Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

What's the deal Nate (Nasty Performance)

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the deal Nate (Nasty Performance)

Won't return my calls? You had told me this fuel setup would make 900rwhp when I purchased it from you. Some of the vet's are telling me there isin't a chance? You told a lot of us here it would handle big power. I have the weldon a600 with 83lb injectors. An explanation is owed, as I will be testing the limits here shortly.

angelo
Old 05-10-2006, 12:48 AM
FormerVendor

Well Angelo I was at the Hospital all day with a dog that broke her leg and at a class all evening 5:30-10PM I had planned to give you a call in the morning when you called me at 6:12 PM I did not think that was during shop hours anyway. The 600A pump is good for 900hp will make make that # flywheel not rearwheel I never tell anyone it will make 900rwhp I have seen it make anywhere from 730-840rwhp blown depending on the car and tuning. Call me in the morning and in the future I would appreciate giving me more than 2 1/2 hours to call you back before bringing it up on the internet like I have been ignoring you for months.

http://www.nastyperformance.com/FuelSystems.html

Have a great evening I will get some sleep.

Nate
Old 05-10-2006, 07:44 AM
Coal Mining Director

That's a nice fuel system. A DEE O if you want an approximate engine hp capacity of the pump go here: http://www.weldonracing.com/600a_chart.html

then go to the blue line and match it to the fuel pressure that you will run. Pick that number and x 12 will give you an approximate engine hp. For example: 40 psi = 75gal/hr

75 x 12 = 900 engine hp capacity. Obviously, as the pressure goes up the hp capacity goes down.

If you're installing twin GT40's I would install another A600 for safety( One A600 will not handle the potential of twin GT40's...that's a LOT of HP)....Nate has a nice set-up for that too.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:14 AM
9 Second Club

Angelo, I am having the same issue with my Weldon 600a. I am not able to maintain fuel pressure at 602 rwhp. I called Nate and left him a message but I ended up catching him when he just got there and we talked it out. I have to send my 600a back to weldon. While Im not to happy about sending back at my own cost I am going to do it. Nate assured me we will get it all fixed. I say just give him enuff time to work with you and you will be happy. I do know for a fact that the limits of one 600a is about 730 rwhp. Which slowhawk proved with PurEvl's car. Thats why I am thinking its the pump along with myself purchasing 60# motorons to maintain the HP level I am at. I figure I should be able to make 650 to the wheels with no fueling issues at all. But time will tell. I just hope its not this fuelab regulator. But I have to go with his suggestions since its his fuel setup. And Im sure he knows what going on with them
Old 05-10-2006, 12:26 PM
SSU Moderator

I was under the impression that HP rating on most fuel pumps is a) flywheel, and b) NA. Meaning the BSFC is different than that of FI. So, 900hp na becomes considerably less RWHP under FI...like say 600-700 depending on pressure. Why not go totally overkill anyway? What's one extra pump? Dual 600's would work fine.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:41 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by RyanJ
I was under the impression that HP rating on most fuel pumps is a) flywheel, and b) NA. Meaning the BSFC is different than that of FI. So, 900hp na becomes considerably less RWHP under FI...like say 600-700 depending on pressure. Why not go totally overkill anyway? What's one extra pump? Dual 600's would work fine.
The rating on that pump should be enuff to handle 700 rwhp no problem.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:56 PM
FormerVendor

It should handle at least 700rwhp and he is not having an issue with the pump not making enough he is worried when he ups the boost he will not have enough. But I have not talked to him so I do not know how far he wants to go. He has had his pump and fuel system for about a year and it has supplied his turbo setup fine so far.

Nate
Old 05-10-2006, 04:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by A DEE O
Won't return my calls? You had told me this fuel setup would make 900rwhp when I purchased it from you. Some of the vet's are telling me there isin't a chance? You told a lot of us here it would handle big power. I have the weldon a600 with 83lb injectors. An explanation is owed, as I will be testing the limits here shortly.

angelo

I am in the same boat. I asked for a fuel system to support 800RWHP and mine barely maintained 750. I think that is only because I insisted on upgrading to the RC 753 injectors against Nate's recommendation of the Motron 60's. If it were not for the larger injector, Allan Futral would not have been able to give it the fuel it needed up top.

Don't get me completely wrong here. I was happy with the components I got from Nate and he helped promptly when I got some of the wrong fittings, but I really did not want to have to run my fuel system to the absolute max to make my power goal. I let it be known when I called, that is was for a low compression 408 with the F1 Procharger boosting at about 20psi.

Now, if I want to add any more power, I have to upgrade the fuel system again. That means I have to buy a lot more fittings, lines and a pump and pull it all back apart and put it back together. That is something I was not wanting to do so soon after getting it running.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:38 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
It should handle at least 700rwhp and he is not having an issue with the pump not making enough he is worried when he ups the boost he will not have enough. But I have not talked to him so I do not know how far he wants to go. He has had his pump and fuel system for about a year and it has supplied his turbo setup fine so far.

Nate
I really think hes going to need another pump. Im sure you feel the same way. Thats alot of RWHP for one pump. Especially if your running around on the street.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Banned

Well Angelo I was at the Hospital all day with a dog that broke her leg and at a class all evening 5:30-10PM I had planned to give you a call in the morning when you called me at 6:12 PM I did not think that was during shop hours anyway. The 600A pump is good for 900hp will make make that # flywheel not rearwheel I never tell anyone it will make 900rwhp I have seen it make anywhere from 730-840rwhp blown depending on the car and tuning. Call me in the morning and in the future I would appreciate giving me more than 2 1/2 hours to call you back before bringing it up on the internet like I have been ignoring you for months.

http://www.nastyperformance.com/FuelSystems.html

Have a great evening I will get some sleep.

Nate
I had called you three times in the last couple weeks, before yesterday? Each time you let your phone ring 19times before your message.

Anyway, do you have a solution to my problem, I am shooting for atleast 900rwhp.

Thank You
Old 05-10-2006, 06:27 PM
Coal Mining Director

There's 1000 ways to skin a cat. Look at the flow curve of that pump. If you set it at 3bar and do not boost reference it should handle 765 RWHP pretty easy.

If you set it at 4bar (58psi) and boost reference it for a turbo car (which loves fuel) and run 16psi, that pump is only "safe" to 650-675rwhp. It may do a little more since BSFC is different from set-up to set-up. But if I was using it in a boosted ls1 that I wanted to be "conservative safe" with, I'd run one up to 650rwhp and stage in a second A600 for anything over that. Pumps wear, filters get dirty, the world's not perfect...build in a cushion or risk $$$.

My Walbro with a KB Boost-A-Pump was "supposed" to be good to 700rwhp. I checked it after 2 months on a dyno and I was dangerously lean at 600rwhp...try 14:1 AF....could have popped an engine.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:39 PM
FormerVendor

We do we can add a second pump to your system. Does your tank have 2 outlets on the sump? get me all the parts inthe system what filters are inline and size of the hose and I can figure out exactly all the fittings and Y-blocks we will need to add the second pump inline.

Nate
Old 05-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Banned

i wasn't really pleased with what nate did for me either really, i asked for a -10 feed line, and a "Y" to split fuel into each rail, he sent me -8 feed line and a bunch of 90* fittings to run the fuel in on rail, and back out the other inline. not what i asked for at all, i just took it upon myself to get the 3 or 4 other fittings i needed and finished it myself and used the other 3 that he sent me for my nitrous fuel setup. oh well, it's only a $2k fuel system, why shoudl anyone expect to get what they pay for....or what they ask for for that matter.

onfire...regarding your "cushin".... i think the problem at hand here is that nate told people (including myself) that the fuel system would handle 8xxRWHP with ease. i went ahead and got one of the bigger weldons and sold my 600a, but the problem here is that these people were told one thing, and it just isn't true.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:58 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
i wasn't really pleased with what nate did for me either really, i asked for a -10 feed line, and a "Y" to split fuel into each rail, he sent me -8 feed line and a bunch of 90* fittings to run the fuel in on rail, and back out the other inline. not what i asked for at all, i just took it upon myself to get the 3 or 4 other fittings i needed and finished it myself and used the other 3 that he sent me for my nitrous fuel setup. oh well, it's only a $2k fuel system, why shoudl anyone expect to get what they pay for....or what they ask for for that matter.

onfire...regarding your "cushin".... i think the problem at hand here is that nate told people (including myself) that the fuel system would handle 8xxRWHP with ease. i went ahead and got one of the bigger weldons and sold my 600a, but the problem here is that these people were told one thing, and it just isn't true.
I have only sold a handfull of setups with a Y into the rails and would be more than happy to do so. I do not remember your situation and would have loved the input and the chance to fix your issues. I am thinking this is some of my problems I can not build every situation I sell things I need a little fedback as to how it works out or doesn't. We have seen a couple race cog drive blower cars that made 800and 840rwhp on a Mustang Dyno and I have seen a couple guys that only made 730-750 rwhp on a Dyno Jet every car is different and has different fuel requirements. Most people ask me for a quiet 90% street system to handle there power. The 600A is the best pump I have used yet to handle just that. I need your guys input on this stuff especially if you have a problem with what I put together for you. I am an easy guy and am more than willing to help fix any situation. Help me out here.

Nate
Old 05-11-2006, 06:50 AM
9 Second Club

Well I feel that my fuel system was complete. I got what I asked for. The only fitting missing was the plug for the tank. Everything else was there. I just hope once I do this pump swap I will be able to support the rwhp I am currently making(And more). If not Im sure Nate will help me out with what I need as best as he can. My fuel system took a long time to get here but I was informed of the situations, And when it finally got here I was happy. No one is perfect! But just by looking at the flow chart I knew before I bought the pump that it will not support that much HP. That being said my buddie currently runs a noisy *** weldon pump in his 900 RWHP Viper. The pump is so loud you can here it over his exhaust. When he saw my car complete for the first time last night he could not believe how quiet it was. Just a example of how loud a race pump will be. It could be worse. He could be one of the sponsors in the past that pumped out alot of products and just left it at that and everyone high and dry. He is not doing that and is helping everyone on a case by case basis. Just seems to me this all came up at the same time. Myself included.

Joe
Old 05-11-2006, 07:06 AM
Coal Mining Director

Nate's providing a great service to the LS1 crowd. Very nice packages at good prices. Boost referenced cars just greatly lower the output of electric fuel pumps. A600 is a nice pump.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:05 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks guys I am doing my best and always looking to improve. It will get better and better the more we see good products.

Nate
Old 05-11-2006, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

Nate has always been helpful with me on the phone, while I have not ordered a fuel system or intake from him in the future I plan to get one of his tanks to supliment my current system and have him build me a sheetmetal intake.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

We do we can add a second pump to your system. Does your tank have 2 outlets on the sump? get me all the parts inthe system what filters are inline and size of the hose and I can figure out exactly all the fittings and Y-blocks we will need to add the second pump inline.

Nate
So if you are going to run two pumps, do you need two outlets on the sump? Is there another way? I only have one outlet on my tank from you. Can I still add another pump without adding a second outlet to the sump?
Old 05-11-2006, 02:06 PM
FormerVendor

Ya we can use a Y-fitting into the 2 pumps.

Nate