Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser 9 inch rearend assembly with detriot locker

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 06:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Moser 9 inch rearend assembly with detriot locker

I will buy a moser 9 inch direct bolt in assembly for my car and stronger driveshaft too. Can anyone here give me some advice on what sponsor is best to deal with for this item? Whether a sponsor can offer price match or better and customer service. I know TSP and MWC sells what I'm looking for. But I want to see what you guys have to say about other sponsors. But basically, I need to upgrade my rearend. I have no intention of "beefing" up my 10bolt. I already broke the ring and pinion. I rather spend the money one time and get it right the first time.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW, I've heard that the Strange is an all around better rear end.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:37 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
FWIW, I've heard that the Strange is an all around better rear end.
All though we do offer to try and beat anyones advertised prices on Strange and Moser product, if your not looking at getting into one of our fabricated nine inches that are similar in price the S60 has had better reviews from our customers. Both companies do make a wonderful product though.

Here is what comes with our base package.

Base package includes housing(any width), Strange nodular center section with spool and choice of gear ratio(Motive Performance), 31-35 spline Strange axles w/ street bearings and 2" 12mm metric or 1/2" SAE studs, chrome-moly double adjustable torque arm with crossmember for your application. All necessary hardware is included as well. The base package is $2700 shipped to the lower 48 states east of Colorado. Co. and west is 2750.00 and coastal/border states may incur a slight surcharge. Residential deliveries of complete assembled rearends will require a liftgate service and will need to be quoted at the time of order.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like "BOB" @ https://www.brutespeed.com/index.htm
all though I do not think he likes the locker for street use, he will sell you any think you want.
I LIKE THE LOCKER, I ran a locker on the street/strip for 6 years on a 67 427 mustang with a standard back in the 60'
ran a locker in my 10 bolt A4 for 6 years street/strip, now running a locker in my 9" on street/strip
as stated I LIKE LOCKERS
Johnny
Old 03-09-2011, 12:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by SS SLP2
I like "BOB" @ https://www.brutespeed.com/index.htm
all though I do not think he likes the locker for street use, he will sell you any think you want.
I LIKE THE LOCKER, I ran a locker on the street/strip for 6 years on a 67 427 mustang with a standard back in the 60'
ran a locker in my 10 bolt A4 for 6 years street/strip, now running a locker in my 9" on street/strip
as stated I LIKE LOCKERS
Johnny

Thanks Johnny, I appreciate it!

My prices are right out there for everyone to see, you don't have to call us and talk to a salesman if you don't want to. We're always happy to talk to you on the phone, but I realize some people like to surf the net and check out the prices and info for themselves.
http://shop.brutespeed.com/82-02-F-B...ar-Ends_c5.htm
Take a look at the Moser rears at the above link. If you end up looking for an S60, Carl at CRP is the guy to go to for the S60. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 03-09-2011, 01:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
Thanks Johnny, I appreciate it!

My prices are right out there for everyone to see, you don't have to call us and talk to a salesman if you don't want to. We're always happy to talk to you on the phone, but I realize some people like to surf the net and check out the prices and info for themselves.
http://shop.brutespeed.com/82-02-F-B...ar-Ends_c5.htm
Take a look at the Moser rears at the above link. If you end up looking for an S60, Carl at CRP is the guy to go to for the S60. Bob
Ok thanks. I may give you guys a call when I check out your website. I got questions to ask.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CETAWS6
Ok thanks. I may give you guys a call when I check out your website. I got questions to ask.
Sounds good, thanks! Bob

Old 03-09-2011, 09:16 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

The locker isn't the most friendly diff unit to use. I like to use examples from things we find out by trying things first hand and the welders car had a locker in it and he said this year he would rather run a spool.

Granted it will probably have the test unit we been trying out for Strange this summer so we can put a ton of street miles on it plus go make some 10 second t-56 hits. That is why we prefer to talk to our customers because if I can't help you or talk real world experience someone in our shop probably can.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:03 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
The locker isn't the most friendly diff unit to use. I like to use examples from things we find out by trying things first hand and the welders car had a locker in it and he said this year he would rather run a spool.

Granted it will probably have the test unit we been trying out for Strange this summer so we can put a ton of street miles on it plus go make some 10 second t-56 hits. That is why we prefer to talk to our customers because if I can't help you or talk real world experience someone in our shop probably can.
Yea I hear you. I talked to some people about the locker. Some like it, some don't. I know a tru-trac is more friendly than a locker but I want something that won't break. But I dont want a spool either.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:13 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Yea I hear you. I talked to some people about the locker. Some like it, some don't. I know a tru-trac is more friendly than a locker but I want something that won't break. But I dont want a spool either.
Thanks for calling last night. I pm'd you our wire transfer information this morning. Another option I didn't mention is you might also want to consider the Wavetrac, it is more money but since you have a stroker engine making some good power, it may be the best way to go. You'll never know the Wavetrac is back there, it operates flawlessly and you don't have to worry about doing the dry hops I was telling you about with the locker to engage it. Here is a link to the Wavetrac. http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-9-I...h-Wavetrac.htm Thanks. Bob

Old 03-10-2011, 03:14 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

We have had very good luck with the trutrac in our builds but they have got a bad rap for sure in other housings. I would almost suggest a spool as there isn't much difference in annoying driving between the two and with the spool it is usually a guaranteed bullet proof way to go.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:06 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thanks for the order, Darryl! You'll be glad you went with the Wavetrac for your stroker engine and upcoming hit of nitrous. Bob

Old 03-11-2011, 12:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
Thanks for the order, Darryl! You'll be glad you went with the Wavetrac for your stroker engine and upcoming hit of nitrous. Bob
Yes and thank you for answering all of my questions and getting me in the right direction on the options.

Quick Reply: Moser 9 inch rearend assembly with detriot locker