Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

who has a locker? is this right?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 10:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took my car to the exhaust shop in town and I got a call saying they think something is wrong with my rear. He told me he talked to the drivetrain place next door and they thought something was wrong with it as well, Drivetrain set it up even and they thought something was wrong with it until I told him it was a locker.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smokinponcho73
I took my car to the exhaust shop in town and I got a call saying they think something is wrong with my rear. He told me he talked to the drivetrain place next door and they thought something was wrong with it as well, Drivetrain set it up even and they thought something was wrong with it until I told him it was a locker.
Hell, if I took mine into a shop they'd call and try to sell me diff AND a trans!
Old 01-28-2011, 05:04 PM
Teching In

yea im thinking a locker was a bad move..... ill have to put up with it for a bit till i can sell it or save to buy a new set up, i really wish i would of not went with it not.... y does going fast have to be so stressful!! lol
Old 01-28-2011, 06:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sick&twistedSS
yea im thinking a locker was a bad move..... ill have to put up with it for a bit till i can sell it or save to buy a new set up, i really wish i would of not went with it not.... y does going fast have to be so stressful!! lol
I know what you mean. I am on my 3rd rear, 2nd tranny(needs rebuilt) and second engine.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by smokinponcho73
I know what you mean. I am on my 3rd rear, 2nd tranny(needs rebuilt) and second engine.
damn lol what the hell do u do with it haha
Old 02-01-2011, 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I bought the car and It did not have a dipstick. I only ran it about 3k and it spun a rod. I pulled the engine/tranny out and reinstalled it. I never checked the tranny fluid and like 10 miles after the engine swap my tranny froze up on me. I bought a used one with lots of miles and it needs rebuilt and I popped the 10 bolt once so I went with an eaton in it then when I could afford it I bought a 9" before I blew the eaton. and thats my life story.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:16 AM
TECH Resident

its the locker, i have same thing happen on mine, or if u shift semi slow it will jump left or right, my thinking was that when ur coasting the locker disengages but when u reapply the gas it gives it power to one wheel for a split second till it locks up so then it would cause it to jump left or right, thats how mine feels anyway
Old 02-02-2011, 06:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I have found it is easier to just start out in 2nd. I have 4.30's though so my 2nd is like a tall 1st.