Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

HELP ASAP! 98 T/A Racetronix wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP ASAP! 98 T/A Racetronix wiring harness

I just got my racetronix fuel pump in yesterday and i installed the pump last night. i attempted to install the wiring harness but i don't know exactly how to do it, could somebody please send me some instructions as to how to install the harness, thanks in advance!!!
Old 07-04-2006, 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

did they forget to send you your instruction sheet ? if so e-mail them and they'll send one to you.best i can remember it's pretty straight forward.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:38 PM
On The Tree

I got the instruction for the in tank part but not for the wiring harness. it's for a 98, the year that came with a metal tank, and the wiring on top of the pump is different than the pics i could find here, they're all plastic tanks
Old 07-04-2006, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

oh,ok.i couldn't remember if the harness just plugged in back there or what.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:31 PM
TECH Resident

does the kit come with instructions for the wiring harness or do you just go off of the picture that is on their webpage?
Old 07-04-2006, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

i'll check their webpage now for some pics cause they didn't send me instructions for the wiring harness
Old 07-04-2006, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

i found pics and it looks like i have the right harness but there are still some plugs that dont match up to the car, has anyone ever done this wiring harness install on a 1998 f-body (metal tank)? even the wiring is totally different fromm 99+ f-bodies
Old 07-04-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

I have a 98 and followed these instructions sent to me from Racetronix. Their reply is in quotes.

"Please take the time to look at the wiring on the car before you start the installation. It should all become very clear to you. The connectors on the Racetronix harness are unique to the sending unit only. Everything plugs in and ALL the power terminals are labeled.

Mount the relay and spiked chassis ground lug in front of the DS rear tire using the factory bolt as shown in here:

http://www.racetronix.com/product/RX.../Dcp_1169a.jpg

Clean mating the surface and the bolt with a wire brush to expose clean metal and apply a generous amount of silicone grease supplied to prevent corrosion. Plug the harness into the chassis and the fuel module into the Racetronix harness. Insert the connector locks (F98=red, F99+=blue). Route the harness along with the fuel lines under the car. Secure the harness every 12" with the supplied wire ties. The harness power source may be hooked to the alternator's + output (best) or the + battery terminal. (If you chose to use the battery as a power source run the harness over the top of the transmission housing and up the PS inner front fender well) Route the harness such that it does not rub on any sharp surfaces or come to close to any hot exhaust pipes. Mount the fuse holder with the supplied self tapping SS screw in a location where access is possible if required. Hook the harness + power to the alternator output stud OR the battery + terminal using the supplied brass battery. The factory battery nuts are removed by pressing them out from behind the terminal boots.

http://www.racetronix.com/images/C4/..._Hookup-01.jpg

Install the body ground upgrade cable. One end hooks up to battery - and the other end to chassis ground. The screw on top of the battery nut is considered the accessory tap. These are installed after the nuts are secured to the battery.

The extra connector set included with the system is to interface a pump booster if required. The mating connector on the harness is located just after the relay.

Please note that this product is intended for installation by a qualified person ONLY. If a customer buys the product for the intent of DIY then it is assumed that he/she has the qualifications, experience and equipment to properly deal with the installation of the system. Working with fuel and electrical is not something that should be attempted by an inexperienced person who does not have proper training especially in the area of safety.

If you do not feel comfortable installing this system we suggest you take it to a qualified technician."
Old 07-04-2006, 07:01 PM
On The Tree

alright,thanks for the info man, did you have any of the stock wires left unplugged? the harness under my drivers side floor board doesn't look exactly like the one in that first picture, was this the same situation you had?
Old 07-11-2006, 07:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

thats weird isnt it suppose to be plug and play?
Old 07-16-2006, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MadMike329
alright,thanks for the info man, did you have any of the stock wires left unplugged? the harness under my drivers side floor board doesn't look exactly like the one in that first picture, was this the same situation you had?
How did things work out for you?I was going to purchase this product because it's PNP but sounds like there's more to it than that.Maybe would be easier to purchase the stock gm pump that must be a straight swap.....I would think.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dlandsvZ28
I have a 98 and followed these instructions sent to me from Racetronix. Their reply is in quotes.

"Please take the time to look at the wiring on the car before you start the installation. It should all become very clear to you. The connectors on the Racetronix harness are unique to the sending unit only. Everything plugs in and ALL the power terminals are labeled.

Mount the relay and spiked chassis ground lug in front of the DS rear tire using the factory bolt as shown in here:

http://www.racetronix.com/product/RX.../Dcp_1169a.jpg

Clean mating the surface and the bolt with a wire brush to expose clean metal and apply a generous amount of silicone grease supplied to prevent corrosion. Plug the harness into the chassis and the fuel module into the Racetronix harness. Insert the connector locks (F98=red, F99+=blue). Route the harness along with the fuel lines under the car. Secure the harness every 12" with the supplied wire ties. The harness power source may be hooked to the alternator's + output (best) or the + battery terminal. (If you chose to use the battery as a power source run the harness over the top of the transmission housing and up the PS inner front fender well) Route the harness such that it does not rub on any sharp surfaces or come to close to any hot exhaust pipes. Mount the fuse holder with the supplied self tapping SS screw in a location where access is possible if required. Hook the harness + power to the alternator output stud OR the battery + terminal using the supplied brass battery. The factory battery nuts are removed by pressing them out from behind the terminal boots.

http://www.racetronix.com/images/C4/..._Hookup-01.jpg

Install the body ground upgrade cable. One end hooks up to battery - and the other end to chassis ground. The screw on top of the battery nut is considered the accessory tap. These are installed after the nuts are secured to the battery.

The extra connector set included with the system is to interface a pump booster if required. The mating connector on the harness is located just after the relay.

Please note that this product is intended for installation by a qualified person ONLY. If a customer buys the product for the intent of DIY then it is assumed that he/she has the qualifications, experience and equipment to properly deal with the installation of the system. Working with fuel and electrical is not something that should be attempted by an inexperienced person who does not have proper training especially in the area of safety.

If you do not feel comfortable installing this system we suggest you take it to a qualified technician."

what exacty do u mean by this what is it for

Quick Reply: HELP ASAP! 98 T/A Racetronix wiring harness