Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Where to get vacuum for FPR?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 06:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Where to get vacuum for FPR?

Where are you guys getting a vacum source for your external FPR's? Are you T'ing in somewhere?
Old 02-23-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan to pull mine off the vent port on the driver's side of the intake.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why do you need to run a vacume line i was told not to hook my vacume line to it cause the ls1 needed 58psi all the time and with my line hooked up it ran at 45 psi at idle and full throttle 58psi what am i suppose to do? sorry to interfere with the post but thanks
Old 02-23-2005, 11:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by flippincamaro
why do you need to run a vacume line i was told not to hook my vacume line to it cause the ls1 needed 58psi all the time and with my line hooked up it ran at 45 psi at idle and full throttle 58psi what am i suppose to do? sorry to interfere with the post but thanks
LT1s call for 45 at idle. Thats why the FPR has a vacuum port on it.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:24 PM
TECH Veteran

From what I understand, all external FPR's need a vacum source, that's why they have the nipple for it. LS-1's do need 58 psi, but not all the time. The vacum will lower that when installed. As long as your car is seeing the 58 psi under load, it is correct. 58 psi is the MAX FP. Not a sustained pressure.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by John_D.
I plan to pull mine off the vent port on the driver's side of the intake.
John, are you talking about the one behind the TB on the drivers side? I was looking there also.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

unless you have changed you IFR table the ls1 looks for a 58 psi rail pressure at all times.

However, most people don't install regulators on these motors without FI or big n20 shots.

Ryan
Old 02-24-2005, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
John, are you talking about the one behind the TB on the drivers side? I was looking there also.
That's the one.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slow
unless you have changed you IFR table the ls1 looks for a 58 psi rail pressure at all times.

However, most people don't install regulators on these motors without FI or big n20 shots.

Ryan
Yes, the ifr table has a ramp to it, to account for vacuum trying to suck the fuel out of the injectors at idle, and no vacuum assist at WOT. That's with a constant fuel psi.

If you run a stock (i.e. 97 vette) fpr, then the fuel pressure will be less at idle, and more at wot. That compensates for the vacuum (or lack of it) seen at outlet side of the injector nozzle. Then you have to flatten out the ifr table. (that's if you have the vacuum port hooked up on the fpr...)
Old 02-24-2005, 11:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, the ifr table has a ramp to it, to account for vacuum trying to suck the fuel out of the injectors at idle, and no vacuum assist at WOT. That's with a constant fuel psi.

If you run a stock (i.e. 97 vette) fpr, then the fuel pressure will be less at idle, and more at wot. That compensates for the vacuum (or lack of it) seen at outlet side of the injector nozzle. Then you have to flatten out the ifr table. (that's if you have the vacuum port hooked up on the fpr...)
I dont plan on running mine like that for the motor alone. I plan on running a big dry kit, and its basically an old Mustang dry kit setup. But im trying to picture how you are using that vacuum port on the drivers side of the intake behind the TB to connect with the post. I actually dont need mine for motor, i need mine for nitrous only when activated at WOT. I know my NOS spiker comes with a tee fitting. I need to send the pill side to the regulator vacuum port to precisely measure the amount that it sees to add fuel pressure. Does that make sense? I dont see another line basically that is on this hole in the intake you are talking about that I can tee into. Maybe im ignorant at this time...its still early in the AM for me!

Mike
Old 02-24-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

sp with my 2001 ls1 with a inline pump and fpr should i put a vacume line on the nipple. or leave it the way it is and have 58psi all the time? thanks kenny
Old 02-24-2005, 02:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

sp with my 2001 ls1 with a inline pump and fpr should i put a vacume line on the nipple. or leave it the way it is and have 58psi all the time? thanks kenny
If its NA and not a power adder like a blower or turbo then yes. But you'd want to hook a dry kit with the boost referenced regulator to add fuel by FP.

Mike
Old 02-24-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by slow

Ryan
I'm doing a whole new fuel system, so I have to have a regulator for pressure.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
But im trying to picture how you are using that vacuum port on the drivers side of the intake behind the TB to connect with the post....

I dont see another line basically that is on this hole in the intake you are talking about that I can tee into.
You could use either side. The pcv or the vent. The pcv might be easier. Either one, you'll have to cut the line and splice into it. I replaced my pcv side with all rubber hose. The vent side is hard nylon, so it would probably be more difficult to tie into than the pcv side.

I know what you mean about getting it setup for a dry kit. I ran a dry kit on the v6, with the stock fpr setup that was on it. (all the way up to a 150 shot)
Old 02-24-2005, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the help but i am confused about the yes i had kinda two ?s so i confused myself. so i should leave it at 58psi all the time no vacume to it since it is na and no nitrous. thanks
Old 02-25-2005, 04:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

You could use either side. The pcv or the vent. The pcv might be easier. Either one, you'll have to cut the line and splice into it. I replaced my pcv side with all rubber hose. The vent side is hard nylon, so it would probably be more difficult to tie into than the pcv side.

I know what you mean about getting it setup for a dry kit. I ran a dry kit on the v6, with the stock fpr setup that was on it. (all the way up to a 150 shot)
My cars not a V6...Just might look like one in street trim form

Mike