Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Ford 9 inch rear end build?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 09:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford 9 inch rear end build?

Hey guys looking to build a 9 inch rear now that I have drag radials that hook real well in my m6 cammed Camaro that makes 450 to the wheels looking to do my heads as well so I know something is going to break. Can someone give me some insight as to a parts list of what I'll need. Obviously the housing, axles, center section but what else would I need? Thanks
Old 05-02-2016, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

We offer multiple options for the DIY builder. You can purchase just a fabricated core, housing ends, and F-Body specific bracket kit. As well as the same torque arm we use for F-Bodys.

Or you could purchase one of our housing and torque arm packages for $1699 shipped. It comes with a housing at any width, housing ends for your particular brakes already installed, all F-Body specific brackets already welded in place, torque arm, and crossmember.

Much easier and cheaper than trying to build it yourself, just add your axles and center section.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would all I need then be the axles and center section by buying the package from you?
Old 05-03-2016, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by racecarz28
Would all I need then be the axles and center section by buying the package from you?
Correct if you purchased our housing and torque arm package you will just need to supply your own axles and center section.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not to hijack... but how much can you narrow the housings for wider wheels/tires without having to mini tub a 99 Trans am?
Old 05-04-2016, 12:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Cartel
Not to hijack... but how much can you narrow the housings for wider wheels/tires without having to mini tub a 99 Trans am?
Has nothing to do with narrowing the rear end width. And depends on which company you talk to, which brakes you're using etc. You will get the same wheel/ tire on a stock length rear though with proper backspacing.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Cartel
SteenH answered your question on narrowing a housing and mini tubing. Look at a wheel as three vertical lines, the left line is the outside of the wheel the center line is the center portion of the wheel where it mounts and the right line is the backside of the wheel.

Narrowing your housing is doing nothing more than moving the center line closer to the right line. It does not change the chassis what so ever, what does require mini tub is wider wheels and tires over combinations that will fit with in the stock wheel tubs. If you want to go to a 12" wide wheel plan on mini tubing your vehicle, a 10" wheel will work just fine and the most common narrowed combination is -3 per side.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see what your saying. Thanks!
Old 05-05-2016, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

No problem, if you ever have questions feel free to ask by phone, message, or even email.

Quick Reply: Ford 9 inch rear end build?