Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

4.10 gear whine..

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 06:42 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the all of my stock 10 bolts weither or not a a4 or m6 I run 4.10's with no gear whine.With my 12 bolt(recentally destoried again) theres been nothing but whining noise from it.Ive had different people set them up with the same results.Maybe Ill get a book and the proper tools and try myself.All factory vehicles equiped with 4.10's (trucks,vans and others with a 12 bolt)dont whine at all, why should are's whine? I think something just aint right with the setup.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smokeum99ta
On the all of my stock 10 bolts weither or not a a4 or m6 I run 4.10's with no gear whine.With my 12 bolt(recentally destoried again) theres been nothing but whining noise from it.Ive had different people set them up with the same results.Maybe Ill get a book and the proper tools and try myself.All factory vehicles equiped with 4.10's (trucks,vans and others with a 12 bolt)dont whine at all, why should are's whine? I think something just aint right with the setup.
I hear ya man, but it just seems that 12 Bolt + 4.10s = Whine. No matter what. I mean, if you don't race it and baby it, yeah it'll stay quiet.

But we all go to an aftermarket rear to race!