Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Looking for a 9", where is the best place to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 04:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a 9", where is the best place to buy?

I'm looking for a 9" for my 2000 T/A, where is the best place to buy new? I would consider used, if the price was right.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recommend Eric at Midwest Chassis and Performance, his Fab 9" rear end rocks hands down. I have had mine for 1.5 years and I absolutely love it.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your gonna get a lot of oppinions to this question. I am gonna say that if you pay nearly 4000 dollars for a rear and suspension package it darn sure better be amazing.

Ive been building my own 9" from a factory truck housing. All cost's including buying a core ive got right at 1600 in it all completely new. I utilized quicktime performance for my third member and it cost me 672 bucks for everything. It was way cheaper than I found anywhere else.
$1600 is about the average price for a used 12 bolt in the classified section on here.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:37 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by kilrbecars1
I'm looking for a 9" for my 2000 T/A, where is the best place to buy new? I would consider used, if the price was right.
http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-9-I...c-Truetrac.htm

Check out the above link, shipping is included in the price, and these rears are shipped out two days after the order is received. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 03-04-2011, 11:57 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kilrbecars1
By your location you are in our backyard, we can put you a set up together at a great price and even install it into your vehicle for you. We offer a discount for picked up items that already include free shipping.

If you are with in a decent driving distance swing by our shop, nothing better than going to the source of the people that not only sell it to you but build it for you as well.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

We offer free shipping too, plus since we are not in your state you won't have to pay state sales tax! Bob

Old 03-04-2011, 01:21 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Our prices are so low even with sales tax included it will be cheaper especially since we give you a discount on no shipping, and lets be honest there is no such thing as free as it is all figured into the prices that's why we can offer you a discount if you pick it up.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:26 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Question

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
Our prices are so low even with sales tax included it will be cheaper especially since we give you a discount on no shipping, and lets be honest there is no such thing as free as it is all figured into the prices that's why we can offer you a discount if you pick it up.
Really, you can do better than $2450.00 shipped and include sales tax on a Moser 9 inch with a Trac-Loc or Truetrac, 1350 yoke, 31 spline, lca's etc? You still have to pay to have it shipped from Moser to you, even if the customer picks it up at your shop... Bob

Old 03-04-2011, 04:23 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
Really, you can do better than $2450.00 shipped and include sales tax on a Moser 9 inch with a Trac-Loc or Truetrac, 1350 yoke, 31 spline, lca's etc? You still have to pay to have it shipped from Moser to you, even if the customer picks it up at your shop... Bob
As a matter of fact yes we probably could put a package together using a Moser 9 and still not limit customers to one manufactures products by offering the same components we offer with our fabricated housing, on top of that the housings will also be included with brake line tabs, e-brake cable brackets, drain plug, relocation brackets, and sway bar mounts. An to top it off we will offer the same discount on our torque arm, LCA, PHB, and ARB we offer our fabricated customers.

All though I was talking about putting someone in our fabricated housing, as it is the best deal on the market right now.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:01 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

All though I was talking about putting someone in our fabricated housing, as it is the best deal on the market right now.
Now let's be honest... You knew we were talking about a Moser rearend... It doesn't sound like the op is looking to get upgraded into a fabricated rear end. He probably also doesn't want to have to wait two or three months for it either... Bob

Old 03-04-2011, 06:29 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Now let's be honest... You knew we were talking about a Moser rearend... It doesn't sound like the op is looking to get upgraded into a fabricated rear end. He probably also doesn't want to have to wait two or three months for it either... Bob
Why would he not want the best deal he possibly can get? Why make such a purchase and limit yourself? Unless you have a torque arm already our fabricated housing that comes with one is one of the best deals on the market because by the time you purchase any other rear end and then yet another manufactures torque arm you have not spent the same if not exceed the cost of our fabricated housing. We also have countless customers that have sold their existing 12 bolt or 9 inch rearends that have aftermarket torque arms and step up to the MWC package to get the newest technology and lightest weight.

Sure we have a time frame, we are building one off items to suit a customers needs. That is how $2000+ purchases should be I know if I personally am spending money on such an item I would not limitations. That is also why we are doing Moser stamped housings as well for the people that need them ASAP and we will still not be limiting them on a purchase.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Why would he not want the best deal he possibly can get? Why make such a purchase and limit yourself? Unless you have a torque arm already our fabricated housing that comes with one is one of the best deals on the market because by the time you purchase any other rear end and then yet another manufactures torque arm you have not spent the same if not exceed the cost of our fabricated housing. We also have countless customers that have sold their existing 12 bolt or 9 inch rearends that have aftermarket torque arms and step up to the MWC package to get the newest technology and lightest weight.

Sure we have a time frame, we are building one off items to suit a customers needs. That is how $2000+ purchases should be I know if I personally am spending money on such an item I would not limitations. That is also why we are doing Moser stamped housings as well for the people that need them ASAP and we will still not be limiting them on a purchase.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-s...-eric-mwc.html
Sounds like maybe you might need to take care of your current customers... Bob

Old 03-04-2011, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love my Midwest rear,although i am changing out the gears for some motives,its still the best purchase i have made for my car
Old 03-05-2011, 12:45 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-s...-eric-mwc.html
Sounds like maybe you might need to take care of your current customers... Bob
We take care of all our customers, thanks for keeping track for us though.

Anyone with any questions feel free to PM us or call the shop.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

call me crazy, but i sense a little tension in this thread....
Old 03-05-2011, 08:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ww111
Old 03-05-2011, 10:32 PM
12 Second Club

nah Just sponsers battling it out. - Fair to say they both have valid points.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:12 PM
Launching!

I think the question should be who could get me a rear to Toronto, ontario, canada the cheapest. Already have torque arm and lca. Also needs to be 3 channel and a posi.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:17 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by joe77
I think the question should be who could get me a rear to Toronto, ontario, canada the cheapest. Already have torque arm and lca. Also needs to be 3 channel and a posi.
Give me a postal code and I'll check for you first thing Monday morning for you. Bob

Old 03-06-2011, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just bought a Strange S60. For the price, i couldn't beat it. It's not a "light" option by any means, but if you're interested, talk to Carl at CRP. He's a real nice guy, and he can get you into a fully assembled S60 with a Chromoly driveshaft, for only a little bit more than the price listed on the Moser 9" above. I also wouldn't be too impressed with any company that picks a fight with another company in a thread where you are asking who to buy through.

Quick Reply: Looking for a 9", where is the best place to buy?