Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

H/C Nitrous fuel system help

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 09:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default H/C Nitrous fuel system help

It is time for me to start looking into a fuel system for my car. I will be building a 383 next summer and my fuel system seems to be maxed right now. I am spraying a 100 shot on my h/c motor right now. My fuel pressure drops to 50 when I spray the nitrous. I would like to spray a bigger shot, but I am afraid to with the fuel droping to 50.

I have had a Racetronix Pump on the car for almost 2 years now. I think there may be a possibility that it could be getting weak causing the drop. I am running 42 pound injectors.

I am thinking about going to a return style system, but i don't really know how i need to go about this. I would like to have the regulator in the engine bay for easy ajustments.

Give me some suggestions on what I need to do. What size feed line do I need to run? How does a return system work with a variable voltage pump?

What all is involved with running a return.......do I have to drill into my fuel tank.

I really don't know where to start. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brent
Old 10-31-2007, 09:42 PM
FormerVendor

use the stock feed line for the return, run a fmfpr and don't forget to pop the stock regulator out of the top of the bucket.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:52 PM
10 Second Club

Should running a return system solve my fuel pressure drop prob?? Also, am I going to have to drill the stock tank for the return line??

You can probably see by now that I am a newb when it comes to the fuel system.

Thanks for the help
Old 11-01-2007, 10:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No drilling necessary Your Racetronix kit is good to about 600rwhp if you are pushing that a return setup will help slightly getting more volume but you may want to look at a twin Walbro setup. Then you can kick the second pump on with the nitrous and not have to worry. You can also do it in stages give me a call I can help you spec a system for your needs.

Nate
Old 11-01-2007, 11:14 AM
10 Second Club

So, you think that the dual pumps would be needed before a return system?

I am starting to think something is wrong with the pump that I have now. Everyone says that the racetronix pump and 42 lb injectors should be good up to 600 at the wheels. Is my pump getting weak or did I not do something right when I put it in?
Old 11-01-2007, 11:25 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Another option is a stand alone fuel system for the nitrous system only.

We have a couple different options for this, and you would never have to worry about not having enough fuel again. Our dedicated will support up to 1200hp.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:45 AM
10 Second Club

I have thought about that and I would like to do that in the future; however, I think I have a problem ..........standalone would just be a patch for me right now. The 255 should be good for me now.

My fuel pressure drops to 55-56 on motor. It shouldn't be dropping that much on motor should it?

I think I am going to pull the tank and check to make sure that I didn't screw up the little flex tube.

Thanks everyone
Old 11-06-2007, 09:03 PM
10 Second Club

Turns out I was wrong about the drop on the spray. I put it on the dyno and the fuel stays at 55 even on the 100 shot. It still drops to 55 on motor though. It is a little hard for me to pay any attention to the gauges when I am spraying on the street

On the dyno it stayed at a consistant 12.5 af on motor and 11.8 on nitrous.

It did stumble a little bit on a motor pull in the high rpm range. Not sure what that was all about. That is the first time that it has done that. When it stumbled the af shot up to 14.6 for a second and then went back to 12.5.

Wonder if the fuel pump could cause this to happen. I have went wot a couple times after that and it hasn't done it since