Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Post pics up of your aftermarket fuel system.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007 | 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

so if i have 3 ports on the regulator what goes on the second port? a gauge?
Old 12-08-2007 | 10:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
so if i have 3 ports on the regulator what goes on the second port? a gauge?
No. The 3rd port(the one opposite the feed line INTO the FRP) is also another feed. Some people have 1 main line into a Yblock and then a feed into each rail, then a line coming off each rail going into each side of the FRP then out the bottom. It just gives you the option of doing that.
Old 12-09-2007 | 12:37 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

That is correct. You can plug the other port, or you could Y the feed line and use it like its meant to be used, or get a different FPR. Don't want to sound like an *** here, but you should have thought of this before you bought your regulator. A lot of regulators have designated gauge ports on them also. I'd recommend the aeromotive 13105 FPR if you are planning to do a single feed with crossover. It has one feed port, one return port, a designated gauge port, and it is boost/ vac referenced 1:1. I hope this helps you some
Old 12-09-2007 | 03:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
That is correct. You can plug the other port, or you could Y the feed line and use it like its meant to be used, or get a different FPR. Don't want to sound like an *** here, but you should have thought of this before you bought your regulator. A lot of regulators have designated gauge ports on them also. I'd recommend the aeromotive 13105 FPR if you are planning to do a single feed with crossover. It has one feed port, one return port, a designated gauge port, and it is boost/ vac referenced 1:1. I hope this helps you some
your not an ***, i appreciate the help. im just gonna buy a y block and route it the way you guys are explaining thanks again
Old 12-09-2007 | 01:08 PM
10 Second Club

your not an ***, i appreciate the help. im just gonna buy a y block and route it the way you guys are explaining thanks again
Some people will disagree but id say don't waste your time with the Yblock into the back of each rail...its complete over kill. If you are looking to make 1000hp+ then its something you might want to consider..other wise save the money and put it towards something else. My one in one out is going to be used for my single 76mm turbo setup.Its going to be plenty.
Old 12-09-2007 | 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Snyper
Some people will disagree but id say don't waste your time with the Yblock into the back of each rail...its complete over kill. If you are looking to make 1000hp+ then its something you might want to consider..other wise save the money and put it towards something else. My one in one out is going to be used for my single 76mm turbo setup.Its going to be plenty.
when you say overkill, is there any downside as far as how the car will run if i use a y block? thanks again for your help and patience

could i just plug one side of the FPR and then it would be like it was one in one out?
Old 12-09-2007 | 04:13 PM
TECH Regular

it would be nice if we could see more fuel system setups and maybe even on a F body?
Old 12-09-2007 | 04:13 PM
10 Second Club

could i just plug one side of the FPR and then it would be like it was one in one out?

No it wont hurt anything...its just too much..Kinda like using 60lbs injectors for a cam only. And yes you could plug the other side. Thats what Im doing.

Mines like this...

Sump>Filter(100Micron)>pump>Filter(10 Micron)>back of dsr>out front of dsr to front of psr>out the back of the psr into one inlet port of the FPR(plug the other side)>out the bottom of the FRP>tank.
Old 12-09-2007 | 04:23 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by Bandit28
it would be nice if we could see more fuel system setups and maybe even on a F body?
Here's part of mine:

The rest will be coming in the spring...but that will be replacing the cheap-o fuel filter, and I'll be running a braided line instead of the plastic line from the fuel tank to the filter. When all is said and done, it will be a rail return system using the EVAP as the return, and the stock feed line.
Old 12-09-2007 | 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast
15 Year Member

Nope, that is not right. Do it like this:

You will need a return, but you can use the stock EVAP as a return as shown here.
so i could simply swap the EVAP line from the little round thing to the fuel pump module using the stock connectors and plug the T on the feed line and use the EVAP line as my return? i believe the factory regulator needs to be taken out also? Thanks
Old 12-09-2007 | 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Snyper
No it wont hurt anything...its just too much..Kinda like using 60lbs injectors for a cam only. And yes you could plug the other side. Thats what Im doing.

Mines like this...

Sump>Filter(100Micron)>pump>Filter(10 Micron)>back of dsr>out front of dsr to front of psr>out the back of the psr into one inlet port of the FPR(plug the other side)>out the bottom of the FRP>tank.
perfect ill just do that. thanks
Old 12-09-2007 | 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by bigsticksupra
so i could simply swap the EVAP line from the little round thing to the fuel pump module using the stock connectors and plug the T on the feed line and use the EVAP line as my return? i believe the factory regulator needs to be taken out also? Thanks
Yeah, pretty much. This thread may help you understand what I did a little better

https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-injection/698950-does-anyone-have-write-up.html
Old 12-09-2007 | 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, pretty much. This thread may help you understand what I did a little better

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=698950
man that was helpful, nice write up
Old 12-10-2007 | 12:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast
15 Year Member

Thanks ChevyChad, i appreciate it.

How do you take the stock regulator off? does anything need to be done to where it once attached to inside the fuel pump module once it's removed?

Last edited by bigsticksupra; 12-10-2007 at 12:40 AM.
Old 12-10-2007 | 08:39 AM

There is just a clip that comes off and it falls right off. You'll see when you get in there. Just remove the stock regulator- there is nothing else you need to do after that to the bucket. (Unless you are doing dual pumps, then you'll have to hack it to get them to fit.)
Old 12-11-2007 | 11:44 PM
Launching!

heres mine

Old 12-12-2007 | 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

wat kind of radiator is that? did you have to modify anything to get it to fit? what fans you running?
Old 12-13-2007 | 12:05 AM
Launching!

wat kind of radiator is that? did you have to modify anything to get it to fit? what fans you running?
If your refering to me,
its a 3" afco radiator with two fans, i can get the sizes for you, if you want
and the radiator, and for modifying theres the top bracket you can see and i no longer have a front bumper core.
Old 12-13-2007 | 08:06 PM
10 Second Club

Can I run the fuel line like this?(hope so these ends were a bitch to make!)

Old 12-13-2007 | 09:22 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

I don't see why not...as long as it doesn't leak, that is all that matters.

Quick Reply: Post pics up of your aftermarket fuel system.