Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Looking for a 9", where is the best place to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 04:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

which vendor will take children as payment for a rear end?
Old 03-06-2011, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
By your location you are in our backyard, we can put you a set up together at a great price and even install it into your vehicle for you. We offer a discount for picked up items that already include free shipping.

If you are with in a decent driving distance swing by our shop, nothing better than going to the source of the people that not only sell it to you but build it for you as well.
Where are you located?

So I will give you both a shot and the best price will get my money. I love the fact that we have 2 great companies battling for business!!!!!! This is why I posted on this site. Thank you both I wil be in touch
Old 03-06-2011, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
By your location you are in our backyard, we can put you a set up together at a great price and even install it into your vehicle for you. We offer a discount for picked up items that already include free shipping.

If you are with in a decent driving distance swing by our shop, nothing better than going to the source of the people that not only sell it to you but build it for you as well.
What additional cost would this add to the purchase of a 9" ?

On a side note, I don't know of any single business that hasn't gotten a negative review at some point or another. Sometimes **** happens, and it sucks for everyone involved. I know I recently got screwed out of a $500 rebate (along with thousands of other customers) from a large size appliance retailer in the Midwest. However, the company still maintains an A+ rating with the BBB. Complaints and disputes happen all the time, make your decision based on what YOU want and don't listen to the few haters out there.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:45 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kilrbecars1
Where are you located?
We are located in Pekin IL 61554.

PM Sent also.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personaly I think two companys arguing and competing for bussiness is exactly how it should be. Its where america came from. I have a friend who owns a speed shop who wont compete with crap when business is good but will whine like a girl when its bad saying he coulda done better and I should have bought from him.

Also can someone explain the MWC screename and the SSVERT screen name. Are they the same person?

I think that last MWC post might have shown some light on what kind of attitude he can have when irritated.

I dont blame him when everyone seems to be questioning him and possibly affecting his livelyhood.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

I think ,my thread was about me trying to buy a 9", some of these people need to get off my thread and call each other! Serious keep this crap off my thread!
Old 03-08-2011, 04:42 AM
Launching!

I think ,my thread was about me trying to buy a 9", some of these people need to get off my thread and call each other! Serious keep this crap off my thread!
I looked and researched for probly 2 months before purchasing my 9". It works both ways. DM had a bad situation with mwc. On the other hand, I've seen numerous complaints about moser customer service.

Both gave be a ton of great info on what they had to offer what they recommended. They both new I was a ways off from purchasing, and never pressured me or gave me a big sales pitch. I would recommend calling or emailing both of them.

In the end, I felt the right way for me to go was with mwc. Yea I had to wait a few months, but I would wait a year for this rear end. I'd do it just the same if I were to do it over again. With mwc, its great to talk to the guys that actually build the rear end. Ive even called late in the evening to just leave a message and they ended up still bein there working.

Look at all ur options tho, what was best for me may not be for you.

Last edited by ls6firebird; 03-08-2011 at 04:55 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:22 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rare96LT1Formula
What additional cost would this add to the purchase of a 9" ?

The cost of the install is basically the same as if we were to ship it to you. We put two guys on it and have it done within a few hours of it showing up and will do the first driving heat cycle for you to make sure its all good to go.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:46 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Oldsmobility85
Personaly I think two companys arguing and competing for bussiness is exactly how it should be. Its where america came from. I have a friend who owns a speed shop who wont compete with crap when business is good but will whine like a girl when its bad saying he coulda done better and I should have bought from him.

Also can someone explain the MWC screename and the SSVERT screen name. Are they the same person?

I think that last MWC post might have shown some light on what kind of attitude he can have when irritated.

I dont blame him when everyone seems to be questioning him and possibly affecting his livelyhood.
MidwestChassis... Jason, the guy that answers the phone most of the time, handles the logistics of the business, digs for better deals on high quality parts so we can pass the savings along to our customers, etc. Office biatch... keep him away from the anti-seize and power tools, but he is real good at lining up races

ssvert99... Eric, owner of Midwest Chassis & Performance, Inc., mastermind of the components and chassis work on all the cars. I don't sit behind a computer in my basement whoring up threads on multiple forums trying to just make a buck. My hands are dirty 12hrs a day, and when I'm not working I'm cruising the streets or at the dragstrip. Everyone employed at MWC races... both Mustangs and f-body's.

I normally keep pretty low key here because I believe it is the best policy... our customers speak for us and our products sell themselves. When it comes down to a person that has a personality that will advertise a sig like the person of subject, then most people will know the real story before I have to tell my end of the deal. We are all human here and mistakes can be made, but when it comes down to bashing my reputation and possibly affecting the livelihood of myself and employees of MWC then I will fight to death, literally. I have no reason to speak nothing but the truth and run my business the right way, and when someone tries to purposely fraudulate the system and double dip myself and the companies we use, then the truth will come out and I will spend the time and money to do so. I have no reason to give any sort of customer service to this person when I have been threatened. I'd rather just get the product back and refund the money of what we receive, and have no use or need for a customer like this, or any of his money. And quite obvious his memory isn't very good.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ssvert99
The cost of the install is basically the same as if we were to ship it to you. We put two guys on it and have it done within a few hours of it showing up and will do the first driving heat cycle for you to make sure its all good to go.
Sounds good. I'll be in touch when the funds permit
Old 03-08-2011, 11:57 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rare96LT1Formula
Sounds good. I'll be in touch when the funds permit

No problem... not sure of your time frame, but get the order and some type of deposit in so we can get you on the build list. We can work with you on the financing if you don't have it all at the time of the build. It is standard procedure for us to take a deposit and bill in increments(if needed) for the rearends. It is a large purchase for most people and we understand what it takes.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:41 PM
11 Second Club

Default Midwest Chassis Rocks ...!!!

I am very.... very.... pleased with my Fab 9" rear end purchased from Midwest. Eric & Jason at Midwest Chassis are very Knowledgeable.

They manufacture & build top notch custom made products.
Erics Engineering & Fabrication skills are second to none.

When people look at my Midwest Fab 9...they cant believe there eyes.
Jaws Drop when they see the rear end in my Camaro.

First Glance tells you 2 things.... Strength & Very Heavy Duty.
This rear end was built to last.

My car handles better, stops better & accelerates much better now & this rear end feels Rock Solid in my car. My Camaro feels like a different car now.

My Customer experience with Eric & Jason was the best that i have ever recieved from any business. They walked me through the entire process & they advised me & made sure that i got exactly what i needed for my Application.

Erics Fab 9" rear end is like true " Art work " Midwest Chassis Rocks !!
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a 9", where is the best place to buy?-midwest-chassis-fab-9-break-oil-change-006.jpg   Looking for a 9", where is the best place to buy?-midwest-chassis-fab-9-rearend-004.jpg   Looking for a 9", where is the best place to buy?-midwest-chassis-fab-9-rearend-003.jpg   Looking for a 9", where is the best place to buy?-midwest-chassis-fab-9-break-oil-change-002.jpg  
Old 03-10-2011, 03:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Can someone tell me how adding a different rearend to your car helps it stop handle or accelerate better?
Old 03-10-2011, 03:16 AM
12 Second Club

I got my rear installed up at MWC i think it took around 5 hours for everything to get done.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:05 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm looking for a 9" for my 2000 T/A, where is the best place to buy new? I would consider used, if the price was right.
If you wire transfer me the money, I knock off $100.00 from any of the rears on the link here. http://shop.brutespeed.com/82-02-F-B...ar-Ends_c5.htm
Let me know if you have any questions. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 03-11-2011, 03:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

probuilt that man said his mwc rear makes his car drive handle stop and accelerate better than the stock one.

I want an explanation of that not one of how the stock rear is weak and what popular rears are out there to replace it. Besides the last time I had the front wheels of my car off the ground I was abruptly reminded of the weakness of a 7.5 when they came slamming down and the rear tires were dragging and hopping behind me. LOL
Old 03-11-2011, 03:13 AM
Staging Lane

God damn! after reading 5 pages and only a few good posts about the facts, i had to waste my time paging through some dumbfuck cry about fed ex and a bloody tampon. as far as Bob and Midwest. im gonna be contacting you both to figure out which one is better im sure they are both good. Only thing im about with MWC is im a impatient guy! lol but im sure its worth it.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

haha tell me about it lol
Old 03-11-2011, 09:01 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by TheZDeWolfe
God damn! after reading 5 pages and only a few good posts about the facts, i had to waste my time paging through some dumbfuck cry about fed ex and a bloody tampon. as far as Bob and Midwest. im gonna be contacting you both to figure out which one is better im sure they are both good. Only thing im about with MWC is im a impatient guy! lol but im sure its worth it.
Thanks, give me a call when you get a chance. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 03-11-2011, 10:52 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheZDeWolfe
No problem, ours do take a little time to build but in the end you get exactly what you want with no questions of "oh man I wish I could of done that to" in the end.

That and we will work to match if not beat anyone's prices.

Quick Reply: Looking for a 9", where is the best place to buy?