Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Is there any difference between the racetronix pump and a plain walbro 255?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 09:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default racetronix

so - if i understand correctly -

kit for $229 supports approx 600 rwhp
with booster supports approx 700+ rwhp

1) do these "guidelines" apply for turbo boosted applications?

2) for turbo applications racetronix recommends a MSD since it is boost referenced vs the KB?

3) can we buy a dual pumper from racetronix directly and do you have a link to its specs/price?
Old 08-18-2007, 10:11 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The single pump is generally good for 550-600rwhp depending on the amount of fuel pressure you need.

The volt boosters will definitely increase your output. The output will depend on the max voltage setting of the booster.

Once you approach 700, I would seriously consider the dual intank setup.
I currently build these setups for Racetronix. These kits have the capability to support over 1000rwhp if the rest of your system is up to the task.

Feel free to call if you need one of these for your application.
For more information, I can be reached at (724)322-8505.
The best time to contact me for tech support is 7:00pm-11:00pm eastern time weekdays & 9:00am-11:00pm weekends.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:17 PM
10 Second Club

tell ya what the single pump alone cannot keep up my 525 rwhp. i had to add the msd bap and had that turned all the way it and it still would drop 3-4 lbs under w.o.t.

lonnie i'd like you to quote me a double pump system fo rmy car, my pump was dropping down to damn near 30 lbs at redline. i have a fuel press reg and supply/return lines.

I havent been with this racetronix pump at all since day 1, my stock pump with inline trex pump never made my guage move.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default is this an exception or the rule

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
tell ya what the single pump alone cannot keep up my 525 rwhp. i had to add the msd bap and had that turned all the way it and it still would drop 3-4 lbs under w.o.t.
so what do others experience? one person says 700+ with booster and actual experience is 525 with booster?

now i'm back to being confused again.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:17 AM
10 Second Club

when i had my stock pump with my Trex inline fuel pump. my fuel press was rock steady under w.o.t

This racetronix simply cannot keep up and never has, i have their full plug n play kit, and added the msd bap. it still drops pressure under load. from 63 lb down to 50 then dips to 40 when its cold, as the pump gets hotter it gets worse.

To say i'm disappointed with Racetronix is an understatement.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Launching!

I'm also having that problem of pressure dropping
when i had my stock pump with my Trex inline fuel pump. my fuel press was rock steady under w.o.t

This racetronix simply cannot keep up and never has, i have their full plug n play kit, and added the msd bap. it still drops pressure under load. from 63 lb down to 50 then dips to 40 when its cold, as the pump gets hotter it gets worse.

Old 08-19-2007, 02:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

This usually has nothing to do with the pump and everything to do with the regulator's location. If you read the tech note at the bottom of our ad here it may help you:

http://www.racetronix.com/RX-C5-FPK-2.html

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 08-19-2007, 02:12 PM
10 Second Club

nothing wrong with how my regulator is hooked up or its location. Plus i don't own a C5. I can verify that with the sponsor that installed it for me.

your pump although advertized for 600 rwhp without a bap and 700 rwhp with a bap is failing with a simple forced induction setup on a f body.

Its not like I'm the only one who has experienced this problem either.

If you are so confident in your product send me a new pump and I'll send you back mine and we'll see if that clears up the problem.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:17 PM
10 Second Club

In addition since you didnt know have a phone no for product support and we emailed you about this and never heard a response. Not the first time I heard about that either.

So I'm stuck with a pump that doesn't keep with the demand even though its advertized to.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just installed my racetronix pump and wiring harness and it is the ****. Easy installation.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Launching!

I have also emailed and have not heard anything back. My car is only making 430 RWHP and pressure is dropping from 62 down to 52 at WOT and stays there all the way down the track. Mine still has the factory fuel system besides 42lb injectors and the racetronics pump. I'm also not happy with it. I also have a set of aftermarket fuel rails. Should I put my factory fuel rails back on? Do factory rails on a f body also have a secondary fuel pressure regulator on them?

Last edited by 1_bad_ss; 08-19-2007 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:22 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To clarify, the LS1 F-body rails do not have a regulator in them, so they are not causing any pressure issues.

The fuel lines can cause a few psi drop in very high HP applications that the rear mounted regulator can not compensate for, no matter what pump you are using. If you want stable pressure at the motor, you must control the pressure at the motor.

As for power ratings, I generally recommend 550rwhp on a single pump, but have personally seen 600rwhp on a few. This is with the hot wire kit & I do not recommend installing a pump without the wiring upgrade.

Yes, there will be a drop due to the lines of approx 5# or so at this level. If it drops much further, it can be attributed to a few things listed below:

If trying to run an overly rich mixture..... remember the difference between 11:1 & 10:1 air fuel ratio is an additional 10% fuel that the pump has to supply. 1 point of fuel mixture can be the difference in being able to feed 550 vs. 600rwhp.

Improper connection of the in-tank fuel hose is probably the biggest problem I have seen. Either improperly clamping the new hose (both too tight that pinches the hose causing a leak or obviously leaving it too loose) or more common is putting a knife cut in the plastic fitting on the fuel bucket when removing the old hose will create a substantial internal tank fuel leak that will cause a big pressure drop. If your pressure quickly drops when you turn the engine off, one of these may be your problem.

I'm not saying that any one of these things are specifically problems of anyone posting above, but I have proven these few issues to be the majority of the troubles I have come across.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

nothing wrong with how my regulator is hooked up or its location. Plus i don't own a C5. I can verify that with the sponsor that installed it for me.

your pump although advertized for 600 rwhp without a bap and 700 rwhp with a bap is failing with a simple forced induction setup on a f body.

You have come to some misguided conclusions in your post which we hope to clarify given the opportunity. For every one person such as yourself there are hundreds out there who never post or for that matter get on the forums who are enjoying the trouble-free use of our fuel systems. More often than not it is installer error or improper application that causes problems. Remember all pumps are QC'd at the factory before they are shipped out.

The LS1 f-body cars share some of the same fuel system parts and problems that the C5's do so our C5 ad statement is valid.

HP support must be approximated as each build is different. NA cars will produce much more HP for the same volume of fuel than FI cars will. Our ad states " Tests in the field have proven the Racetronix F99+ system will support upwards of 600RWHP and 700RWTQ in some applications."

Your fuel pressure, motor B.S.F.C. and A/F are most likely the problem.
This is assuming the installation was done properly, the fuel system is healthy and the configuration is correct.

Please e-mail support@racetronix.com or contact one of our dealers with the following information:

- All of your contact info
- Your installer's contact info
- A detailed description of your fuel system configuration and problem(s)
- Your true RWHP (Dynojet or Mustang)
- Base fuel pressure static or boost referenced w/ratio (mechanical gauge readings only please)
- Vehicle voltage and BAP voltage under WOT
- Injector type & size
- Max injector pulse width under WOT

The more info we have up front the faster we can help. If you have run your pump out of gas at any time let us know. Leaving out key bits of info will only impede the diagnosis.

Do not leave the subject line in your e-mail blank or put simple things like "problem" as it will be blocked by most SPAM filters. Put the part number and application in the subject line at a minimum.

We would appreciate returning this thread to the subject at hand. LS1Tech is a great forum but Racetronix and our dealers must deal one on one with each customer for effective support.

Thanks for your co-operation and understanding.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 08-20-2007, 09:27 AM
Launching!

PM SENT
Originally Posted by Racetronix

You have come to some misguided conclusions in your post which we hope to clarify given the opportunity. For every one person such as yourself there are hundreds out there who never post or for that matter get on the forums who are enjoying the trouble-free use of our fuel systems. More often than not it is installer error or improper application that causes problems. Remember all pumps are QC'd at the factory before they are shipped out.

The LS1 f-body cars share some of the same fuel system parts and problems that the C5's do so our C5 ad statement is valid.

HP support must be approximated as each build is different. NA cars will produce much more HP for the same volume of fuel than FI cars will. Our ad states " Tests in the field have proven the Racetronix F99+ system will support upwards of 600RWHP and 700RWTQ in some applications."

Your fuel pressure, motor B.S.F.C. and A/F are most likely the problem.
This is assuming the installation was done properly, the fuel system is healthy and the configuration is correct.

Please e-mail support@racetronix.com or contact one of our dealers with the following information:

- All of your contact info
- Your installer's contact info
- A detailed description of your fuel system configuration and problem(s)
- Your true RWHP (Dynojet or Mustang)
- Base fuel pressure static or boost referenced w/ratio (mechanical gauge readings only please)
- Vehicle voltage and BAP voltage under WOT
- Injector type & size
- Max injector pulse width under WOT

The more info we have up front the faster we can help. If you have run your pump out of gas at any time let us know. Leaving out key bits of info will only impede the diagnosis.

Do not leave the subject line in your e-mail blank or put simple things like "problem" as it will be blocked by most SPAM filters. Put the part number and application in the subject line at a minimum.

We would appreciate returning this thread to the subject at hand. LS1Tech is a great forum but Racetronix and our dealers must deal one on one with each customer for effective support.

Thanks for your co-operation and understanding.

Quick Reply: Is there any difference between the racetronix pump and a plain walbro 255?