Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

98 t/a with 3 channle abs and traction control?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 10:01 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 98 t/a with 3 channle abs and traction control?

i recently bought a 98 t/a, and i blew out the 10 bolt in 2 weeks of owning the car, i knew it was gunna blow, anyway its a 3 channle abs with the sensor on top if the rear diff, i was told that 4th gens with 3 channle dont have traction control but mine does and has a switch for it under my radio, anybody kno whats goin on with this, also iam looking for a 12 bolt or 9'' rear for it but can i get a 3 channle with a 9'' rear,? thanks for your help
Old 10-23-2009, 04:57 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I take it your traction control does not work? You would have to have reluctor rings outboard by the brakes for the traction control to work. I'm guessing that your 4 channel car has already had a 3 channel 10 bolt rear installed in it.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=145
Here is a link to my Moser rears that ship out two days after the order is received. Bob
Old 10-23-2009, 07:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't have any warning lights on, you may have a radio bezel out of a TCS car. Check to RPO codes and see if you have TCS.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
I take it your traction control does not work? You would have to have reluctor rings outboard by the brakes for the traction control to work. I'm guessing that your 4 channel car has already had a 3 channel 10 bolt rear installed in it.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=145
Here is a link to my Moser rears that ship out two days after the order is received. Bob
no my car is a 3 channle now, and i dont see y anyone would go from a 4 to a 3, this is how i bought the car,

can i go to a 4 channle srt up from a 3 if so how do i splice in?
Old 10-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DutchmanZ
If you don't have any warning lights on, you may have a radio bezel out of a TCS car. Check to RPO codes and see if you have TCS.
well i do i hav the abs inop lighjt on cus when i bought the car the person put 4;56 gears in and didnot put the 3 channle ring bak on the ring gear, and how would see is the car came with tcs on the RPO code, is the cose located in the trunk or doors, thanks
Old 10-23-2009, 12:59 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by monte383sbc
no my car is a 3 channle now, and i dont see y anyone would go from a 4 to a 3, this is how i bought the car,

can i go to a 4 channle srt up from a 3 if so how do i splice in?
i was told that 4th gens with 3 channle dont have traction control but mine does and has a switch for it under my radio
This is why I suggested to you that perhaps your rear was changed out. If you have a switch for the traction control then you should have the standard 4 channel ABS/TCS with the outboard reluctor rings. Bob
Old 10-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i do i hav the abs inop lighjt on cus when i bought the car the person put 4;56 gears in and didnot put the 3 channle ring bak on the ring gear, and how would see is the car came with tcs on the RPO code, is the cose located in the trunk or doors, thanks
RPO code NW9, in the center console (I think) Someone will chime in if I'm wrong.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

RPO codes are on the drivers door. NW9 is correct for traction control. You can also check the brake lines going to the rear. TCS cars have 2, one for each wheel. ABS only cars have one.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Spartan7
RPO codes are on the drivers door. NW9 is correct for traction control. You can also check the brake lines going to the rear. TCS cars have 2, one for each wheel. ABS only cars have one.
thanks i will check as soon as i go to my shop and check it out,