Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

best brand injectors????

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 12:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question best brand injectors????

im on the search for some upgraded injectors and came across alot of brands and all different ranges of prices i see lookin around the 42# area

Deatschwerks my turner told me about?
fast
raceronix
gm

let me know what setups you have or pros and cons of these i have mentioned and if there is more or ect let me know
Old 02-26-2014, 07:31 PM
TECH Resident

bosch, lol.

bosch.

racetronix = siemens & bosch & delphi/lucas

Fuel Injector Connection
Old 03-01-2014, 05:35 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

We have many brands available for good prices. It all depends on your setup. Let us know if we can get you in a set!
Old 03-01-2014, 06:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I run Bosh 42's with a Racetronix pump and hotwire kit...works great!
Old 03-01-2014, 06:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No such thing as a "best" brand when it comes to cars. If there was truely a best, nobody would use anything else.

OEM style injectors are going to be the most reliable. Bosch, Siemens, and Delphi are all good choices because of this.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dustind6327
im on the search for some upgraded injectors and came across alot of brands and all different ranges of prices i see lookin around the 42# area

Deatschwerks my turner told me about?
fast
raceronix
gm

let me know what setups you have or pros and cons of these i have mentioned and if there is more or ect let me know
Originally Posted by HexenLord
No such thing as a "best" brand when it comes to cars. If there was truely a best, nobody would use anything else.

OEM style injectors are going to be the most reliable. Bosch, Siemens, and Delphi are all good choices because of this.
I sorta beg to differ. There are brands that I think are more reliable because they are flow tested before going out the door. There are some good injectors out there that are priced very well but they are not flow tested. I have seen some of the bulk injectors that we get in that weren't flow tested and then tested and some were not within tolerance. So when we sell the "cheaper" injectors, we always suggest to the customer to have them "tested" or a cylinder can go boom on the dyno.

The ones we recommend and carry are the FAST and Deatschwerks since they are flow tested and are within 1-2%, although we carry other brands also.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Accel 44lb/hr here and love them.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by coSPEED
I sorta beg to differ. There are brands that I think are more reliable because they are flow tested before going out the door. There are some good injectors out there that are priced very well but they are not flow tested. I have seen some of the bulk injectors that we get in that weren't flow tested and then tested and some were not within tolerance. So when we sell the "cheaper" injectors, we always suggest to the customer to have them "tested" or a cylinder can go boom on the dyno.

The ones we recommend and carry are the FAST and Deatschwerks since they are flow tested and are within 1-2%, although we carry other brands also.
I've had FAST injectors go bad on me. Never used DW injectors. There's a difference between reliable and flow tested. The flow tested ones will obviously be more accurate. OEM style injectors have been put through many many many more trials that most aftermarket injectors have and usually outlast the others, even if they don't 100% match the advertised flow. Delphi is extremely bad for this in my experience. I had some 96 LB delphi injectors that when tested, were off by as much as 12%. They were cleaned before testing, but also had over 100k miles on them. Not something that can often be said by most aftermarket injectors.

I said 'most'.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HexenLord
I've had FAST injectors go bad on me. Never used DW injectors. There's a difference between reliable and flow tested. The flow tested ones will obviously be more accurate. OEM style injectors have been put through many many many more trials that most aftermarket injectors have and usually outlast the others, even if they don't 100% match the advertised flow. Delphi is extremely bad for this in my experience. I had some 96 LB delphi injectors that when tested, were off by as much as 12%. They were cleaned before testing, but also had over 100k miles on them. Not something that can often be said by most aftermarket injectors.

I said 'most'.
Of course no product is 100%. But when I do injectors, my money is on the ones tested and flowed by the mfg. That's a guarantee right there that I want to see.
I agree, stock injectors have shown to last longer when used what they are intended for as opposed to aftermarket used in high HP applications. So yeah, there is a difference but for reasons.
FYI, the FAST and DW are based off stock OEM type injectors, so my money goes to them.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:41 PM
Teching In

There are a lot of good choices. I'm personally going with Injector Dynamics. Plug n Play data available right off their webpage, etc. Downside is cost, if you're looking budget friendly.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:44 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

There are more downsides than that.
Deatchwerks or FIC. Even though we sell the ID we would much rather get you into either of those 2.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can i ask why you don't like the ID? I have a set if ID850's for my ls7 build and i got them because they were a direct fit and have been fully mapped. I don't have them installed and just curious why u don't recommend them?
Old 03-05-2014, 09:12 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Almost every injector out there has been "fully mapped" so to speak. Some of the parameters they want changed dont really do a whole lot.
Some of the IDs are not genuine products like the say. And I have had quite a few problems getting some of theirs to idle correctly. They are overpriced also. Some of them are drilled like junk too. Spray patterns all off. Of course you will never know because once they are installed you cannot see.

I have used a set of resized LS2s to replace some IDs and after resetting all the fuel parameters, only had a few tables to change and they idled so much better.

People follow them because of the propaganda they put out quite a while ago.
I have first hand experience and would rather offer something else.

Quick Reply: best brand injectors????