Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser 9 inch = Headache

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 08:48 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BIG BAD BLACKSS
Can some people with a QUIET 9" moser come in here and mention it? Seems we always see people mentions problems, but the ones using em are quiet or just reading other sections. A buncha people saying they got a good one would make many people feel differently I'd imagine.
No doubt! I have sold hundreds of Moser 9 inch rears to people who end up with a completely quiet rear. Most of these people never have a reason to visit this section again. Bob
Old 03-09-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tally TransAm
its pretty well known that moser's setup sucks outta the box
Sure seems like an excessive amount of Moser's have excessive gear whine. Best advice I can give anyone is learn how to set up your own gears.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no problems with my 9" moser that i got from Bob @ EPP.And i push over 900rwhp through it.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

well i count 3 people that have little to no noise, and 8 that have the classic moser whine in this post alone, pretty good chance you are going to get a headache of a rear end if you get it from moser from those odds,
Old 03-11-2009, 05:59 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by STMPDUST
well i count 3 people that have little to no noise, and 8 that have the classic moser whine in this post alone, pretty good chance you are going to get a headache of a rear end if you get it from moser from those odds,
I disagree, most of the people who are happy with their Moser rear do not back in here. Trust me, if all of my Moser customers had the problems you had, I wouldn't be selling them. There are more Moser rears sold on this website than any other brand, before the economy slowed down I averaged one to two rears per day, some days I'd sell three to four. Do you think every one of these people had problems with their Moser rear? Hardly. Bob
Old 03-11-2009, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
I disagree, most of the people who are happy with their Moser rear do not back in here. Trust me, if all of my Moser customers had the problems you had, I wouldn't be selling them. There are more Moser rears sold on this website than any other brand, before the economy slowed down I averaged one to two rears per day, some days I'd sell three to four. Do you think every one of these people had problems with their Moser rear? Hardly. Bob
Trust me if moser took care of their problems you would have sold double the units, maybe because of the down turn in the econemy moser is cutting corners, i do know they shortchanged me on my return shipping charges! and sent me 2 headaches in a row. it is a really big job for most to R&R the rear end, not to mention the cost and down time that goes with it, it seems most just live with the noise and say nothing because of these reasons. Moser makes the customer test there workmenship at the customers cost, thats what happened to me and many-many others
Old 03-11-2009, 08:34 PM
11 Second Club

Hmmmm. I ordered mine from BOB about 6k miles ago. I love mine. I have a SLIGHT wine on deceleration, but the radio has to be off and you have to listen for it. I don't mind though, helps me remember I actually have something back there. I would hate for it to be bad like you describe though. Guess I was a lucky one
Old 03-14-2009, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by taws6m6
Hmmmm. I ordered mine from BOB about 6k miles ago. I love mine. I have a SLIGHT wine on deceleration, but the radio has to be off and you have to listen for it. I don't mind though, helps me remember I actually have something back there. I would hate for it to be bad like you describe though. Guess I was a lucky one

You are lucky you got a semi quite one.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Launching!

I got my new gears and install kit from Bob in a very timely matter. Thanks Bob. I got the pumpkin out this afternoon. New Gears go in it on Monday.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

Can some people with a QUIET 9" moser come in here and mention it? Seems we always see people mentions problems, but the ones using em are quiet or just reading other sections. A buncha people saying they got a good one would make many people feel differently I'd imagine.
their is a reason that you only see people metion is their problems with their moser 9". it's simple; PEOPLE ALWAYS HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THEIR MOSER 9"!!!!!!!! buying my rearend from moser was the biggest mistake i ever made. HORRIBLE FITMENT,LEAKING SEALS,NOISE, AND VIBRATION! i called moser and they didn't care. i can't believe i wasted $2600 on a rearend that would be better used as a paper weight.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered one a while back for my buddies 98 Z28. Man did it whine. The bearings on the carrier went out in about 10,000miles, He sold the rearend for about $800 and still paying on the loan he took out to buy it.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:32 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by v8juice
I got my new gears and install kit from Bob in a very timely matter. Thanks Bob. I got the pumpkin out this afternoon. New Gears go in it on Monday.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Bob
Old 03-16-2009, 08:46 AM
On The Tree

just curious what type of exhaust do a lot the customers with moser 9's have i have a dana 60 with a locker and its supposed to be loud but my exhaust is a true dual to the back with bullett mufflers honestly i have never heard the wine or the locking of the axles maybe its my cam i have a lg x5. good luck on your rear end
Old 03-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Launching!

damn that sucks for you 9-inch guys. when i bought my moser 12-bolt i let LMR set up the gears and everything and its really quit i hear it whine a little if you leave that rear divider in the trunk down but nothing like the 10 bolt. i have heard this so many times about moser not setting **** up good out of the box, one reason is that they sell more **** than everyone else so theres gonna be more rear ends that get out without being set up right, think about this if currie sells 10 rear ends and 1 is bad, and moser sells 100 rear ends and 10 are bad you gonna have alot more negative feedback on the moser side. my advice would be to take you car to a GOOD performance shop and have them set the gears up.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sixpack_2_go
their is a reason that you only see people metion is their problems with their moser 9". it's simple; PEOPLE ALWAYS HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THEIR MOSER 9"!!!!!!!! buying my rearend from moser was the biggest mistake i ever made. HORRIBLE FITMENT,LEAKING SEALS,NOISE, AND VIBRATION! i called moser and they didn't care. i can't believe i wasted $2600 on a rearend that would be better used as a paper weight.
WOW the count is at 3 good and 12 noise making 9 inch rears from moser in this thread, pretty bad odds, or good odds you will get a headache like mine,Twice, and dont forget they shortchanged me on my return shipping, better give it some good thought before you send in a order! i wish i saw this before i ordered, maybe i can save you a headache!
Old 03-19-2009, 11:58 AM
TECH Regular

no problem with my Moser 9", it does have a slight whine around 60-70 mph when I back off the throttle slightly but not real bad. Like I stated before on another thread, my car is loud, rides rough, cluncks sometimes going around corners and I love it. Just the way a hot-rod is supposed to be. If you don't want a hot-rod, don't modify it!
Old 03-19-2009, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bobby1
just curious what type of exhaust do a lot the customers with moser 9's have i have a dana 60 with a locker and its supposed to be loud but my exhaust is a true dual to the back with bullett mufflers honestly i have never heard the wine or the locking of the axles maybe its my cam i have a lg x5. good luck on your rear end
my exhaust is quiet, I have 4 10's in my dana and you can't even tell its back there. I hear more road noise than anything

OP good luck with the 9"...stories like these is why i went with a dana 60
Old 03-21-2009, 10:15 AM
TECH Addict

My first one was only a bit noisier than the stock unit. (Except for the clunking of the locker.) But the gears were set up by Drive Line Solutions. My new one, set up by Moser, has yet to be installed.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

In advance, I've run 3 Moser rear ends and 1 Currie with absolutely no issue with them. Fit and function were 100%. I have not run one in a 4th gen yet though. That said-
I wouldn't think this is so much about how many noisy rear ends to how many quiet rear ends Moser puts out, as it is about even those few bad rear ends being satisfactorily taken care of by the company that manufactured them. You would think that a company as large as Moser wouldn't have a problem making things right at company expense. After all, this isn't a cheap Chinese made piece of junk. It should live up to every expectation of it. A guy shouldn't have to pay what he does to get a quality part and then plan on having to pay again to rework it to so that it does what it was supposed to to begin with. Does this make any sense to anyone else here?
In the business world, in this economy, and media driven society, one customer not taken care of can completely ruin an otherwise untarnished business reputation.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:37 AM
TECH Regular

To the OP please grow up... I understand u got a loud rearend and all, its going to happen.. fact of the Aftermarket world, my family has gone through 5 moser rearends and the noise level's were more than acceptable .. If you want it to be perfect.. do it yourself. I purchased my Fab9 through bob @ EPP recently and had a center section from moser already.. hardly any whine.

Quick Reply: Moser 9 inch = Headache