Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Speed INC fuel rail kit, what else is needed?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool Speed INC fuel rail kit, what else is needed?

I see they make a complete plug and play kit. But will I need a fuel pressure regulator or fuel pressure gauge with this setup?
Old 07-17-2007, 10:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You shouldnt need one, as long as your regulator in teh tank is working.

But, I had a FPG on the rail and thats how I found out mine WASNT working as I was reading 72PSI.. (only thing we could come up as of why it was soo high) So, instead of dropping the tank and putting another stocker in, I went with the adjustable regulator route so I backed it down to ~58psi and good to go!
Old 07-18-2007, 08:34 AM
Launching!

When I spoke to Jon at Speed Inc he told me that the high flow kit comes with everything including quick disconnect and braided line to couple to the fuel hard line.

The budget kit connects to the factory rubber fuel line so it doesn't have the braided line or quick connect.

I bought the high flow kit and added the FPG. You will have to find a 1/8 to 3/8 npt reducer to attach the Speed Inc FPG to the high flow lines if you go that route. If you buy their budget kit it is sized for the 1/8 FPG.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Banned

Correct, Harold - some people would also do a -6 male to -6 female with a 1/8 NPT port on the side for a gauge - btw I went to the post office last night with that extra length of hose.

If you buy RGR500 (Our rails) and RGR501 (Install Kit) it has everything you need besides a little elbow grease to assemble the lines. This is for a returnless system.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Banned

Our rails are 3/8" NPT, so if you need to run a regulator, we have the adapter fitting to couple the regulator directly to the RH rail outlet.

So......factory quick connect on LH factory hard fuel supply line, braided line feeding LH front rail, crossing over in back, and the RH front would be plugged if want the factory regulator to operate as stock. If you want to run an external regulator, we would attach it to the RH front outlet, then return it back to the tank out of the bottom port (most) of the regulator.

So for rails use part number RGR500. The install kit with everything needed to have the stock in-tank regulator operate as stock, is RGR501. If you will be running an aftermarket regulator, just let us know, and we can supply the correct adapter(s) to couple it to the RH rail outlet.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Launching!

I actually bought the 1/8 side port fitting for the FPG that the Jon mentions.

By the way, the kit is extremely nice -- and Jon looked after me quite well. I peppered him with a ton of questions around the rails.

I would not hesitate to recommend this kit to anyone or Speed Inc as a supplier either.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

this doesn't remove the evap at all correct? i'd love to get rid of that stupid thing
Old 07-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Banned

Everything on the tank side is retained as stock. That can be removed, but I think it needs codes removed.

Quick Reply: Speed INC fuel rail kit, what else is needed?