Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

is it worth buying the racetronix pump or just get the $100.00 walbro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
My Racetronix was installed when my motor was forged 3 1/2 years ago. It's a very impressive pump. It is of military quality. I can speak to that from an electronics standpoint ... retired Army Master Sergeant here. As the 1st Cavalry Division Artillery Communications Chief, I was directly responsible for many installations of tactical communications equipment, including Colonel Raymond Odierno's (now a 3-star general and 2nd in command in Iraq) HMMWV (HUMVEE) with 100 amp alternator kit and associated wiring. From an electronics standpoint, the wiring and electrical components and operational reliability is of top notch material and as good or better than what was provided through military channels. *I also was the Apache Training Brigade Communications Chief and worked on the avionics/electronics for their SINCGARS radio equipment on OH-58D's, AH-64 Longbow's, UH-60's, MH-60 Electronic Warfare Intercept birds, AH-1's, CH-47's, UH-1's, etc ... about every rotary aircraft made.*You 10th mountain boys at Fort Drum need to know your territory before you try to dispute what is and is not of miltary grade. The Racetronix fuel pump is a better overall pump system hands-down.
Interesting.* But one point that has been made and I will make again.* The pump itself is just a normal Walbro pump.* The pump is as it comes from Walbro.*
Old 01-06-2008, 04:13 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

The pump in the F98 system is a standard 255LPH HP Walbro pump. What makes this pump assembly unique are the parts surrounding it, ease of installation and functionality.

The pump in the F99 system is not a standard Walbro pump. It is modified and again the pump assembly is unique because of the parts surrounding it.

Why are we arguing semantics here? This is like trying to say one Chevy motor is like another. Sure the block may be the same but it is the parts you put into/on it which really make it what it is.

Yes there are always cheaper ways to go about doing just about any HP mod. For some people the small savings is justified and for some it is not. Our fuel pumps systems are one of the cheapest yet most important mods you will ever do to your vehicle so why people make such a big deal over a few $ to make sure everything is 100% is questionable. For those people who do not want to run around gathering parts, wasting time, gas and shipping we offer a no compromise complete quality plug and play solution.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 01-06-2008, 04:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PAGregSS
Interesting.* But one point that has been made and I will make again.* The pump itself is just a normal Walbro pump.* The pump is as it comes from Walbro.*

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
from an electronics standpoint
Old 01-06-2008, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by koolaid_kid
Thanks Jeb99ta. I worked for the Navy for almost 10 years, and I agree with your observations.

My pleasure friend. From one service member to another, we both know the military don't always buy the best stuff available ... LOL! But, of course. Racetronix produces a great product. Racetronix ... thank you for a quality piece!!!
Old 01-06-2008, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Racetronix
The pump in the F98 system is a standard 255LPH HP Walbro pump. What makes this pump assembly unique are the parts surrounding it, ease of installation and functionality.

The pump in the F99 system is not a standard Walbro pump. It is modified and again the pump assembly is unique because of the parts surrounding it.

Why are we arguing semantics here? This is like trying to say one Chevy motor is like another. Sure the block may be the same but it is the parts you put into/on it which really make it what it is.

Yes there are always cheaper ways to go about doing just about any HP mod. For some people the small savings is justified and for some it is not. Our fuel pumps systems are one of the cheapest yet most important mods you will ever do to your vehicle so why people make such a big deal over a few $ to make sure everything is 100% is questionable. For those people who do not want to run around gathering parts, wasting time, gas and shipping we offer a no compromise complete quality plug and play solution.
Well, we're talking about a F98, aren't we? I could argue all day long. The irony is that I have a F98 Racetronix system in my vehicle. I'm telling the guy what he really wants and needs to know. The differences. I'm not providing him with any wrong information. Seriously. Besides, I thought us DIYs were left to discuss this in our own terms?
Old 01-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Coal Mining Director

This post is argued out. Next question is "How tuneable is the Racetronix 120lb injectors?" I'll answer this one shortly since I just ordered a set this weekend.

Quick Reply: is it worth buying the racetronix pump or just get the $100.00 walbro?