping issue!"

Regulators dont often drop fuel pressure intermittently.

I'd be looking at the fuel pump, or an electrical issue with the fuel pump.

I'd install a fuel pressure test gauge and tape it to the outside of the windscreen.
Drive the car and monitor the fuel pressure under load as well as static and also check that it holds pressure when shut off.
Bring the results back here.

I'd say that if you change your fuel pressure, you will need to tune it some how.

Why do you need to change the fuel pressure?
There is nothing wrong with my fuel pump or regulator... I turboed my altima and have 750cc injectors with a performance fuel rail and my pump is able to produce a pressure but the "regulator" doesn't let enough fuel pressure and it will go into limp mode because it will run super lean and my rails will not give me enough fuel. That is why I need to remove my regulator and put a performance one but my car does not have one. The "regulator" is controlled by my ecu not ran by vacume

Quick Reply: Want to Eliminate intank regulator!!