Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

PICTURES of the new Rear end...take a look.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default PICTURES of the new Rear end...take a look.

http://98hc4mula.shutterfly.com/
well here is a website I just added pictures to, lets see if it works.
the rear end is a Midwest Fab 9 inch with a wavetrack and 4.10 gears, cut 3 inches from each end. 1/2" studs, 35 spline, strange axle and carrier. long torque arm, Adjustable LCA and PST 3.5 Aluminum DS.
wheels will be a set of Billet Specialties Street Lites with 4.75 BS

here I have the brake lines all plumbed and ready to be mounted on the car....

other side of the brake lines

getting ready to go in

see how close the DS is to the DS loop....

this is just to show how close the brake line is to the TA mount, it has plenty of clearnace if you route it this way.

ARH Catted Y Pipe and ARH headers also Installed

showing where the TA hits the Y pipe, or is resting I should say.

I am also waiting for SJM abs delete and line lock kit to be installed as soon as I get it, and some other small odds and ends before I can go test this thing at the track...
let me know what you think.
thanks
David

Last edited by 98hc4mula; 03-23-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok I cant figure out how to post pictures now. a little help please. lol
Old 03-21-2010, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok let me know if you are not able to see pictures from that website.
Im just waiting for my new wheels to get here, I have been waiting since January for the Billet Specialties to arrive.
ordered some 17x11 with 4.75 back spacing and 17x7 for the front.

also waiting on the SJM abs delete and line lock kit to finish it up.
Eric at Midwest chassis has been very helpful in all this, only thing I didnt like was the long wait for the stuff to get here.
the long torque arm is touching the ARH Y pipe even after placing the TA in the 3rd hole. We are going to correct this soon hopefully.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All you gotta do is copy the IMG code to each pic and then paste it on your new post but that's on photobucket very easy each IMG code comes up next to each pic you upload. Never used shutterfly before! Nice setup you go to the track much? Post some pics on STFB.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I will but I cant freakin figure out how exactly to post the pictures....I feel like a dumb *** lol. I will be going to Edinburgs track as soon as I get the wheels. the car will be ready for some shake down passes.
PM me your number so we can get together when I get this completed man.
David
Old 03-23-2010, 01:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98hc4mula
I will but I cant freakin figure out how exactly to post the pictures....I feel like a dumb *** lol. I will be going to Edinburgs track as soon as I get the wheels. the car will be ready for some shake down passes.
PM me your number so we can get together when I get this completed man.
David
Sure thing man! I gotta put some miles on my gears so I can hit the track! I already have a challenge pending on www.southtxracing.com. Only complication I had with my rearend install was the rear torque arm mounting bracket hitting a ridge on top of the rearend so I had to grind some of it down for the 2 long bolts to go in. Just noticed you have the same low profile (blue) carjack that I have.

Last edited by conde'strans; 03-23-2010 at 01:13 PM. Reason: error
Old 03-23-2010, 07:59 PM
9 Second Club

Very nice work done on that rear. I got the exact same setup as you coming hopefully this week. Been waiting a while for it now due to the red powdercoating instead of the black you got.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thank you, I recommend anyone who is doing this to bend their own lines, its not hard at all, it took me probably about 20 minutes tops. I had to figure out the bends and that was it. other than that, the assembly went pretty smooth, the backing plates and the bearings pressed in fine all I had to do is bolt the center section and slide the axles in and I had a completed rear.
I spoke to Eric today, he is swaping me the long TA for the short version as well as the DS loop because of my set up and the rubbing issue. I will have that stuff early next week as well as the new wheels. I waited for this rear since Mid January, same with the wheels, I was told that Billet specialties are out of stock on the 17'" hoops for the rears.
that is the only thing I did not like about all this, the time it took for me to have the parts I needed. but I think that is just part of the game.
I would do it again if I had too. Eric has been very VERY nice in answering all my calls, I think I called him like every other day lol. he also took his time and responded to my emails which were not short by any means.
Thumbs up and a rating of 5 stars to his service. he is a stand up guy who is willing to go the extra mile in helping his customers out.
all I want now is to enjoy this thing...........
Old 03-24-2010, 06:03 AM
9 Second Club

Yea I know what you mean. I have been waiting since the start of feb. I know it will be worth the wait in the long run. So on those brake lines you had to bend yourself. Did the splitter come with the rear or did you have to buy that??
Old 03-24-2010, 07:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey thanks for post up the pics! I ordered the same rear end, short ta w/ loop, lca's, phb, sfc's, and a driveshaft. If all goes right my stuff should be here middle of next week.*fingers crossed* But your pics are very helpful, expecially for bending the brake lines. Your car is sweet looking man, should deff move out at the track!
Old 03-24-2010, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The splitter I had from before, you can reuse the stock one since its the same size. the rear will come with the bracket for the splitter, all you have to do is mount it first then mock up the lines.
I actually had to cut and re-flare the line from the car which connects to the splitter bc I wanted to use this stainless line. The reason I did that was because I needed to put a different fitting for this line to make it mate correctly.
the assembly is straight forward. it was very simple to do, just make sure you know how to set the angle lol, that was my only hold up....
Old 03-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Banned

ok i saw you safetly loop picture. and i have one like that. so does the fuel lines go under the brace or over it like yours. i tired over. but it didnt work.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:55 PM
TECH Resident

Thats awesome bro!
Old 03-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice setup. I've talked a little bit about getting one. Good amount of features for the price but still pricey.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well the lines need to go under the DS loop bracket but its a moot point bc I am taking it out and replacing the TA with a short one, that TA brace will have a Safety loop integrated to it. I was unsure how to do it initially until I saw some pictures. regardless, its fine like that, it doesn't touch anything though.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

looks awesome, and expensive, i have just order my stuff from him. keep the pics comeing. and let me know how much hammering you have to do if any to fit those wheels.

Last edited by Zmg00camaross; 03-24-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:37 PM
10 Second Club

Ordered mine Feb. 16th. Hopefully, it'll be here by the end of next week.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:47 PM
11 Second Club

Eric is definitely a very stand up guy, great customer service and patience overall! I too was calling him like everyday when I was doing my setup.

Hopefully you get everything together so we can hit the track!
Old 03-25-2010, 11:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

good pics man. gives me a good idea of which way i want to go with my future rear swap. keep up the good work
Old 03-27-2010, 04:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Looking sexy amigo!