Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

New Moser M9 rear with Moser torque arm!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 04:21 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by 2nasty
what is a backbrace,and how does it make it just as strong?I dont know much about rearends.Just trying to decide which 9in. to run

You can see the backbrace in these pictures, which gives the rear much added strength in the axle tube section. Bob
Old 01-10-2008, 02:18 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Moser M9 with ABS

It will be $175.00 and goes into the top of the housing just like the 10 bolt does. The rear will be machined for the ABS, and the sensor is included. Some assembly will be required, but it isn't hard to do.

Note that this will only be available for the Truetrac and the Locker. Bob
Old 01-13-2008, 06:58 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

I've added more options to my website for this Moser M9 rearend. Bob
Old 01-13-2008, 10:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pm sent
Old 01-13-2008, 11:01 AM
11 Second Club

has anyone put this in their street car yet?
Old 01-14-2008, 04:25 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SmokedOutZ28
Pm sent
pm returned, thanks. Bob
Old 01-14-2008, 04:27 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by deejaydaze
has anyone put this in their street car yet?
I'm not sure if my Z28 qualifies, we drove it on the required 30 mile drive on the LSX Shootout, and the rear was very quiet. We also drove it 20 miles or so around the shop and everything sounds quiet. Bob
Old 01-14-2008, 07:41 AM
11 Second Club

AHAHAHA nice try Bob!

I meant a more realistic street car. By the way I'm very jealous of your Z28
Old 01-14-2008, 08:06 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

AHAHAHA nice try Bob!

I meant a more realistic street car. By the way I'm very jealous of your Z28
Hey, it'll get you where you need to go! lol

I don't know of any that are being used for street use yet, they're still pretty new to have very many driving with them. Bob
Old 01-14-2008, 08:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
pm returned, thanks. Bob
left you a message I got back kinda late.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:55 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Thanks, I'll retrieve it this morning. Bob
Old 01-17-2008, 04:18 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Question

Give me a call back when you get a chance, I didn't get your message, Thanks, 260 244-4808 Bob
Old 01-25-2008, 07:58 AM
Staging Lane

what kinda noise could you expect the m9 to make on the street, clunks, squeeks, putting in gear or cruising, is it worse than loud gear noise? or does it have loud gear noise too. colin
Old 01-25-2008, 05:55 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by straightleg
what kinda noise could you expect the m9 to make on the street, clunks, squeeks, putting in gear or cruising, is it worse than loud gear noise? or does it have loud gear noise too. colin
Mine sounds quiet, no more noise than a Spohn torque arm makes, maybe less. Mine doesn't have any gear noise. Bob
Old 01-25-2008, 07:05 PM
Staging Lane

Thats good to hear, I have a sophn torque arm on my 10 bolt with 3.73 richmond gears, with a 1.8 60' on et streets and its never made a noise, but it could be one of the lucky 10's, until I spray it.

the guy at moser told me their test car has loud drivetrain noise. What is loud?
I know it can't be as quiet as a new corvette.

thanks for the info.
colin
Old 01-26-2008, 04:30 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Smile

Originally Posted by straightleg
Thats good to hear, I have a sophn torque arm on my 10 bolt with 3.73 richmond gears, with a 1.8 60' on et streets and its never made a noise, but it could be one of the lucky 10's, until I spray it.

the guy at moser told me their test car has loud drivetrain noise. What is loud?
I know it can't be as quiet as a new corvette.

thanks for the info.
colin
The only time we hear noise with mine is when going over bumps. This set-up is indeed for hardcore use, if you're concerned if it will drive and sound like a stocker, I would go with the standard Moser nine inch. My M9 is pretty quiet but the M9/F Body is designed for killer 60 ft times with no compromises given to driveability. Bob
Old 01-27-2008, 08:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Give me a call back when you get a chance, I didn't get your message, Thanks, 260 244-4808 Bob
Just saw this, I'll shoot you a call tomorrow.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:56 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Just saw this, I'll shoot you a call tomorrow.
I just dropped my prices by $200.00 on my website.

Several people have been asking about the Moser torque arm that is supplied with this rear end. Below is Moser's reply. Bob

"The Moser Engineering torque arm was designed to gain maximum strength without sacrificing clearance either in the driveshaft tunnel or ground clearance. The lower tube has been offset to keep the lower rod end and pinion angle adjuster above the scrub line. The scrub line is the lower edge of the wheel. Most sanctioning bodies do not allow any suspension components below the scrub line. Since the average racing wheel measures 15” in diameter, that means there is only 7 ½” from the axle centerline to the scrub line or 1 ½” from the bottom of the housing to the scrub line. Murphy’s Law states that if you leave something hanging down from the bottom of a race car, sooner or later it’s going to get caught on something so the farther you stay away from the scrub line the better off you are.

Since the lower bar has a slight offset to allow for increased ground clearance we intersected the diagonals with the bends in the lower and upper bars. This along with double coping and increased tube diameters in the diagonals minimizes the chance for the torque arm to flex.

The torque arm only controls housing rotation. the instant center of the rear suspension can be changed by moving the forward torque arm heim up or down in the adjustable forward mount on the transmission crossmember.The lower control arms locate the housing and the anti roll bar controls body roll. Moser Engineering recommends using an aftermarket anti roll bar in any high performance application.

Moser Engineering does not recommend attaching any safety equipment to any suspension part. Welding a drive shaft loop to the torque arm or the torque arm crossmember is asking for trouble in the event of a driveshaft failure!

The Moser Engineering M9 housing has a 1/8” thick 1 piece rear section with a 3/8” face plate and screw in studs. The 1 piece design is superior to the 3 piece designs on the market which tend to fail on the vertical welds where the bells attach to the center piece. The ¼” face plates used by other manufacturers tend to bend out at the bottom caused by the center section trying to twist upward during acceleration. Even with internal gusseting inside the housing a ¼” thick face plate will eventually bend. Moser Engineering also uses thread in Grade 8 center section studs to ease replacement of the stud if it becomes damaged during the repeated removal & installation of the center section. Press in studs depends on the knurl creating small grooves in the face plate to keep the stud from turning during the removal and installation of the center section. If the stud needs to be replaced, usually the replacement stud will not hold properly due to the damage done by the original stud. Knurled studs do have their place; it’s just not in a race type application.

All Moser Engineering torque arms are “bolt in” packages designed for the racer that has a 10 second or faster car that wants to do the work himself. This package also allows the car to be returned to “stock” form if the racer ever decides to do so. With the “weld in” packages on the market that is not an option. The torque arm front mount is integrated into the transmission crossmember mount, the most likely mounting point because of the structural integrity of that part of the F-body platform. Many other manufacturers use the tunnel brace mounts to attach their forward mounts to, which are simply small pieces of sheet metal welded to the floor pan. They were never designed to handle any suspension forces.

Moser Engineering torque arms and crossmembers are made of 4130N chrome moly tubing. Unlike some other manufacturers who are using inferior materials to build their crossmembers with no regard to function or form, every part of the Moser Engineering assembly, from the hardware to the housing, is of the highest quality."

Last edited by Exotic Performance Plus; 02-13-2008 at 09:00 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:39 PM
11 Second Club

Drop them on the old Moser 9 too!!

Waiting on a check to clear...then I'll be buzzing your ear.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:55 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Drop them on the old Moser 9 too!!

Waiting on a check to clear...then I'll be buzzing your ear.
I did, the standard Moser rear now starts at $2,400.00 shipped. Bob

Quick Reply: New Moser M9 rear with Moser torque arm!