Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Quick Performance Ford 9" Housing

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

have about 1500 or so into a 9" why the hell not.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah with a stock case and spool 1600shipped and with bad *** center section from strange 2100shipped.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

BTW mine should be here today half is here already
Old 10-19-2010, 01:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

man i have had nothing but trouble out of mine so far
1. PHB wont go in even with beating it the hell out of it
2. I have to drill hole bigger for shocks.
3.PHB hole will need to be drilled bigger to!
Old 10-19-2010, 02:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SIC LSX
man i have had nothing but trouble out of mine so far
1. PHB wont go in even with beating it the hell out of it
2. I have to drill hole bigger for shocks.
3.PHB hole will need to be drilled bigger to!
Someone should call QP and tell them the holes are the wrong size lol... I had to drill out the PHB hole, but the shock holes were correct on mine. Also, I didn't have any issues with the PHB not going in. Is the outer tab bent from shipping/handling? You might be able to take a crescent/adjustable wrench and use it to bend the outer tab to get a bit more clearance.

Mike
Old 10-19-2010, 02:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

I did that. It needs to go in about another half inch to be able to put a bolt in. Half the hole is open for bolt. lol
Old 10-31-2010, 09:30 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SIC LSX. After talking so much about QP your having so many issues, lol. Sucks. No biggy though. Good luck!
Old 10-31-2010, 10:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

only issure was me not having tools. All i needed was a bigger drill and drill bit. i called them and told them the issues and they said they would fix it. its been in 200 miles and no whine drilling shock and panhard bolt holes isnt a issue if you have the tools at the house. Ive red a few post on here with people with moser having the same problems
Old 10-31-2010, 10:52 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

One of the things we do when taking an order from a customer is ask them what shocks they have or plan on having in the future as we predrill the correct size shock hole before it leaves the shop.

Like SIC LSX mentioned that he ran into, not everyone has a bid drill and drill bit laying around and having to go out and buy one or search for one down when wanting to install your rear end can be a pain.

That is just another one of those added feature we do like adding on brake line tabs, hose mounts, e-brake cable brackets(98-02), and stock style sway bar mounts. These all come at no extra charge when buying one of our housings.

For those on a budget we can sell just the housing, torque arm, and cross member. Or we can put you into a housing an axle package. We have many different levels we can start you at if you are wanting to put together your own components.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

My stock ebrake stuff worked fine. I already had half of tbe bracket cut off for lca relocation brackets. I just had to drill a hole toward the front so eveything would slide back. Sway bar i just ues exhaust clamps and made a half in spacer so stock sway bar would not hit.

Midwest has by far the best setup out it was just out of my price range. Trust me i would love to have one.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it weren't for my practically new umi tunnel mount t/a, and the absolute over kill of a fabricated housing, I'd probably spend the extra coin on a mwc unit. But after seeing numerous guys in my area run anywhere from 9.1's to 10.0's with a plain Jain moser 9", I know my cam-only lq4 is never going to fully tax a standard 9" style housing, even if I hit it with a 150shot, it'll never go 9's, or pull better than a 1.5 60' on radials.

Qp will most likely get my money in the spring time.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mighty Whitey
If it weren't for my practically new umi tunnel mount t/a, and the absolute over kill of a fabricated housing, I'd probably spend the extra coin on a mwc unit. But after seeing numerous guys in my area run anywhere from 9.1's to 10.0's with a plain Jain moser 9", I know my cam-only lq4 is never going to fully tax a standard 9" style housing, even if I hit it with a 150shot, it'll never go 9's, or pull better than a 1.5 60' on radials.

I paid $2,100 shipped. 35spine chrome molly drag spool, moser axles, strange center, billet 1350 yoke, narrowed 2.5", fill and drain plugs and $35 extra for lca relocation which i forgot. You can't beat it. I know someone running 8.90s with 1.2 60ft so its good.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid $2,100 shipped. 35spine chrome molly drag spool, moser axles, strange center, billet 1350 yoke, narrowed 2.5", fill and drain plugs and $35 extra for lca relocation which i forgot. You can't beat it. I know someone running 8.90s with 1.2 60ft so its good.

Which strange case did you go with, pro, or s-series? I had a pro case in a moser once before and thought it was a rather beefy unit.

I had planned on outfitting one just like you listed, maybe spring for gun drilling the axles tho, and I'll set them up in the mill at work and drill the "lightening" holes in them myself, that moser charges $40 bucks to do.

I've only seen 1 qp rearend, and the quality seemed on par with what moser sells, if not better.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Quick performance f-body 9"
narrowed 2.5" each side
35 spline CM drag spool
35 spline moser axles
Strange Nodular Iron S-Case, Aluminum Daytona Pinion Support, 1350 Billet Steel Yoke, Motive Performance Gears, & Timken Bearings
4.30 gears

$2,100 shipped!

i personal dont like mosers setup for the torq arm! It weighs more too
Old 11-03-2010, 01:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i personal dont like mosers setup for the torq arm! It weighs more too
Yeah the Moser t/a mount is really heavy.

Mike
Old 11-04-2010, 12:35 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mighty Whitey

Oh I don't know about pulling anything better than a 1.5 60' time with what you have. Here is a prime example of what you can accomplish based off our help after the sale(LINK) with what you have. What some over look when buying a housing with our torque arm is we are here after words to help you get the most out of your purchase.

You have guys like us that are hitting the track every chance we can testing our own product, because it is only make us go faster with the stuff we produce in house. In return that means our customers are going to keep getting not only good product but good tech help from our own testing.

This is also a reason other manufactures come to us to test what they are producing. Us testing our own product is one thing you do not see from a lot of other manufactures. We are a company that wants to keep growing based on knowledge and not based on how much product we can push out the door, and we are not someone middle manning everyone else's products.

The product we do offer when we put a housing package deal together also comes from our own testing, we chose items that are based off of performance gain with out issue. We are not offering product based souly off what our biggest profit margin is or just based off the fact that is all we can get.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Junkie

I vote :MWC! Eric very good word choice... Couldn't have said it much better...
Old 11-04-2010, 10:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

It is the best but Damn its is high $$$ not everyone has all that extra $ laying around. Hell i could put heads,fast intake from the money saved
Old 11-04-2010, 11:45 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

It is the best but Damn its is high $$$ not everyone has all that extra $ laying around. Hell i could put heads,fast intake from the money saved
Quick performance f-body 9"
narrowed 2.5" each side
35 spline CM drag spool
35 spline moser axles
Strange Nodular Iron S-Case, Aluminum Daytona Pinion Support, 1350 Billet Steel Yoke, Motive Performance Gears, & Timken Bearings
4.30 gears

$2,100 shipped!
Well if you consider what you got, that is not far off of what our base package is with a spool and you would of got a better brand of axles and gear, in my opinion.

Plus you would not of had to spend the time trying to find a drill and drill bit to drill out the shock holes because that is something we do before the housing leaves the shop, we ask the customer what current shocks they have on the vehicle plus if they have any future plans for changes. Along with the fact you don't have to use zip ties to hold your brake lines in place or muffler brackets to mount sway bars, our housing has brake line clips and E-brake cable brackets attached to the housing along with factory style sway bar mounts.

Our package is a true fabricated housing that comes with a torque arm and cross member for $2650 shipped(depending on location). On top of that we are not only building our own product we are out testing it every weekend we can.

With a package purchase from us we offer great prices on our lower control arms, pan hard par, and anti roll bar that we also build in house. We can also get you good deals on shocks, wheels, and just about anything really. Along with our custom work we can build a very good working relationship to take care of our customers needs for a long time.

Last edited by MidwestChassis; 11-05-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

And then another 1,000$ for a center section so that's around 1,600$ more then what i paid. I will spend 5 mins to make a few holes bigger for that kind of savings.

Quick Reply: Quick Performance Ford 9" Housing