Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

MWC 9" or M9?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010 | 11:35 AM
10 Second Club
15 Year Member

I order MWC havent received it yet. But happy with Eric service so far. My car suspension will be all MWC
Old 06-13-2010 | 04:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed

Product Description
Moser Aluminum Cases are made of 356-T6 aluminum with 7075-T6 aluminum caps and billet steel adjusters, and they feature a super strong through-bolt design to give the case increased strength and decreased ring gear deflection common in most aluminum case designs. Available in 3.062, 3.250, and 3.812 bore sizes; all Moser Aluminum cases are drilled for the 3/8 stock pinion studs and 7/16 heavy-duty studs. The aluminum cases are also designed to be used with either a standard pilot bearing with snap ring retention, or a heavy duty, wider pinion bearing utilizing button head bolts for retention is available. Moser Performance Cases weigh only 16 lbs., 15 lbs. lighter than our Nodular Iron Cases, are CMM checked for machining accuracy, and are supplied with all Grade 8 hardware.
uh... that's obviously a thru-bolt case, which i said would be ok the strange and mark williams cases are still better IMO, but any of them are better than a stock replacement aluminum.
Old 06-13-2010 | 06:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
The Moser M9's are not "sitting on the shelves" at Moser, Moser builds each one per order. Moser has the manpower to have a rear ship out just two days after the order is placed. Keep in mind the F body is just one segment of the market Moser builds rears for. If you want to see just how many products Moser sells, go to Summit Racing's website and look up Moser under manufacturer. Bob
Moser customer service sucks huge donkey *****!! They drop shipped my axles to me for my MWC 9 and they placed the wrong spacer on them. After calling them and told them measurements as they asked they took 2 weeks to approved to have them shipped back. That was only because Eric called them twice to see what the problem was.

they shipped me back the correct spacer pressed on the axle and a nice cut mark in my axle where they removed the wrong spacer. So they screwed me for 3 weeks waiting to install my rear because they believe they don't make mistakes the customer does; ********
Old 06-13-2010 | 07:20 PM
TECH Junkie

MWC has some of the best customer service i've ever dealt with..
Old 06-13-2010 | 07:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor
20 Year Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
uh... that's obviously a thru-bolt case, which i said would be ok the strange and mark williams cases are still better IMO, but any of them are better than a stock replacement aluminum.
Yes, you are correct that the Moser is a thru bolt case. But now you have me as you were obviously referring to the Moser alum as not being a thru bolt, as you said if you want the weight savings, to go with a Strange or Mark Williams thru bolt case.
the aluminum case will FLEX, especially the caps. I guarantee you'll pick up gear noise, especially with a 6 speed in a heavy (over 2500lbs) car. If you want the weight savings pick up a strange or mark williams through bolt case, they're not cheap though,
Had I not said anything, you would of had people assuming the Moser alum case was not a thru bolt, and that it was a junk piece. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 06-13-2010 | 08:08 PM
TECH Addict

It will all come down to preference, each person has their own story as to why they do or don't like it.

It sounds to me that MWC will make you one for your exact set up. Not just take one and attach parts to make it fit.
Old 06-14-2010 | 12:36 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

This is true, we can get you a rear end set up anyway you can possibly dream up. We are not limited to one manufactures parts. That is one of the benefits of going with us. You ask for it and we make it happen.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, we are not some big fancy shop by no means that has hundreds of people working here but we do our best to make everyone happy and get them what they need.

We stand behind our product 100% and have had a very good response from our past customers. They do all the speaking and advertising we will ever need so we don't have to ***** up everyone's threads doing it ourselves. If anyone has any questions just shoot me a PM and I will answer it for you.
Old 06-14-2010 | 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

I'll be going with MWC simply because I can have it setup just how I want it.
Old 06-14-2010 | 03:20 PM
Banned

the only arguement i have to this. is when i called strange and told them i was planning on runnning over 1000 horse with a 9" rear. they said dont do the alum case.

and when i called moser they said there alum case has ran far above 1000 and had no problems.

------------------

and to the OP. i have a Moser alum case MWC rear end full asembled By erice with panhard bar delete and Watts link added. and rear coil over brackets added. also has a Wavetec. best money i ever spent ona rear.
Old 06-14-2010 | 03:43 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor
20 Year Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
the only arguement i have to this. is when i called strange and told them i was planning on runnning over 1000 horse with a 9" rear. they said dont do the alum case.

and when i called moser they said there alum case has ran far above 1000 and had no problems.

------------------

and to the OP. i have a Moser alum case MWC rear end full asembled By erice with panhard bar delete and Watts link added. and rear coil over brackets added. also has a Wavetec. best money i ever spent ona rear.
Quite a few of us have been at or over 1000 rwhp with a Moser alum case without any problems. I know my car took a beating with the M9 with the alum case without any problems. Who knows, maybe the Moser cases are stronger. I guess it's good that is what you have. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 06-14-2010 | 04:22 PM
On The Tree

Its also nice to talk to Eric, the guy who is building your rearend, not just a salesmen. The personal affect of this is a feeling of security before dropping $3000. Both are a good product, Eric doesnt have the manpower or want it for this fact of Moser, because he has his hands in every single Fabricated rearend, every part that is ordered, and ever wish each customer has. Not a bash towards moser, but to keep it apples to apples, personalizing a race part these days has something behind it. As for the aluminum center section, If you do a thru-bolt, it will take pretty much whatever you throw at it. trust me..i know.
Old 06-14-2010 | 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I went with midwest chassis on mine, i love the rearend. It's got strange aluminum center, steel spool, and 35 spline axles, richmond 4.11's. Moser more expensive so i went all strange even the driveshaft. I am happy. Eric helped me figure out several things that i did not know and helped me pick what i wanted. Install was easy too, and done by myself.
Old 06-14-2010 | 09:14 PM
11 Second Club

Just got off the phone with Eric a little bit ago looks like im going with
mwc 9" wavetrac w/ aluminum center and richmond 430s and 3.5" aluminum driveshaft
short tunnel moutn torque arm
full rear suspension with lower control arms, pandhard rod, anti roll kit and double adj qa1 coilovers
subframe connectors
from upper and lower a arms

also got a fuel system from nastyperformance

car should be cookin righ along here in 4-5 weeks lol

Last edited by SS4Luck; 06-14-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-14-2010 | 09:50 PM
10 Second Club
15 Year Member

I hope you get it in 4-5 weeks, But hell sounds like you spent some coin, Hell i spent a little over 4 grand and didnt get a centersection because i already had one. But bought wheels and all rear suspension and drag brakes it adds up. But Eric is great to deal with and didnt care about how long it took, Only choice if you are looking for a Fab 9 inch is MWC.
Old 06-15-2010 | 09:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
I hope you get it in 4-5 weeks, But hell sounds like you spent some coin, Hell i spent a little over 4 grand and didnt get a centersection because i already had one. But bought wheels and all rear suspension and drag brakes it adds up. But Eric is great to deal with and didnt care about how long it took, Only choice if you are looking for a Fab 9 inch is MWC.
with watts and all the custom stuff and rear coil overs. i think i pushed that 5k mark. lol.

THIS ISNT A CHEAP HOBBY.
Old 06-15-2010 | 11:47 AM
10 Second Club
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
with watts and all the custom stuff and rear coil overs. i think i pushed that 5k mark. lol.

THIS ISNT A CHEAP HOBBY.
Cheap Not at all. But you probly are happy with your rear setup. You can get a great deal with Eric for a base rear, Or go crazy and spent 5K Plus.
Old 06-15-2010 | 02:31 PM
11 Second Club

i spent well above 5K lol
Old 06-15-2010 | 05:50 PM
10 Second Club
15 Year Member

Good choice on MWC if your going to spend that kind of money i would go with MWC because of the customer service and you talk to the owner/fabricator.
Old 06-19-2010 | 01:38 PM
Staging Lane

Default Watts link on MWC9 or M9?

Hello,

Does anyone have a watts link on the MWC9 or M9 rearend? I am more concerned with autocross than drag racing and would like to have that option.

The Fays watts link has axle tube mounts that mount inbourd of the sway bar mounts and looks like it may be close to interfering with the fabricated housings.

Thank you
Old 06-19-2010 | 10:01 PM
10 Second Club
15 Year Member

There is a few guys with MWC with a watts. do a search a probly can find it.

Quick Reply: MWC 9" or M9?